Sean McDermott Mic'd Up Chargers Game

Mark Vader

That was a great watch, I never realized how animated he is on the sidelines. Thought it was great his excitement for a catch by Gabriel and how he was talking to Morse as well as the defense coming off the field. I can see why the players love playing for him!! Glad we have him on our sideline!!

• Like (+1) 12

6 minutes ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

That was a great watch, I never realized how animated he is on the sidelines. Thought it was great his excitement for a catch by Gabriel and how he was talking to Morse as well as the defense coming off the field. I can see why the players love playing for him!! Glad we have him on our sideline!!

Exactly what I thought!

Couple things that struck me:

1) the communication/instructions to Micah Hyde at several instances "tell everyone....".  I hadn't realized how much McDermott relies upon Hyde as a leader/communicator.  The Defensive Captains are Poyer, Hughes, and Edmunds.  What's in a name?  (~0:93 and ~3:50)

2) the specific cheering for/pumping up the O-Line at a number of points.  Editing aside, kind of sheds light on what position group is most concerning to McD at the moment.

3) little sad vignette Bease on the sidelines during an offensive series looking like someone stole his puppy.  IMO we should see more Bease, less Davis, but that's just me.

4) little funny vignette: at one point McD is running down the sideline and the down marker and chain nearly takes him out 😂 (~4:17)

• Like (+1) 5

19 minutes ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

Yes, it was great to see just how energetic he actually is.

I wish the video had a Picture-In-Picture, like they did with the Zack Moss Mic'd Up video, so we could see which plays were happening.

Edited by Mark Vader

11 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Ok can someone explain what is happening here? This guy is sniffing the water bottle? Who is it and what is he doing 2:17 in the video

da fuq.png

hahaha, interesting catch. it is Ike Boetteger, and watching the video it looks like he is chewing on the nozzle of the water bottle. Which HAS to be against COVID protocols 🤣

1 hour ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

That's his greatest strength. His players absolutely love him.

• Like (+1) 1