Why @TonyRomo likes Buffalo as a dark horse contender to make a run in the playoffs:

27 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Titans are just a better team and potentially do everything well, IMO.

Any given Sunday but I'm pretty confident Bills would lose that game again. 

Why did the Titans lose to the lowly Bengals by double digits? They also got killed by the Colts earlier in the year.

I just feel like all these AFC playoff teams are roughly equal except for the Chiefs. Any of them could beat each other. The Bills could lose or beat any of them. Now, if the Dolphins or Raiders get in I think they are clearly a step below the others. But the Ravens, Bills, Titans, and Colts are all on the same level (maybe the Steelers too... we'll see). Even the Browns could lose to or beat any of these teams depending on how things go any given week.

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Titans are just a better team and potentially do everything well, IMO.

Any given Sunday but I'm pretty confident Bills would lose that game again. 

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

That is your opinion.  We've grown accustom to it.

** That game had the Titans on 2 weeks rest for Covid,

the Bills FO trying to work a game plan for both Tenny and KC

and Josh fresh off the shoulder injury from the Raiders game.

The Defense is playing better and Josh isn't hindered with an injury and a shoulder brace and we have a semblance of a run game. 

I am pretty confident Bills would WIN another game.

Josh Allen or Ryan Tannelhill (who I like) .... there is not a choice here.  Josh Allen all day long.

The Bills with a BYE the Titans with a BYE 6 weeks ago. You can make it 11 weeks come playoff time. 

This is why we play the games! The first matchup started horribly with a quick INT off the WR to start the game and fall behind. I think good teams can overcome that, obviously, but somehow it felt to me like that set the tone early. AND we were at a disadvantage not knowing WHEN or WHO we would play. It’s just a crazy year and I pray it finished pretty much on schedule. 

I don’t know that the Titans are a better team (in my opinion they are not), but their pounding run game is a very bad matchup for us, IMO. 

Let’s hope the defense keeps improving and we finish the year on a roll, like the Titans did last year. Peak when it matters most! . 

3 hours ago, MJS said:

Why did the Titans lose to the lowly Bengals by double digits? They also got killed by the Colts earlier in the year.

I just feel like all these AFC playoff teams are roughly equal except for the Chiefs. Any of them could beat each other. The Bills could lose or beat any of them. Now, if the Dolphins or Raiders get in I think they are clearly a step below the others. But the Ravens, Bills, Titans, and Colts are all on the same level (maybe the Steelers too... we'll see). Even the Browns could lose to or beat any of these teams depending on how things go any given week.

The Chiefs for beat and nearly beat again by the Raiders that got BLOWN out by the Falcons!!!

Parity is some semblance. 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

I like to think that the defense was so bad early in the season because edmunds was playing historically awful due to playing through an injury and aj klein not knowing the scheme well yet but that might be wishful thinking 🤣 i think we should see some substantial improvement going forward

The titans game felt like we sold out to stop Derrick Henry and thought we could get away with some single coverage on receivers and the gameplan very much did not work especially in the red zone. I dont want to say its good that we lost to them earlier in the season but I think a rematch helps us more than it helps them.  Losing the turnover battle 3-0 really hurt us in that one the yardage totals didn't really scream blowout.  And if im remembering correctly we had one of those 'our receiver tipped a catchable ball in the air' type interceptions early in the game.  

If we end up playing the chiefs were gonna have to force some turnovers...that is one of the best football teams in recent memory. 

While surfing today, I found a thread of Patsie fans with dreams of a KC--Pats matchup for the division title.

Kubler-Ross describe five stages of grief:

• Denial – The first reaction is denial. In this stage, individuals believe the diagnosis is somehow mistaken, and cling to a false, preferable reality.
  • Anger
  • Bargaining
  • Depression
  • Acceptance

Poor SOBs are locked in the denial phase.

• Haha (+1) 3

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Luck certainly is a part. Hopefully any team we don't matchup with gets knocked out before we play them.

Right, but that's the Titans, Browns, Steelers, Ravens, Patriots and honestly the Colts. Realistically in round 1 you're looking at titans, colts, browns, ravens, raiders, patriots or dolphins. Of that list most people would probably pick the Raiders or Dolphins. The Raiders beat KC once and gave them a helluva game the second time. If it's the Dolphins you'd be looking at playing them for a third time and in back to back weeks which is less than ideal.

The next two would probably be the Patriots and Browns and I'm not interested in playing the Patriots a third time given our struggles with them including this year. I know we won the game, but if you weren't worried at the end of that game you are lying and they can shut down an offense with the best of them. Do you want a close game against BB in January? No thank you, they can go beat someone else. The Browns will be a difficult matchup for us based on their running game and Myles Garrett. Mayfield is a liability for them but if we can't stop Chubb and Hunt it won't matter.

The next two for me are the colts and ravens. The colts are well coached, have a variety of running backs and a good defense. Rivers isn't great and he can be a turnover machine at times but again, they want to run it and play off that. I also have a tremendous amount of respect for Frank Reich to put together a gameplan. The ravens have lost their mojo a little bit and I might be overrating them a little but they WILL run the ball and they WILL be physical on D.

