Sean McDermott Mic'd Up Chargers Game

Mark Vader

1 hour ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

That was a great watch, I never realized how animated he is on the sidelines. Thought it was great his excitement for a catch by Gabriel and how he was talking to Morse as well as the defense coming off the field. I can see why the players love playing for him!! Glad we have him on our sideline!!

But are you depressed?

thanks for sharing, these little pearls always make me stop and listen in esp when someone says something interesting or funny...such as its Hyde that comes over to talk to the coach during timeouts rather than Edmunds ?

I wish they would show some of the reactions when things dont go well, the questionable ref calls, the reaction when a pick or fumble happen and not just the happy-clappy plays

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Anybody notice they caught him talking up Hyde a few times. Curious if Edmunds elevated play is that Hyde is calling the defense now and that leaves Edmunds to just play fast. If so, it is a good move. 

I commented on this up-thread. 

No, Tre Edmunds is still wearing the "green dot" helmet and lining up the D. 

I think he's playing faster because he's not in so much pain and he had a "tune up" to his technique.  Klein may also be helping - it was commented somewhere that the players are calling him "Coach Klein" because he's observing stuff and yelling it out.

You really wouldn't want a FS calling the D and getting everyone lined up, too far back off the line for good communication

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I commented on this up-thread. 

No, Tre Edmunds is still wearing the "green dot" helmet and lining up the D. 

I think he's playing faster because he's not in so much pain and he had a "tune up" to his technique.  Klein may also be helping - it was commented somewhere that the players are calling him "Coach Klein" because he's observing stuff and yelling it out.

You really wouldn't want a FS calling the D and getting everyone lined up, too far back off the line for good communication

Good catch on the green dot. I wonder who has the backup receiver? Could be Hyde. Could be Klein as well. Edmunds, Poyer, and Hyde all played 100% of snaps this week. 

Doesn't matter anyways other than it seems clear McD is leaning heavily on Hyde for defensive leadership which is cool to see. 

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Bosa mic'ed up too. Defenders gotta RESPECT!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIRoGpSACmu/

Dr. D.  - You should start a new thread with this. 

This clip gives a very interesting insight into how unusual Allen is.  We keep hearing about his size and all, but this is an actual opponent giving a spontaneous explanation.  You can tell that Allen's size and power is in his head, and that means it's in the head of every defender, every week.  They know Allen's coming at them, just like they know Lamar Jackson or Kyler Murray are coming at them in a different way.  I think back to the play against the Rams when Aaron Donald pretty much couldn't tackle Allen.  

Bosa's telling us that Josh is a special weapon.  

• Like (+1) 3

48 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

This clip gives a very interesting insight into how unusual Allen is.  We keep hearing about his size and all, but this is an actual opponent giving a spontaneous explanation.  You can tell that Allen's size and power is in his head, and that means it's in the head of every defender, every week.  They know Allen's coming at them, just like they know Lamar Jackson or Kyler Murray are coming at them in a different way.  I think back to the play against the Rams when Aaron Donald pretty much couldn't tackle Allen.  

I enjoyed how the Oline basically iced Bosa and ignored his explanations. 

Sounds like me on game days lol

I love it 

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

Yup!

You can at least replicate Lamar or Kyler somewhat in practice with a WR or DB but how do u plan for a 250 pound QB that can out run you, out power you and throw darts anywhere on the field? Gotta be brutal for a DC