We are the first team to beat the Chargers by more than one score this season.

27 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

So did this one. Had the Chargers chosen to kick some easy FGs this also would've been a 1 score game. 

The Bills took their foot off the gas against the Rams, and ended up needing last second heroics (and a borderline DPI call). The Chiefs took their foot off the gas against the Bucs.... and needed to run the clock out on their last possession. The Bills dropped to a 16% chance of winning that game. The Chiefs only dipped down to 84%. Pretty big difference there. 

10 POINT loss and they only got to within 7.

Not 3 (3 times - 1 was a W and the 2 L's were in OT ), not 1 point, not 5 points, not 7 (Tampa), and not 6 points to the Fish.

They did beat the Jags buy 10 points, a 6 point W against the JETS, 

2 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

It is strange to me that when the Bills win a game by 10 points, the general feeling nationally is that we are lucky to win, but when the Chiefs beat the Bucs by 3, they dominated them and let them back in during garbage time.  Every time I see the national media giving us credit, it seems to be begrudgingly, like they are waiting for us to fall apart at any minute, but they have to talk about us for now because we keep winning.  I am honestly not complaining about this, I get why it happens. It will take awhile to shake the image this team spent the past 20 plus years building, but I believe we are well on our way to changing that. I guess we will just have to continue enjoying being under-rated in the meantime.

Go Bills!

Go watch both games. The Chiefs dominated the majority of the game. The Bills led the entire game. The Chiefs had a long stretch in which they could go on auto pilot. The game was seemingly in out of reach territory. The Bills game was high intensity nearly the entire game. The LAC have played well but no one would call them a playoff team. Some still think the Bucs are playing in the Super Bowl. 

I see the Chargers game as an opportunity by the coaches to not let that 2nd Half carry over to the playoffs. We play that way in the playoffs we're done. And I don't think any fan can deny that. At the risk of sounding negative I'm grateful for any win. I'm encouraged by the improvement of our defense. I just pray they can clean up the sloppiness that seems to happen once we establish decent leads.

I agree that we need to put together a dominant performance against a good team to change the national narrative about the Bills. If we stack 4 good quarters against the Cards, Rams and Chargers the narrative would have changed, until we do that there will be plenty of reasons to point out why we aren't an elite team. Hero Josh still shows up a little too often and it seems like we just lose focus at times but hopefully we can improve and be playing our best ball when it matters most, at the end of the season.

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

This team is two games shy right now of matching last seasons record with a way harder schedule than last season.  It would be one game if they could have stopped one hail mary. The Bills lead the division and are likely to win it for the first time in forever.  People still complain.  Half of this board said the Bills couldn't match it this year because the schedule was too tough.  Yet they are and those same people still dog the Bills.

Dang straight man! WTF people want, we are on the right path and we are seriously in this thing right now. Arguably one of the best 5 or 6 teams in the entire league! 

C'mon people!!

• Like (+1) 1

Bills have been interesting in a few ways:

-Game 1 against the Jets, dominated but the Jets put some late points to pull closer

-Game against Dolphins, back and forth but dominated when they had to. Dolphins got 8 points late when Bills played Prevent

-Dominated the Rams in the first half, got dominated the second half

-Vegas - game was never in doubt imo

-Played a well rested Titans group that was villified for a week because of Covid. Started off terrible with a bounced pick. Titans would have beaten any team that week

-Chiefs - prepare for the Mahomes throwing game and get gashed. Also weather effected Allen a lot imo.

-Let the Jets stick around and only got FGs but controlled that game

-Patriots - Cam fumbles the game away

Seattle - Seattle was ready to stop the run, got crushed in the passing game

-Arizona - Hail Mary changes outcome of score

Honestly; except for the Jets, Dolphins and Raiders I think a lot of these games could have gone either way. Better weather? Maybe the Bills put up more points in the 1st half. Covid doesn't screw up Titans game? Who knows. Seattle adjusts earlier to get more defense against the passing game. Arizona- Hail Mary fails. Rams - No DPI.. also the Kroft Interception doesn't count. Chargers - Lynn kicks FG earlier in the 4th. Chargers get 2 shots to tie at the 2 yard line. Cam doesn't fumble. 

