Joey Bosa on Josh Allen

section122

26 minutes ago, FLFan said:

Allen was already down and the ball was gone.  That last twisting body slam to the ground was unnecessary.  Lucky not to get a concussion on that.  Borderline for a call I suppose, but I don’t buy his innocent act for a second. 

I agree.  I watched the clip a couple of times and I think the whistle blew BEFORE Bosa slammed Allen down.  I have no problem with the tackle itself, just WHEN it occurred.

44 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

How is Allen's injury, he didn't tear any ligaments?

He said in his post-practice presser he didn't miss practice and it wasn't going to hinder him going forward

43 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I agree.  I watched the clip a couple of times and I think the whistle blew BEFORE Bosa slammed Allen down.  I have no problem with the tackle itself, just WHEN it occurred.

They allow the defender a couple of steps I believe.

This play took over the lateral in the playoffs last year as the new dumbest play of Allen’s career.  Nothing good could come from what he tried.  A called run always has linemen down the field and he knows that.  Just take the loss and play the next down.  He is sliding a lot when he runs vs always being super man.  This was another of his super man plays he needs to work on eliminating.  We need a healthy josh Allen.  

3 hours ago, section122 said:

Saw this and didn't see it anywhere on the board.  I know we all held our breath when Josh went down.  Check out Bosa talking on field about it....

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIRoGpSACmu/?igshid=7jq6q1za8nx6

I'll take Bosa and Allen at the same time for $1000:wub:

1 hour ago, Nitro said:

I hope the next time the Bills play the Chargers that they design a few power runs at Bosa and bulldoze him.   

You cannot bulldoze the best DE besides Watt...Doesn't happen

Edited by Sherlock Holmes

23 minutes ago, mattynh said:

This play took over the lateral in the playoffs last year as the new dumbest play of Allen’s career.  Nothing good could come from what he tried.  A called run always has linemen down the field and he knows that.  Just take the loss and play the next down.  He is sliding a lot when he runs vs always being super man.  This was another of his super man plays he needs to work on eliminating.  We need a healthy josh Allen.  

yeah that play was going nowhere would like to have seen him just get down and protect himself there. was really surprised he came right back in, he is one tough kid. i hope is ankle is ok, anxiously awaiting tomorrows injury report.

19 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Really? Seems pretty harsh considering Bosa did absolutely nothing wrong.

Or rather, if he did anything wrong playing beyond the whistle it was bang-bang (need a few moments to register whistle and may not be able to stop)

Nah, Bosa's not a D bag.  Just a wrecking machine.

51 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

yeah that play was going nowhere would like to have seen him just get down and protect himself there. was really surprised he came right back in, he is one tough kid. i hope is ankle is ok, anxiously awaiting tomorrows injury report.

Knee

Agreed he should have gotten down

4 hours ago, FLFan said:

Allen was already down and the ball was gone.  That last twisting body slam to the ground was unnecessary.  Lucky not to get a concussion on that.  Borderline for a call I suppose, but I don’t buy his innocent act for a second. 

I have two thoughts about this play.  I didn't study the replay very carefully, so I don't know if it was unnecessary.  As you say, it was borderline.  My problems are these:

1.  I'm afraid the officials actually buy what Bosa said - something along the lines of "how am I supposed to tackle him, he's huge!"  In other words, the usual rules shouldn't apply because I can't tackle him.   What?   I'm entitled to kick Gronk because he's too big to tackle?    If you're a 190-pound DB and you can't bring down Derrick Henry, you can't break the rules.  What you do, and what Bosa is supposed to do, is hold on until help arrives.  If you can't hold on, then too bad, the guy gets away.   You are not allowed to make an illegal tackle just because the guy is big.  

2.  My second problem is related to the first.  I think the officiating is really inconsistent this season.  In the Steeler game today some guy got called for roughing the passer when he made a picture-perfect tackle of the QB just as the release was happening - in no way was it late, high, or low.  He tried to break his fall.   Flag.   So why is that flag thrown and none thrown on Bosa's play.  If the league is going to protect the players, it has to protect all the players. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1