What popular saying is actually bull####?

SDS

5 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

LOL I tried!

4 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Story of my (married) life, brotha.  My wife is total type A....if she’s not doing something or preparing to do something she gets anxious.  I’m, well, pretty laid back 😂

It has its advantages and disadvantages.  With regard to our marriage....our differences often present challenges.

Bros, I am LIVING IT as well. 🤣

Johnny, pretty much same situation. 👍

• Like (+1) 1

"A watched pot never boils."  It absolutely ***** does.

"The pen is mightier than the sword."  Great, let's duel.  You get a pen, I get a sword.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."  Bull.  Sometimes the right thing is to NOT shoot.

"Follow your dreams."  Your dreams are stupid.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Muppy said:

The customer is always right.                                 

Blondes gave more fun

The phrase originally was "The customer is always right in matters of taste."  Meaning if they want a neon pink toyota camry, well, that's their taste so sure.  Somewhere down the line the last part got dropped and some people felt they had the right to now act like complete a** holes to businesses.

On 12/2/2020 at 1:40 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

“Size doesn’t matter” is complete BS also.  Too big is usually not good, and too small is definitely not good.  Ask any woman who you know will give you an honest answer.

Yeah, but width (circumference) and not length is the important part.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Having worked in the education field for nearly 2 decades, I can say confidently that there a plenty of people who can’t do or teach.

Three decades in higher education here, and I've seen my share of the people you're talking about. But your point doesn't refute mine, since those people don't actually teach. (In fact, most of the the ones I've known have become administrators.) 

• Like (+1) 2

On 12/2/2020 at 12:30 PM, SDS said:

Is that really a popular saying though?

I've heard it a lot more recently. More of a trendy one I guess, rather than historically popular,  along with the whole "alpha" theme that seemed to manifest as a reaction to the latest "me too"/women's lib movement. A variation of other over-compensating statements of the same nature.

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

Three decades in higher education here, and I've seen my share of the people you're talking about. But your point doesn't refute mine, since those people don't actually teach. (In fact, most of the the ones I've known have become administrators.) 

Sadly true.  The woman who is the current curriculum director in my district is a former building level administrator.  She was so bad at her job and so hated in the community that they promoted her to curriculum director because they couldn’t fire her.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.