Why @TonyRomo likes Buffalo as a dark horse contender to make a run in the playoffs:

Back when the defense had the backbone of a wet sponge and the running game was a pale, lifeless corpse, I had little hope for a playoff run.

But the defense is stiffening up.  And the running game wasn't quite dead - just severely ill and maybe in recovery now.  

I won't say I'm optimistic but I am starting to fantasize about a fun January.  

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

We don't match up well with most of the teams in the playoffs picture. I consider a poor matchup to be a team that wants to be physical and run the ball and can also pressure the QB.

Luck certainly is a part. Hopefully any team we don't matchup with gets knocked out before we play them.

27 minutes ago, Logic said:

If the Bills win the AFC East and wind up as, say, the third seed....I don't know how you can call them a "Dark Horse". 

Typically, a "Dark Horse" would be someone NO ONE expects to win any playoff games. I'd look to one of the three Wild Card teams. Teams like the Dolphins, Colts, Browns. But hey, I'm just a fool on a message board.

They probably are a dark horse for the Super Bowl as of now. All of the "experts" expect a PIT/KC AFC championship game. If the Bills can beat Pitt then maybe that will convince a lot of the naysayers. Although Pit will be playing their 3rd game in 11 days so the Bills probably won't get any credit for beating them as that will be the media's excuse.

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Gugny said:

How did you quote something teef said an hour ago in a thread that hasn't even existed 30 minutes?

He’s using some of that Fitzy black magic! 

I like the way Tony tells us what’s going to happen before it happens. I pray this is one more example!   :)

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, H2o said:

I believe the thinking is that even if we win the division we aren't expected to hang with the Titans, Steelers, and Chiefs of the world. We play the Steelers in a couple of weeks so that narrative might change, but as of now we are not viewed at that level. 

I don't know who i can see beating the chiefs when they're rolling.  Raiders beat them with deep balls and timely pick that gave them the ball at the 2.  So.. brown being healthy is super important for that one.  

Titans have a poor 3rd down defense.  The blowout was largely attributed to turnovers and poor special teams.  If roberts doesn't give them a short field on the first drive, or if allen doesn't throw a pick, 40 yard punt return.  The roberts fumble in the end just lead to a larger margin of defeat but those 3 were key.  Drives of 16, 30, 12, and 18 yards resulted in touchdowns.  76 yards got them 28 points.  I think this team would LOVE a rematch.

Pittsburgh - we'll find out in a few weeks.

• Like (+1) 1

The bills are the 3rd best team in the conference. Unless you are taking the position that any team in the league other than the chiefs are a dark horse candidate, then it's ridiculous to call the bills that. 

That would be a fine position to take imo given how dominate they are, but I don't think that's what's going on here. 

43 minutes ago, H2o said:

I believe the thinking is that even if we win the division we aren't expected to hang with the Titans, Steelers, and Chiefs of the world. We play the Steelers in a couple of weeks so that narrative might change, but as of now we are not viewed at that level. 

Really looking forward to that Steelers game.

14 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Titans have a poor 3rd down defense.  The blowout was largely attributed to turnovers and poor special teams.  If roberts doesn't give them a short field on the first drive, or if allen doesn't throw a pick, 40 yard punt return.  The roberts fumble in the end just lead to a larger margin of defeat but those 3 were key.  Drives of 16, 30, 12, and 18 yards resulted in touchdowns.  76 yards got them 28 points.  I think this team would LOVE a rematch.

Agreed, but it was also just really poor timing. I think Tre White missed that game, plus Wallace was out, so we had Norman as our starting corner. Plus the Titans had been ragged on all week and had an "us against the world" mentality to really motivate them. And the uncertainty of whether or not the game would be played on top of that.

I want to see a rematch of that game with more normal circumstances.

27 minutes ago, Process said:

The bills are the 3rd best team in the conference. Unless you are taking the position that any team in the league other than the chiefs are a dark horse candidate, then it's ridiculous to call the bills that. 

That would be a fine position to take imo given how dominate they are, but I don't think that's what's going on here. 

Technically we are the 4th best team in the conference, since the Titans hold the tiebreaker against us. Your point is valid, though.

18 minutes ago, MJS said:

Really looking forward to that Steelers game.

Agreed, but it was also just really poor timing. I think Tre White missed that game, plus Wallace was out, so we had Norman as our starting corner. Plus the Titans had been ragged on all week and had an "us against the world" mentality to really motivate them. And the uncertainty of whether or not the game would be played on top of that.

I want to see a rematch of that game with more normal circumstances.

Yeah - tre and wallace would help consierably with their receivers.  Feliciano was still out.  Milano didn't play.  John Brown was out.  Players who played were banged up too in Ford, Edmunds, and Norman (came off IR and immediately started).  

14 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Technically we are the 4th best team in the conference, since the Titans hold the tiebreaker against us. Your point is valid, though.

Technically my 🐎 ;)  ;)  

:lol:

Technically --- I prefer this 

Buffalo 4-0-0 in the Div, 6-2-0 in the Conference

Tenny   3-1-0 in the Div, 6-3-0 in the Conference

5 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Why does the color of a stupid horse impress everyone?

I guess you never played 3D chess.  

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

28 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Titans are just a better team and potentially do everything well, IMO.

Any given Sunday but I'm pretty confident Bills would lose that game again

That is your opinion.  We've grown accustom to it.

** That game had the Titans on 2 weeks rest for Covid,

the Bills FO trying to work a game plan for both Tenny and KC

and Josh fresh off the shoulder injury from the Raiders game.

The Defense is playing better and Josh isn't hindered with an injury and a shoulder brace and we have a semblance of a run game. 

I am pretty confident Bills would WIN another game.

Josh Allen or Ryan Tannelhill (who I like) .... there is not a choice here.  Josh Allen all day long.

The Bills with a BYE the Titans with a BYE 6 weeks ago. You can make it 11 weeks come playoff time. 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

33 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Technically my 🐎 ;)  ;)  

:lol:

Technically --- I prefer this 

Buffalo 4-0-0 in the Div, 6-2-0 in the Conference

Tenny   3-1-0 in the Div, 6-3-0 in the Conference

I guess you never played 3D chess.  

I didn't say the season was over. :D

• Like (+1) 1