Joey Bosa on Josh Allen

section122

3 hours ago, mattynh said:

This play took over the lateral in the playoffs last year as the new dumbest play of Allen’s career.  Nothing good could come from what he tried.  A called run always has linemen down the field and he knows that.  Just take the loss and play the next down.  He is sliding a lot when he runs vs always being super man.  This was another of his super man plays he needs to work on eliminating.  We need a healthy josh Allen.  

100% agree especially when he has contributed to 86% off the offense statistically.....He needs to understand that better than anyone else.  

He made a couple of  tactical mistakes that could have cost us the game and the season.   He needs to be better than that.

5 hours ago, mattynh said:

This play took over the lateral in the playoffs last year as the new dumbest play of Allen’s career.  Nothing good could come from what he tried.  A called run always has linemen down the field and he knows that.  Just take the loss and play the next down.  He is sliding a lot when he runs vs always being super man.  This was another of his super man plays he needs to work on eliminating.  We need a healthy josh Allen.  

I don't think this was a called run.  I think it was an RPO where Allen decided to keep it himself.  🤷‍♂️  But that's just my hunch and I'm no expert.

The point of RPO to my understanding is that the pass has to shoot out before the linemen get downfield.  See above....

4 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

You cannot bulldoze the best DE besides Watt...Doesn't happen

Well...there was a play where Moss blew Bosa up.  Lemme see:

image.thumb.png.773d2e5111a7a871584af72af8309936.png

Say Goodnight, Joey!

image.thumb.png.b27c2346c93192a607180dfbd642c114.png

Moss love 😍😍😍 best block I've seen from a Bills RB since FredEx blew up JJ Watt

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He said in his post-practice presser he didn't miss practice and it wasn't going to hinder him going forward

They allow the defender a couple of steps I believe.

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He said in his post-practice presser he didn't miss practice and it wasn't going to hinder him going forward

They allow the defender a couple of steps I believe.

Correction. 

They allow defenders with numbers other than 91 a couple steps. 

12 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Really? Seems pretty harsh considering Bosa did absolutely nothing wrong.

IMO - It was what he did and what and how he said it

josh-allen-ankle-injury.jpg?w=1200

Make the play, stand up, don't complain for 5 seconds, just walk away and STFU. 

(that applies to the Bills as well when they do it) 

The inflection on "what am I supposed to do" is what bugged me.

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think this was a called run.  I think it was an RPO where Allen decided to keep it himself.  🤷‍♂️  But that's just my hunch and I'm no expert.

I think it was a run read option not an RPO.   Lots of evidence that was a called run.

9 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The point of RPO to my understanding is that the pass has to shoot out before the linemen get downfield.  See above....

Well...there was a play where Moss blew Bosa up.  Lemme see:

image.thumb.png.773d2e5111a7a871584af72af8309936.png

Say Goodnight, Joey!

image.thumb.png.b27c2346c93192a607180dfbd642c114.png

Moss love 😍😍😍 best block I've seen from a Bills RB since FredEx blew up JJ Watt

Oh man what a block! 

Edited by Sherlock Holmes
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere - this is the mic'ed up segment the OP snip came from.  A

little more raw than the typical Buffalo Bills segment 😛   Bosa is an intense dude for sure. - probably the best mic'ed up I've ever seen.  Note at the end he greets his cousin Kumerow on the field

Edited by stevewin
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I believe he was waiting for one of the Bills OL to say "you're good". 

Finally Jon Feliciano said it.  Then Bosa wound down with that last "what am I supposed to do" line that as you note, changed inflection from worried to challenging.

Josh says of Jon "he always has my back".  Note that Jon has played against Bosa previously, with Oakland.

Josh's rookie season and early last year, there were some instances where there were some extracurricular after the play on Josh.  Guys who objected to getting stiff armed would try twisting Josh up after they got him down a few plays later or the like.  Cody Ford drew a personal foul for lifting one of them off Josh and shoving him 5 yards away.  But there are overall very few personal fouls by the OL

Those extracurriculars seem to have cut way back, yet Josh is still out there stiff arming people (albeit less often).  Hmmmm.

I believe in a football pileup, there are myriad opportunities for...expressing one's heartfelt opinions, away from the eyes of the refs.

If he had actual concern for injuring Josh, Bosa would have stood there quietly looking at Josh and waiting to learn the outcome.  He ain't concerned for Josh, he's running his mouth in a worried tone of voice because he's concerned for his scrotal integrity at the hands of Josh's OL.  They don't wear cups, ya know.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I have two thoughts about this play.  I didn't study the replay very carefully, so I don't know if it was unnecessary.  As you say, it was borderline.  My problems are these:

1.  I'm afraid the officials actually buy what Bosa said - something along the lines of "how am I supposed to tackle him, he's huge!"  In other words, the usual rules shouldn't apply because I can't tackle him.   What?   I'm entitled to kick Gronk because he's too big to tackle?    If you're a 190-pound DB and you can't bring down Derrick Henry, you can't break the rules.  What you do, and what Bosa is supposed to do, is hold on until help arrives.  If you can't hold on, then too bad, the guy gets away.   You are not allowed to make an illegal tackle just because the guy is big.  

2.  My second problem is related to the first.  I think the officiating is really inconsistent this season.  In the Steeler game today some guy got called for roughing the passer when he made a picture-perfect tackle of the QB just as the release was happening - in no way was it late, high, or low.  He tried to break his fall.   Flag.   So why is that flag thrown and none thrown on Bosa's play.  If the league is going to protect the players, it has to protect all the players. 

That is, imo, exactly how the refs overall have been not giving Cam Newton the calls in his career.  A smaller, more effete QB is always going to get more of the benefit of the doubt on getting a flag thrown, matter of human nature. And there is some logic to it if calling penalties relates to safety as a legitimate concern.  Who is more likely to get hurt with a rough tackle, Josh Allen or Russell Wilson?

Bosa is a great player.  And also a first-class d-bag, regardless of this particular play.  Bosa aside, Allen needs to be smarter.  He is getting better at reducing plays where he might turn the ball over (throwing the ball away, etc.), but he still needs to learn when to just take the sack.  While yardage is important, keeping himself healthy is more important.  These are all points that have been (correctly) made above in this thread.

10 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Oh man they both must be hurting...let me massage it out

Lol. I just saw more of the Joey Bosa mic'd up clip on GMFB.  At one point Dawkins says to him "when I see you at the gym in the off season, don't even talk to me" and Bosa says "I thought we were friends!"  Apparently Dawkins did not like being man handled by Bosa.

Thank God we don't face Bosa every week. Between this game and the Peterman game, he has been dominant against our line.