Are we still griping about power rankings? Because I found a doozy this week...

blacklabel

Alrighty, first off, I'm starting to really believe that power rankings are written with the sole purpose of angering fans. Either way, let's take a look at The Athletic's rankings by Sheil Kapadia. Now, they use some metric some schmucky schmuck created that removes plays based on luck or some horseturds, and they blame that on their janky rankings. Here's their top ten:

1. Chiefs

2. Steelers

3. Packers

4. Saints

5. Seahawks

6. Titans

7. Rams

8. Buccaneers

9. Ravens

10. Bills

At the very least, the Bills should probably sit 7th, they defeated both the Seahawks and the Rams, and they have a better record than the Bucs and Ravens. The Dangerfield's of the NFL, no respect, no respect at all I tell ya. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, TBBills said:

If you don't like someone's ranking you ignore it so they cannot get paid for doing these things.

What?! That's not how this works! That's not how any of this works!! Look up the ancient laws of the internet, it clearly states that if you find something you don't like then you find a forum where you can gripe about it and feel reassured and validated when others pile on along with ya. You're stealin' mah joy, TBBills, stealin' mah joy! That TB had better stand for "Tampa Bay" fella! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

If you don't like someone's ranking you ignore it so they cannot get paid for doing these things.

Or you discuss it with fellow fans and enjoy the sport and theorizing about it. But of course if you don't like those conversations, you can just not click the topic and we won't get paid....wait..

• Haha (+1) 1

Most power rankings have us most of the season at 4th-6th.  Honestly, the only metric that matters to me is wins/losses.  Next Monday night we’ll be 9-3.  I can easily see 12-4 this year.  I’ve contended we will finish 11-5 this year, but starting to hope this will be a 12-4 year.  As the football gods always say, you’re ranking is 0-0 once you make it to the dance.  The Ravens have proven this point these last couple of years.

Who cares what the Athletic author thinks?  

8 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Most power rankings have us most of the season at 4th-6th.  Honestly, the only metric that matters to me is wins/losses.  Next Monday night we’ll be 9-3.  I can easily see 12-4 this year.  I’ve contended we will finish 11-5 this year, but starting to hope this will be a 12-4 year.  As the football gods always say, you’re ranking is 0-0 once you make it to the dance.  The Ravens have proven this point these last couple of years.

Yep. I too agree that we should be 4th-6th. 

4 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

🤣🤣🤣 Browns are 8-3 and not even listed. How do you think their fans feel?

Garbage listing.

Well Browns are garbage and lose to teams with winning records.

8 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

Or you discuss it with fellow fans and enjoy the sport and theorizing about it. But of course if you don't like those conversations, you can just not click the topic and we won't get paid....wait..

Yep... So much actual discussion going on... It played out the way it always does, memes and people saying the same ***** I did.

Actually ... Yes.  Weekly  (look down the page) 

NFL Power Rankings Week 13

12 hours ago, blacklabel said:

Alrighty, first off, I'm starting to really believe that power rankings are written with the sole purpose of angering fans. Either way, let's take a look at The Athletic's rankings by Sheil Kapadia.

its called CLICK BAIT 

14 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Wins/Losses is what gets you into the playoffs.

Power rankings predict how you'll do once you get there???  Maybe???

Obviously, different schedules, bad officiating, injuries and other variables can effect wins and losses.  So a team's record isn't a perfect reflection of it's quality as we all know.  We read power rankings to get a sense of how the "experts" see the actual strength of each team.  And as fans, we want validation, we want the Bills to rank high.

Except for some of us who just don't care.  Most of the experts just aren't expert enough for me to worry about their opinion.  

• Like (+1) 1