I want no part of Tennessee. They do everything that we struggle to stop. They run the ball downhill with a big physical back, they play action pass to the tight end and work the middle of the field with WRs, and they have a QB who can escape and run bit also RPO if you key too hard on Henry. Again, someone else can enjoy them in the opening round.

12 minutes ago, boater said:

While surfing today, I found a thread of Patsie fans with dreams of a KC--Pats matchup for the division title.

Kubler-Ross describe five stages of grief:

• Denial – The first reaction is denial. In this stage, individuals believe the diagnosis is somehow mistaken, and cling to a false, preferable reality.
  • Anger
  • Bargaining
  • Depression
  • Acceptance

Poor SOBs are locked in the denial phase.

I don't think they get in the division race but they are def in WC situation.

28 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Right, but that's the Titans, Browns, Steelers, Ravens, Patriots and honestly the Colts. Realistically in round 1 you're looking at titans, colts, browns, ravens, raiders, patriots or dolphins. Of that list most people would probably pick the Raiders or Dolphins. The Raiders beat KC once and gave them a helluva game the second time. If it's the Dolphins you'd be looking at playing them for a third time and in back to back weeks which is less than ideal.

The next two would probably be the Patriots and Browns and I'm not interested in playing the Patriots a third time given our struggles with them including this year. I know we won the game, but if you weren't worried at the end of that game you are lying and they can shut down an offense with the best of them. Do you want a close game against BB in January? No thank you, they can go beat someone else. The Browns will be a difficult matchup for us based on their running game and Myles Garrett. Mayfield is a liability for them but if we can't stop Chubb and Hunt it won't matter.

The next two for me are the colts and ravens. The colts are well coached, have a variety of running backs and a good defense. Rivers isn't great and he can be a turnover machine at times but again, they want to run it and play off that. I also have a tremendous amount of respect for Frank Reich to put together a gameplan. The ravens have lost their mojo a little bit and I might be overrating them a little but they WILL run the ball and they WILL be physical on D.

I want no part of Tennessee. They do everything that we struggle to stop. They run the ball downhill with a big physical back, they play action pass to the tight end and work the middle of the field with WRs, and they have a QB who can escape and run bit also RPO if you key too hard on Henry. Again, someone else can enjoy them in the opening round.

I don't think they get in the division race but they are def in WC situation.

The Dolphins are making the playoffs, not the Patriots. As for the rest of the teams you have the Bills losing to, I think you're basing it on an inability to stop the run, which I think we've gotten better at.

8 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Dark Horse Contender?

To make it or make it deep into the playoffs? 

"Tony Romo was a guest on The Bill Simmons Podcast late last week and talked about who he thought could be a dark horse contender make a Super Bowl run.

"To me, the Cardinals, and Buffalo would be the two dark horse teams,""

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"Tony Romo was a guest on The Bill Simmons Podcast late last week and talked about who he thought could be a dark horse contender make a Super Bowl run.

"To me, the Cardinals, and Buffalo would be the two dark horse teams,""

that’s my thought Dark Horse for the SB.  

9 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

While the Ravens are struggling now, they strike me as a team that will really turn it on come playoff time.

That and they've physically slapped the McD Bills offense around a couple times and are liable to be very confident in their chances of doing it again.

I am still pissed at Matt Judon for the cheap shots on Allen in that Peterman-inspired opening day debacle in 2018........definitely prefer to avoid them in WC round but whoever it is they have to win a game or 4 in the playoffs this year.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

That is your opinion.  We've grown accustom to it.

** That game had the Titans on 2 weeks rest for Covid,

the Bills FO trying to work a game plan for both Tenny and KC

and Josh fresh off the shoulder injury from the Raiders game.

The Defense is playing better and Josh isn't hindered with an injury and a shoulder brace and we have a semblance of a run game. 

I am pretty confident Bills would WIN another game.

Josh Allen or Ryan Tannelhill (who I like) .... there is not a choice here.  Josh Allen all day long.

The Bills with a BYE the Titans with a BYE 6 weeks ago. You can make it 11 weeks come playoff time. 

this is all nice but at the end of the day the titans are a much better team than us 

And even if you don’t like him Tannehill is playing great football. Titans run down your throat and don’t turn the ball over and are physical on defense, basically our worst nightmare. 

we match up better with teams like the raiders, dolphins, maybe even Pittsburg  

8 hours ago, Process said:

The bills are the 3rd best team in the conference. Unless you are taking the position that any team in the league other than the chiefs are a dark horse candidate, then it's ridiculous to call the bills that. 

That would be a fine position to take imo given how dominate they are, but I don't think that's what's going on here. 

3rd behind who exactly? 

I got Chiefs, Steelers, Titans ahead of us maybe even the ravens 

8 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

this is all nice but at the end of the day the titans are a much better team than us 

And even if you don’t like him Tannehill is playing great football. Titans run down your throat and don’t turn the ball over and are physical on defense, basically our worst nightmare. 

we match up better with teams like the raiders, dolphins, maybe even Pittsburg  

Your opinion is yours 

but you made a bad assumption. 

I have said I like Tannehill. BUT I’ll take this Josh over Ryan any day. 

The matchup rationale is such a farce. 

every game is different. 
what happens one week could be the complete opposite the next. 

Oooh the big bad running back. Lets just forfeit