I think the Bills can beat any team, they just have to fix those mistakes. This team could be 10-1 or 6-5 right now based on a couple random plays or conditions 

Edited by dma0034

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

No more than it affected Mahomes.  

Josh has a rocket and that cuts through the wind.  It's the "touch" passes that get blown off target IMO 

It definitely had more effect on Allen's throws then Mahomes. Not saying it didn't effect Mahomes but Allen looked terrible and that's what led to my favorite thing of the year when Bradshaw said he was accurate at throwing lol. 

9 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

It definitely had more effect on Allen's throws then Mahomes. Not saying it didn't effect Mahomes but Allen looked terrible and that's what led to my favorite thing of the year when Bradshaw said he was accurate at throwing lol. 

Josh was still wearing the brace from his injury on Oct 4 against the Raiders.  It was the 4 week "slump" in the offense. 

The brace he had to wear was restricting his ability

The brace came off and Josh was throwing for 415 yards again

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

1 hour ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

I feel like people are writing off the 3 turnovers in 7 plays because the Chargers didn't capitalize and it didn't cost us the game. 

This thread is about "narratives" and the narrative after the Chiefs/Chargers game was that the Chiefs survived and pulled out a win in a game that they really should have lost. 

OP was complaining that the narrative after this week is that the Chiefs "dominated" in a 3 point win, while the Bills "struggled" in a 10 point win. Having watched both games I agree with the narrative. 

Im writing it off because it’s anomaly.  I don’t think I will ever see the Bills have 3 turnovers in a row in the 4th again in my lifetime.

You’re basing this off of something extremely rare.

I don’t see how a game that ends up in OT and the Chiefs needing two 50+ yard field goals is dominating.  They dominated to a tie after 4 quarters?

This team is improving week to week, season over season... The playoffs don't start tomorrow so there's more time to continue to get better. If you're upset about winning games like this, your expectations are impossibly unrealistic.

Look at how our defense is shaping up! It was such a liability early in the season. This is a much bigger story line than any narrative of how 'un-pretty' the Bills won this game.

The offense had an off quarter and turned the ball over a few times.. it happens against NFL caliber teams.

3 hours ago, foreboding said:

Dang straight man! WTF people want, we are on the right path and we are seriously in this thing right now. Arguably one of the best 5 or 6 teams in the entire league! 

C'mon people!!

and there is no denying it!!!!

KC, Pitt, Buffalo, Tenny, 

Then there are the Cravens and Brownies with “questionable” QB,s

Last season at this time the Bills were still “pretenders” and ranked 15th to 20th in the league. 

The NFC isn’t what it used to be. 
GB, Seattle, NO.  Of those Taysom might carry them into the future. 

AZ at 6-5 is in the top 15ish as well. 

the Rams - too many issues to say they are contenders. 

Tampa and Grandpa 👴 Brady are fighting for a playoff spot. 

5 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

1. Because Brady 

2. where is the commentary on the Chargers? 

The Bills had THE most rushing yards against them with 172 combined yards

The Bills had THE most take away's with 3

The Bills had limited them to 1 passing TD.  (same as KC and Carolina) 
The Bills defense provided Herbert's worst QB rating of the season of 58.82 (thus far)

The Bills had limited Herbert to his 2nd worst Comp %.  31 of 52

IIRC, the Bills had only 1 takeaway (Tre's INT), while the Bills committed 3 turnovers (1 int and 2 fumbles)

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Would you rather play like the Bills did and win by 10? Or play like the Chiefs did and win by 3? Which game was "closer" ?

