Week 12 Weds. afternoon football: Ravens at Steelers 3:40 pm Eastern

54 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

You saw it with us and the Titans.  You screw up a normal routine and the league keeps jerking you around you're going to come out flat.

This. For those of you underestimating Pittsburgh because of how they looked tonight, remember how out of sorts we looked against Tennessee. We’ll get Pittsburgh’s best effort and we better be ready. 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

This. For those of you underestimating Pittsburgh because of how they looked tonight, remember how out of sorts we looked against Tennessee. We’ll get Pittsburgh’s best effort and we better be ready. 

Ben hasn't been great this season by most reports but admit without James Conner the Steelers could look better. Yet admit their D is for real. I like our chances.

5 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Ben hasn't been great this season by most reports but admit without James Conner the Steelers could look better. Yet admit their D is for real. I like our chances.

I absolutely think we can beat them, but none of that has to do with how they looked tonight for me.  Their D is what’s most concerning to me. The Bud Dupree injury hurts for sure, but they just keep rotating in LBs that produce. Pittsburgh seems to have a good defense every year. No matter who is playing for them. It’s a mentality they seem to have year over year.  

Edited by TheProcess

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Looks like the Steelers MAY HAVE lost star pass rusher Bud Dupree (8 sacks, 2 forced fumbles this season) to a serious injury.

Obviously we won't know until at least tomorrow what the prognosis is, but it was non-contact and didn't look good, and he went immediately to the locker room.

Looked like an acl, They are already reporting acl... 

1 hour ago, TheProcess said:

Whether the Bills beat the Steelers or not, there’s absolutely no way anybody’s convincing me that they’re the best team in the NFL. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

You saw it with us and the Titans.  You screw up a normal routine and the league keeps jerking you around you're going to come out flat.

Didn't seem to affect the Titans. They had one of their best games against us.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Whether the Bills beat the Steelers or not, there’s absolutely no way anybody’s convincing me that they’re the best team in the NFL. 

Agreed. Honestly, for me, it’s the Chiefs and then everyone else chasing them. Doesn’t mean Chiefs can’t be beat. Just means they’re the best team going right now. 

2 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Agreed. Honestly, for me, it’s the Chiefs and then everyone else chasing them. Doesn’t mean Chiefs can’t be beat. Just means they’re the best team going right now. 

Exactly - I think the chiefs-saints coming up in a couple weeks is a SB preview as long as Brees can come back healthy. I just don’t see it any other way. Would be fun to be surprised but that’s my prediction. 

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Somewhere on a Steelers fan board, are fans are melting down because the Steelers faced off against a covid-depleted Ravens team and only beat them by 5 points?

Biggest letdown in a long time... All things considered | TheSteelersFans

"This is worse than some playoff losses considering their depleted roster. Seemed like the fans cared more about the Ravens antics than actual players. I think Tomlin and Harbaugh shook hands.

Worst part... Steelers ***** ass attitude of never blow a team out and making sure to get the under for Vegas. Might have got Dupree injured for the year. Game should have been over at halftime and back-ups should have been in by the 4th.

Didn't look like Tomlin had them ready. He looked half asleep himself and forgot his aviators. Tuitt tweeting about padding stats and easy victory.

Dupree out for the year and seasons over. Exactly why you blow these clowns out by 40 at halftime. I'm so mad."

37 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Exactly - I think the chiefs-saints coming up in a couple weeks is a SB preview as long as Brees can come back healthy. I just don’t see it any other way. Would be fun to be surprised but that’s my prediction. 

Yep, definitely could see that. Saints are up there with a healthy Brees. Although, pre-injury, he was looking a little shakier to me this year. Age catches up to us all at some point. As good as their defense is, it may be enough to make up any slight step back from the offense.

Another team in the NFC that’s up there for me is the Packers. If the Bills can’t make the Super Bowl, I think a Rodgers vs. Mahomes showdown would be really fun. 

Edited by TheProcess

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Somewhere on a Steelers fan board, are fans are melting down because the Steelers faced off against a covid-depleted Ravens team and only beat them by 5 points?

Do they deserve a pass? That is the question we all want answers to. 

That game was an awful spectacle for both teams and the league. The fact that so many Ravens tested positive for Covid and were out is testimony to that organizations complete failure of taking Covid seriously. But the real eye opener is how bad the Steelers were against this B team players. I havent watched enough of the Steelers this year to judge if they are full value for their record but last night they looked like a fraud. Final thought was how bittersweet it was to see RG3 again. Poor guy got run into the ground then run out of football by Shanahan and Washington. Nice to see that he is still on an NFL roster but what a sad shadow of himself he looked like last night.

10 hours ago, TheProcess said:

I absolutely think we can beat them, but none of that has to do with how they looked tonight for me.  Their D is what’s most concerning to me. The Bud Dupree injury hurts for sure, but they just keep rotating in LBs that produce. Pittsburgh seems to have a good defense every year. No matter who is playing for them. It’s a mentality they seem to have year over year.  

They typically have a very good front 7 but only in recent years have they shored  up their secondary. They used to get regularly undressed playing zone against Brady. Getting Haden and then minkah has really elevated their D. As good as they have been drafting WRs, they had been poor in drafting CBS for years. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Livinginthepast said:

That game was an awful spectacle for both teams and the league. The fact that so many Ravens tested positive for Covid and were out is testimony to that organizations complete failure of taking Covid seriously. But the real eye opener is how bad the Steelers were against this B team players. I havent watched enough of the Steelers this year to judge if they are full value for their record but last night they looked like a fraud. Final thought was how bittersweet it was to see RG3 again. Poor guy got run into the ground then run out of football by Shanahan and Washington. Nice to see that he is still on an NFL roster but what a sad shadow of himself he looked like last night.

Did you see Tomlin and Ben's postgame comments. Both were not happy. Tomlin especially. He was asked why did they have trouble when they got into the RZ. His answer was "US SUCKING". He basically said everything was bad. Ben said what Tomlin did. He was also asked about the "weird week" playing on a Wed and said "NO EXCUSES". He wasn't happy about the schedule either. He sarcastically said "we have a couple of hours before we have to play our "doubleheader" against Washington now.