National Attention: You Got It, Now Pressure Is On Us

Like A Mofo

For many years since I have been a member of this awesome message board (and can we give thanks to our leader SDS and the Mods, I have moments where I can say something I regret and I am thankful they make this a great place to come discuss our Buffalo Bills), many fans have complained, ranted and also, whined about the lack of national attention that the Buffalo Bills have received or receive. And looking back, can you blame them? From the likes Of JP Losman to Kelly Holcumb to Richard Jauron to Rex Ryan, the Bills were just a franchise that deep down inside, we and most people knew, were not one to deserve such accolades as they were stumbling around in mediocrity at best for 17 years.

For many years, we have tried to tell our friends who are Steelers, Pats*, Giants, 49ers, Packers, and countless other fans to give the Buffalo Bills some love and attention, and most of those fans just turned the other way and ignored. For years we have yearned for the talking heads like Colin Cowherd and Dan Patrick to 'give our team attention' and they would always turn towards their beloved fruit, Tom Brady, instead.

Well now here we are in 2020 and the Buffalo Bills have 4....count them....4 NATIONAL PRIMETIME games left this year (2 MNF, 1 SNF and a Saturday Night Football Special)

Now the pendulum swings back squarely on US, fellow Buffalo Bills fans, Bills Mafia. The nation WILL be watching. Most know about the ascension of Josh Allen. Most know that the Buffalo Bills have now made the playoffs twice in 3 seasons. Most know we are 8-3 and atop the AFC East. And yet, there are still doubters, even within our own fan base.

The average football fan will watch with an open mind, perhaps ready to embrace Josh Allen, Stefon Diggs, Sean McDermott and the franchise as a whole.

You wanted the attention? You Got it. A big time heaping tablespoon full. Just be ready for that attention, positive or negative.

GO BILLS!

Edited by Like A Mofo
  • Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Like A Mofo said:

For many years, we have tried to tell our friends who are Steelers, Pats*, Giants, 49ers, Packers, and countless other fans to give the Buffalo Bills some love and attention, and most of those fans just turned the other way and ignored.

Friends do not let friends remain P*ts fans. Do whatever you need to.  Exorcism maybe. Look for deprogramming help.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I for one, would be happy to never, ever see another Buffalo Bills MNF, SNF game.  I like 1p Sunday just fine.  Unless it is a compelling MNF/SNF game, I don't watch.  I dislike TNF immensely.  1p Sunday is the natural biorhythm of Buffalo Bills football.

• Like (+1) 6

1 hour ago, Like A Mofo said:

For many years since I have been a member of this awesome message board (and can we give thanks to our leader SDS and the Mods, I have moments where I can say something I regret and I am thankful they make this a great place to come discuss our Buffalo Bills), many fans have complained, ranted and also, whined about the lack of national attention that the Buffalo Bills have received or receive. And looking back, can you blame them? From the likes Of JP Losman to Kelly Holcumb to Richard Jauron to Rex Ryan, the Bills were just a franchise that deep down inside, we and most people knew, were not one to deserve such accolades as they were stumbling around in mediocrity at best for 17 years.

For many years, we have tried to tell our friends who are Steelers, Pats*, Giants, 49ers, Packers, and countless other fans to give the Buffalo Bills some love and attention, and most of those fans just turned the other way and ignored. For years we have yearned for the talking heads like Colin Cowherd and Dan Patrick to 'give our team attention' and they would always turn towards their beloved fruit, Tom Brady, instead.

Well now here we are in 2020 and the Buffalo Bills have 4....count them....4 NATIONAL PRIMETIME games left this year (2 MNF, 1 SNF and a Saturday Night Football Special)

Now the pendulum swings back squarely on US, fellow Buffalo Bills fans, Bills Mafia. The nation WILL be watching. Most know about the ascension of Josh Allen. Most know that the Buffalo Bills have now made the playoffs twice in 3 seasons. Most know we are 8-3 and atop the AFC East. And yet, there are still doubters, even within our own fan base.

The average football fan will watch with an open mind, perhaps ready to embrace Josh Allen, Stefon Diggs, Sean McDermott and the franchise as a whole.

You wanted the attention? You Got it. A big time heaping tablespoon full. Just be ready for that attention, positive or negative.

GO BILLS!

If that Bills-Dolphins game decides the AFCE then make it 5 primetime games. Could definitely see that game getting flexed into SNF.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, wjag said:

I for one, would be happy to never, ever see another Buffalo Bills MNF, SNF game.  I like 1p Sunday just fine.  Unless it is a compelling MNF/SNF game, I don't watch.  I dislike TNF immensely.  1p Sunday is the natural biorhythm of Buffalo Bills football.

Sorry but the OP is right.  You strive for greatness and national recognition. You actually want the national media to fall in love with Josh and your team. It can even effect how calls can sometimes go your way. I'm not saying the Bills are quite there yet but they are advancing toward being the kind of team the country can root for.  The 90's Bills never wanted to settle for 1pm games. 

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, teef said:

Again...my bedtime. 

Mine too :P These games hurt those that get up around 5am for work. 

Already told the boss that next Tuesday I'll be in late around 9:30am after my "Dentist Appointment".

I like having this problem though as it means we are on to great things.

Edited by Real McNasty
  • Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Greg S said:

If that Bills-Dolphins game decides the AFCE then make it 5 primetime games. Could definitely see that game getting flexed into SNF.

As Marv would say "where would you rather be right here, right now" than sitting in the Ralph at 8:30pm on a Sunday night in January to determine the AFCE champion. Too bad we can't be there in person this year to experience it.

1 hour ago, Real McNasty said:

Mine too :P These games hurt those that get up around 5am for work. 

Already told the boss that next Tuesday I'll be in late around 9:30am after my "Dentist Appointment".

I like having this problem though as it means we are on to great things.

Let's hope your boss isn't on these message boards...

• Haha (+1) 2