The Bills segment on “Inside the NFL” tonight looks interesting...

BillsFan4

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

One of my biggest Playoff concerns was McDermott being able to match the bully mentality of the Titans, should we rematch them again...

Clips like this go a long way in alleviating that concern. 

Anyone worried about McDermott being soft, weak, cautious, etc, hasn’t listened to the man speak or attempted to understand the personality he projects through his press conferences.

That is a fiery, competitive Relentless scrapper who wants to be the best at all he does. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, CSBill said:

Love the conversation with the refs, they are human after all. McD give the necessary correction, but leaves with a strong affirmation. That’s good coaching and parenting. 

This will be fun to watch. 

And I like that Josh answered with "Yes sir", and I love  the grin on Barkley's face.

Actually, just watched the whole segment - I can't believe the guff that McD gets on this board, that guy is awesome! :beer:

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Heitz said:

And I like that Josh answered with "Yes sir", and I love  the grin on Barkley's face.

Actually, just watched the whole segment - I can't believe the guff that McD gets on this board, that guy is awesome! :beer:

josh was like a scolded puppy, you could tell he felt bad about it. Which is funny given he just scored a big TD.

Man that kid gets so amped. Completely outran a guy with probably a .3 second better 40 to the pylon. 

Barkley smirking like a sibling does when the other gets in trouble... 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

josh was like a scolded puppy, you could tell he felt bad about it. Which is funny given he just scored a big TD.

Man that kid gets so amped. Completely outran a guy with probably a .3 second better 40 to the pylon. 

Barkley smirking like a sibling does when the other gets in trouble... 

I see evidence in that clip that Barkley pulled his mask down and then back up at the end without saying anything.  It's possible that he knew he was on camera and just wanted the world to know just how amused he was.  If so, I find that quite amusing.

• Like (+1) 1

Couple cool things here: 

1. McD to the refs- "He is a good kid". I read this as trying to get future calls for his QQ whether it is roughing the passer or PI. Make sure the refs don't think he is a punk so he gets the calls. Bates the refs into complimenting JA. I was impressed and I can be critical. 

2. Talking to Josh- "I am only coming over here to remind you that if you do it again you are out of the game" and "I like the swagger"- It is like your dad picks you up from school after getting in a fight.  Dad looks mad at you for fighting while the teachers are around, then the car door shuts, smiles, and he says "I don't want to have to do this again. What's the other guy look like look like?"

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

Disqualify a player over something like spinning a ball? I get a couple of vicious late hits with intent to injure, but seriously?

That was my reaction too.  I can see disqualification over slugging a guy or a late hit - but spinning a football?

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

With a sprained MCL and a brace on his leg.  The way he cut....my leg hurt watching.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, MJS said:

I kind of doubt that Allen even tried to taunt him. He just happened to be standing right there, I think. But who knows...

I suspect that as well. Regardless, a fun idea with the mics.

I wish we could get more of this kind of stuff. Just think if there was a network that broadcast only mic'd up games, one or two a week. I think it would sell with the fans.

12 hours ago, MJS said:

I kind of doubt that Allen even tried to taunt him. He just happened to be standing right there, I think. But who knows...

Oh, no.  Allen went after Davis, no question.  He gets up, pays no mind to Knox who is coming up to congratulate him, turns back to look right at Davis, spins it right at his feet then looks at him again and says something.  Whatever he said, his teammates felt the need to have his back for it; Knox and Winters both stand back a moment watchful, as if they're silently saying "don't ***** with our boy, we'll break you" instead of running right up joyful like they usually do.

I think Davis may have been playing rough or borderline dirty with our WR - Allen denied it but I think something was up.

image.thumb.png.0f8e2c4054fb550d0f69983340086515.png

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 hours ago, SCBills said:

One of my biggest Playoff concerns was McDermott being able to match the bully mentality of the Titans, should we rematch them again...

Clips like this go a long way in alleviating that concern. 

Sean knows what he is doing. We are in good hands.

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, no.  Allen went after Davis, no question.  He gets up, pays no mind to Knox who is coming up to congratulate him, turns back to look right at Davis, spins it right at his feet then looks at him again and says something.  Whatever he said, his teammates felt the need to have his back for it; Knox and Winters both stand back a moment watchful, as if they're silently saying "don't ***** with our boy, we'll break you" instead of running right up joyful like they usually do.

I think Davis may have been playing rough or borderline dirty with our WR - Allen denied it but I think something was up.

image.thumb.png.0f8e2c4054fb550d0f69983340086515.png

It was definitely intentional - not sure the reason or if there was a reason, but he knew he was there and was spinning right at him for a purpose.

I don’t know that it means anything more that just a F you - you guys are not stopping me or if something else was going on.

17 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

I feel like if they ever had Dick Jauron mic'd up when he was here that anytime we did something bad he would go up to the players and say "it's ok, don't worry about it. It's tough to win in this league" lol

Dick Jauron on miked up....made be an insomniac cure

We have a thread on two pages now discussing one of the most benign "taunting" i have ever seen in a football game.  You can hear the refs, they are not exactly outraged with Allen's behavior.