Black Monday is coming (UPDATE: is here!).....

GunnerBill

19 minutes ago, golfball323 said:

Great stuff. Thanks.

If we lose Daboll, do we think that there is an arrangement to keep his system in place with an in house promotion? Or do we go elsewhere?

I dont know about any arrangement, but there has been speculation that we would/could promote from within and move Ken Dorsey up from QB coach to OC.

That would be the only person currently on staff who I can see as a reasonable candidate for the spot.

23 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Daboll and Patricia would make the fattest HC and Coordinator combo in the history of the NFL.  They need to hire Freddie Kitchens as OC and they will cause a gravitational pull.

Make room for Romeo Crennel on that staff.  I mean seriously, make room for him hes huge

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Anthony Lynn is next man up.  His decision making as evidenced by Sunday’s game is brutal.  Should have been fired before now. 

McCarthy is going nowhere.  Not only his 1st year, but if Dak doesn’t go down, the Cowboys are at least a .500 team, and would have easily won the NFC East this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Just for fun, I for one would love to see Belichick hired by Tampa Bay, and look Brady right in the eyes and say with a smile, “ I’m back” 

the melt down Tawmy would have would be absolutely fantastic, who else is with me on this ... 😂

Sir,

Your idea of fun is reprehensible and should get you arrested in 21 states.

Seek Professional Help

Signed,

Hapless Bills Fan

• Haha (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I dont know about any arrangement, but there has been speculation that we would/could promote from within and move Ken Dorsey up from QB coach to OC.

That would be the only person currently on staff who I can see as a reasonable candidate for the spot.

There is Rob Borras as well who has been an OC before with the Rams but I 100% agree Dorsey is the most likely candidate. They will want whoever gives them the most continuity with Josh IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

To be fair, I think Daboll has lost a couple lbs.

I had wondered that myself.  I think he tried to slim down.

54 minutes ago, golfball323 said:

Great stuff. Thanks.

If we lose Daboll, do we think that there is an arrangement to keep his system in place with an in house promotion? Or do we go elsewhere?

That’s a great question.  I hope there’s a good succession plan.  I truly think losing Reich and DiFillipo did a lot to regress Carson Wentz.

I think it takes a special type of an OC to coach Josh Allen to his best potential; I sense he’s a bit like the joke about the mule trained with loving kindness: if he respects and loves you, he’ll try his utmost to do what you ask, but first you gotta get his attention and build that trust you believe in him.

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If Daboll leaves, i see them calling Mike Shula.  Carolina Connection, Erhardt-Perkins system guy, and did a lot for Newton early in his career. He's currently a QB coach so it'd be a promotion.  He's a former coordinator, and he's not going to a new coaches staff where there's more pressure to put your stamp on it.

Edited by dneveu

Lynn should have been fired the second he suggested Tyrod would return as the starting quarterback when his lung healed.  I’m sure Herbert wouldn’t lose any sleep over having to learn a new system if it means he doesn’t have to deal with the likes of Tony Lynn any more.

I can’t see Pederson being in serious trouble, unless there’s something personal between him and Lurie, which is possible.  The Super Bowl shine takes a long time to fade away, and I don’t think it’s fair to blame him for Wentz’s collapse.  He’d probably get a new HC gig immediately.

5 minutes ago, dneveu said:

If Daboll leaves, i see them calling Mike Shula.  Carolina Connection, Erhardt-Perkins system guy, and did a lot for Newton early in his career. He's currently a QB coach so it'd be a promotion.  He's a former coordinator, and he's not going to a new coaches staff where there's more pressure to put your stamp on it.

Hmm, I think I'd rather have Dorsey. But that's just ignorant fan preference.

I think Joe Brady is going to be a hot name, riding the LSU Natty heat and acclimated well as a NFL OC with Carolina.

I can understand your reasoning for the college guys, but I think Matt Campbell has a chance to land one of the jobs.  Pat Fitzgerald may be an interesting name for the Bears too.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

There is Rob Borras as well who has been an OC before with the Rams but I 100% agree Dorsey is the most likely candidate. They will want whoever gives them the most continuity with Josh IMO. 

No.  No NO no NOOOOOOOO even suggesting that should force you to turn in your “Knowledgeable Fan” card.  Drop and give me 20.  Never EVER touch that part of the doggie again.

Just think about it for a minute.  As OC, the man managed to make Case Keenum and Nick Foles then Case Keenum and Jared Goff look totally incompetent.  Not that the first two are great QB, but they can both give you quality play in the right system.  The following year Keenum and Foles were contending for the NFC Championship, Foles won the Super Bowl.  The following year Goff looked great and the Rams went to the Super Bowl.

That’s just too much smoke for there not to be a smoldering fire of epic “way out of his depth as OC” there.  

Even look at our Bills TE room - penalties, undisciplined play, Knox and Kroft have both underperformed expectations, is that a good resume for promotion?  Not if McDermott wants to be taken seriously on the “performance earns opportunities” front.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Dude...it's a shopping cart.

Please don't tell me you call the remote the clicker.

Most joking, never called a shopping cart a buggy.  However, I will admit there have been times in my life where I called the remote a clicker.  Probably not in the last twenty years though.

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

.I can’t see Pederson being in serious trouble, unless there’s something personal between him and Lurie, which is possible.  The Super Bowl shine takes a long time to fade away, and I don’t think it’s fair to blame him for Wentz’s collapse.  He’d probably get a new HC gig immediately.

Keep in mind that Pederson decided to claim the OC role for himself this year.  To whom much responsibility and authority is given, Much is expected.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Keep in mind that Pederson decided to claim the OC role for himself this year.  To whom much responsibility and authority is given, Much is expected.

He's had the OC role the entire time in Philly.

When they show clips of the Super Bowl, Foles isnt consulting Reich on what play they are going to run. He only talks to Pederson.

When they decided to run the famous trick play, that was all Pederson's idea. Reich wasn't even in that conversation.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

True, and Pederson seems to have attended the Doug Marrone Charm School, so it’s not inconceivable that he’s rubbed some people the wrong way in that building...