The Chiefs were playing pretty close to flawless football against a pretty good team. They were up 27-10 before taking their foot off the gas and letting the Bucs back into the game. 

The Bills were playing pretty decent football (up until the 4th Quarter), against a fairly mediocre team (Chargers are talented, but have a bad record). I'm not trying to be too negative here, but we went into the 4th quarter up by 10, and then proceeded to turn the ball over 3 times on 7 offensive plays. We're very lucky the Chargers didn't turn those turnovers into more than 3 points (with all due respect to our defense). 

The way the Bills played would result in a win maybe 33% of the time. The way the Chiefs played would be a win about 95% of the time. 

Why is it luck when our defense makes plays but not luck when the opposing defense makes plays lol I just dont understand this double standard we have.  They are lucky we fumbled twice in a row while running the ball down their throat to close out the game then if our defense 'got lucky' shutting down their offense after turnovers.  You have a 7+ point lead since early in the game and that only results in a win 33% of the time? 🤣 the bucs were getting beat up all game yardage wise but hung around and needed one stop to have a shot at a game winning drive...much like our game against the chiefs actually..  the chargers never were in a position to do better than tie against us.

Bucs had a considerably better chance to win than the chargers did

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

and there is no denying it!!!!

KC, Pitt, Buffalo, Tenny, 

Then there are the Cravens and Brownies with “questionable” QB,s

Last season at this time the Bills were still “pretenders” and ranked 15th to 20th in the league. 

The NFC isn’t what it used to be. 
GB, Seattle, NO.  Of those Taysom might carry them into the future. 

AZ at 6-5 is in the top 15ish as well. 

the Rams - too many issues to say they are contenders. 

Tampa and Grandpa 👴 Brady are fighting for a playoff spot. 

People want us to go out and play like the afc championship winner every week and that isn't even close to realistic.  Even those cheating patriots dynasty teams would go out and get pantsed against a good team from time to time (except in 07 when they didn't get pantsed til the superbowl of course 🤣) the regular season success the chiefs and steelers have had this year is far from the norm for even a great team but in the playoffs it only takes one loss to spoil it all...ask the ravens about last year they'll tell ya

8 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

It is strange to me that when the Bills win a game by 10 points, the general feeling nationally is that we are lucky to win, but when the Chiefs beat the Bucs by 3, they dominated them and let them back in during garbage time.  Every time I see the national media giving us credit, it seems to be begrudgingly, like they are waiting for us to fall apart at any minute, but they have to talk about us for now because we keep winning.  I am honestly not complaining about this, I get why it happens. It will take awhile to shake the image this team spent the past 20 plus years building, but I believe we are well on our way to changing that. I guess we will just have to continue enjoying being under-rated in the meantime.

Go Bills!

So you are saying there are a lot of Bills fans from the wall in the media.  I did not know!

• Haha (+1) 1

Who are all these other loser team that couldn’t beat that team by double digits, they must really suck even worse than the Bills.. 😁👍

Go Bills!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Who are all these other loser team that couldn’t beat that team by double digits, they must really suck even worse than the Bills.. 😁👍

Go Bills!!!

Those pathetic teams include the Chiefs, Saints, Raiders and the Bucs. The Chargers are better than their record, and that was a better win than it appears on the surface.

As @Royale with Cheese mentioned, that turnover spree was a freaky event or the score might have been even more appealing. I don’t recall anything like that before in my many years of watching, ESPECIALLY in a win! 

47 minutes ago, Augie said:

Those pathetic teams include the Chiefs, Saints, Raiders and the Bucs. The Chargers are better than their record, and that was a better win than it appears on the surface.

As @Royale with Cheese mentioned, that turnover spree was a freaky event or the score might have been even more appealing. I don’t recall anything like that before in my many years of watching, ESPECIALLY in a win! 

Oh, I agree, it was sarcasm on my behalf, aimed at those that imo lack understanding. 👍

Go Bills!!!