National Attention: You Got It, Now Pressure Is On Us

Like A Mofo

8 hours ago, Like A Mofo said:

For many years since I have been a member of this awesome message board (and can we give thanks to our leader SDS and the Mods, I have moments where I can say something I regret and I am thankful they make this a great place to come discuss our Buffalo Bills), many fans have complained, ranted and also, whined about the lack of national attention that the Buffalo Bills have received or receive. And looking back, can you blame them? From the likes Of JP Losman to Kelly Holcumb to Richard Jauron to Rex Ryan, the Bills were just a franchise that deep down inside, we and most people knew, were not one to deserve such accolades as they were stumbling around in mediocrity at best for 17 years.

For many years, we have tried to tell our friends who are Steelers, Pats*, Giants, 49ers, Packers, and countless other fans to give the Buffalo Bills some love and attention, and most of those fans just turned the other way and ignored. For years we have yearned for the talking heads like Colin Cowherd and Dan Patrick to 'give our team attention' and they would always turn towards their beloved fruit, Tom Brady, instead.

Well now here we are in 2020 and the Buffalo Bills have 4....count them....4 NATIONAL PRIMETIME games left this year (2 MNF, 1 SNF and a Saturday Night Football Special)

Now the pendulum swings back squarely on US, fellow Buffalo Bills fans, Bills Mafia. The nation WILL be watching. Most know about the ascension of Josh Allen. Most know that the Buffalo Bills have now made the playoffs twice in 3 seasons. Most know we are 8-3 and atop the AFC East. And yet, there are still doubters, even within our own fan base.

The average football fan will watch with an open mind, perhaps ready to embrace Josh Allen, Stefon Diggs, Sean McDermott and the franchise as a whole.

You wanted the attention? You Got it. A big time heaping tablespoon full. Just be ready for that attention, positive or negative.

GO BILLS!

to be fair 2 playoff appearances isn’t some major accomplishment from an outside perspective. especially when the last was a melt down that was mocked. 

it is what it’s always been. Play well and the media will love us. They have always been eager to celebrate our successes. Often quicker than they should. We will see how December goes. Looks to be promising. 

5 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Thought I’d stop in and say this thread doesn’t apply to me. I only like 1pm games. 

they are so much more enjoyable.

8 hours ago, Like A Mofo said:

For many years since I have been a member of this awesome message board (and can we give thanks to our leader SDS and the Mods, I have moments where I can say something I regret and I am thankful they make this a great place to come discuss our Buffalo Bills), many fans have complained, ranted and also, whined about the lack of national attention that the Buffalo Bills have received or receive. And looking back, can you blame them? From the likes Of JP Losman to Kelly Holcumb to Richard Jauron to Rex Ryan, the Bills were just a franchise that deep down inside, we and most people knew, were not one to deserve such accolades as they were stumbling around in mediocrity at best for 17 years.

For many years, we have tried to tell our friends who are Steelers, Pats*, Giants, 49ers, Packers, and countless other fans to give the Buffalo Bills some love and attention, and most of those fans just turned the other way and ignored. For years we have yearned for the talking heads like Colin Cowherd and Dan Patrick to 'give our team attention' and they would always turn towards their beloved fruit, Tom Brady, instead.

Well now here we are in 2020 and the Buffalo Bills have 4....count them....4 NATIONAL PRIMETIME games left this year (2 MNF, 1 SNF and a Saturday Night Football Special)

Now the pendulum swings back squarely on US, fellow Buffalo Bills fans, Bills Mafia. The nation WILL be watching. Most know about the ascension of Josh Allen. Most know that the Buffalo Bills have now made the playoffs twice in 3 seasons. Most know we are 8-3 and atop the AFC East. And yet, there are still doubters, even within our own fan base.

The average football fan will watch with an open mind, perhaps ready to embrace Josh Allen, Stefon Diggs, Sean McDermott and the franchise as a whole.

You wanted the attention? You Got it. A big time heaping tablespoon full. Just be ready for that attention, positive or negative.

GO BILLS!

Yep, 2020. Nothing like this year!    🤷‍♂️

I’ve never been a big New Year guy.........until THIS year! 

EDIT: I’m used to and love the routine of a Sunday game at 1:00, but I can adapt. The price of winning, I guess, and I’m happily willing to pay it! 

Edited by Augie

Crazy, with the phins game, if it matters (hopefully we got it wrapped by then) it could be ALL our remaining games. Cheer for that long-suffering fellow fans!
It does feel nice, I think our boys are gonna deliver. They might lose 1 or 2 close ones, but I think this team is done getting blown out, they've turned a corner and are ramping up for post-season.

9 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Is that a Dot Matrix printer?  

A what? ;)

Seriously though, I used to think the monochromatic orange font against the black screen background in my monitor was so cool when I was just starting to get into computers and got my own hand me down in the very early 90's--and that was already after I'd been using a Commodore 64 at school, hooked up to what was basically a TV unit acting as a monitor for it. 

• Haha (+1) 1