National Attention: You Got It, Now Pressure Is On Us

Like A Mofo

They belong in the spotlight, but I am concerned it is rougher than it looks.  I am a little concerned we go 1-3 in the 4 national tv games.  

San Francisco is a good team playing for their lives.

Pittsburgh is likely going to be 12-0 and we are playing on short rest and coming back from across the country.

Denver is not an easy place to play due to the mile high atmosphere.  The Dolphins found that out.

New England on the road is not a friendly place to Buffalo.

Miami, especially if Fitz is starting, has a real shot if Fitz has an A game and their defense plays well.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/1/2020 at 11:05 AM, Like A Mofo said:

For many years since I have been a member of this awesome message board (and can we give thanks to our leader SDS and the Mods, I have moments where I can say something I regret and I am thankful they make this a great place to come discuss our Buffalo Bills), many fans have complained, ranted and also, whined about the lack of national attention that the Buffalo Bills have received or receive. And looking back, can you blame them? From the likes Of JP Losman to Kelly Holcumb to Richard Jauron to Rex Ryan, the Bills were just a franchise that deep down inside, we and most people knew, were not one to deserve such accolades as they were stumbling around in mediocrity at best for 17 years.

For many years, we have tried to tell our friends who are Steelers, Pats*, Giants, 49ers, Packers, and countless other fans to give the Buffalo Bills some love and attention, and most of those fans just turned the other way and ignored. For years we have yearned for the talking heads like Colin Cowherd and Dan Patrick to 'give our team attention' and they would always turn towards their beloved fruit, Tom Brady, instead.

Well now here we are in 2020 and the Buffalo Bills have 4....count them....4 NATIONAL PRIMETIME games left this year (2 MNF, 1 SNF and a Saturday Night Football Special)

Now the pendulum swings back squarely on US, fellow Buffalo Bills fans, Bills Mafia. The nation WILL be watching. Most know about the ascension of Josh Allen. Most know that the Buffalo Bills have now made the playoffs twice in 3 seasons. Most know we are 8-3 and atop the AFC East. And yet, there are still doubters, even within our own fan base.

The average football fan will watch with an open mind, perhaps ready to embrace Josh Allen, Stefon Diggs, Sean McDermott and the franchise as a whole.

You wanted the attention? You Got it. A big time heaping tablespoon full. Just be ready for that attention, positive or negative.

GO BILLS!

When Mofo posted this, way back when, I thought it to be an insightful caution light. As Bills fans, we know our history too well and carry the scar tissue to prove it. I still think this is a great post and want to resurrect it in celebration. Our beloved Bills have not just succeeded in the bright NFL prime time spotlight, we have dominated in a most entertaining way.

Remember the anxiety. Remember the fears of failure. Today is a great day for Buffalo and all Bills fans. The painful memories only make today's excitement all the more fun. 

I have been a fan since 1970. I remember it all and truly believe we are Super Bowl Caliber. Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

On 12/29/2020 at 9:16 AM, RochesterLifer said:

When Mofo posted this, way back when, I thought it to be an insightful caution light. As Bills fans, we know our history too well and carry the scar tissue to prove it. I still think this is a great post and want to resurrect it in celebration. Our beloved Bills have not just succeeded in the bright NFL prime time spotlight, we have dominated in a most entertaining way.

Remember the anxiety. Remember the fears of failure. Today is a great day for Buffalo and all Bills fans. The painful memories only make today's excitement all the more fun. 

I have been a fan since 1970. I remember it all and truly believe we are Super Bowl Caliber. Go Bills.

Thank you for that and the compliments. Isn't it amazing that the Bills have passed this test with FLYING colors?

And the compliments are coming from all other fan bases and that is truly the measuring stick to know your team has become special.

Win or lose in the playoffs, this has been a special season, and this franchise is set for the next few years and I am glad that all of you will enjoy this.

GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 1

I like that we are kicking azs and taking names, and we are no longer an after thought, it’s great, but 1:00pm Sunday is when football games are to be played. 

Go Bills!!!

They seem to thrive on it now, as 4 straight beatdowns on national TV should suggest.

On 12/2/2020 at 1:22 PM, BITE ME said:

They belong in the spotlight, but I am concerned it is rougher than it looks.  I am a little concerned we go 1-3 in the 4 national tv games.  

Pittsburgh is likely going to be 12-0 and we are playing on short rest and coming back from across the country.

Denver is not an easy place to play due to the mile high atmosphere.  The Dolphins found that out.

Miami, especially if Fitz is starting, has a real shot if Fitz has an A game and their defense plays well.

Your concerns were pretty unfounded.

• Haha (+1) 1

We are going to need more tables ;)

And lighter fluid ;) 

On 12/1/2020 at 2:21 PM, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

They play on a sister channel the Local Market

So if you live in the Buffalo broadcast area you could get the game on local TV

Normally just the local ABC affilliate gets it but this year both games went National on ABC and ESPN.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/2/2020 at 1:22 PM, BITE ME said:

Get the brooms out ;)

Sweep  :)

6 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I wonder how may primetime games we get next year now.

16 nobody wants any other team now ;) 

4 Thursdays 6 Sundays 6 Mondays and a 1pm Home Opener :)

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Get the brooms out ;)

Sweep  :)

16 nobody wants any other team now ;) 

4 Thursdays 6 Sundays 6 Mondays and a 1pm Home Opener :)

And ruin my Sundays forever.  Happy with 2 MNF, a Thursday & one Sunday....  Throw in a few 4:00 pm games if need be, but I like Sunday @ 1:00, especially come November/December. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And ruin my Sundays forever.  Happy with 2 MNF, a Thursday & one Sunday....  Throw in a few 4:00 pm games if need be, but I like Sunday @ 1:00, especially come November/December. 

.Me too for home games when I could attend...no fans...border closed ect  changed that for me.

My boss gave me home game Sundays off when I could go other than that I work every other weekend.

So now its the later the better  for my TV viewing ;)