2nd and wrong

Seemed like we faced a lot of 2nd and longs yesterday, so I took this from the ESPN play-by-play of yesterday's game. Here's what the Bills gained (or lost) on 1st down: 5, 3, -3, 0, 2, 2, 3, 0, 0, 11, 0, -1, 8, 4, 6, -1, 0, 11, 1, 11, fumble, 44, fumble, 2, -2, 24, -4. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, John Gianelli said:

Seemed like we faced a lot of 2nd and longs yesterday, so I took this from the ESPN play-by-play of yesterday's game. Here's what the Bills gained (or lost) on 1st down: 5, 3, -3, 0, 2, 2, 3, 0, 0, 11, 0, -1, 8, 4, 6, -1, 0, 11, 1, 11, fumble, 44, fumble, 2, -2, 24, -4. 

are you the heir to the gianelli sausage fortune?

• Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

I believe the offense really misses John Brown.  When he is out, the whole thing looks more difficult.

Agree. I think he’s the only real true speed option on the team. Diggs can win deep, but he’s not necessarily a burner.

McKenzie is almost more quick than fast. And no need to talk about the running backs. 

If we add one thing offensively this off season I’d want a depth option with speed added to the offense, particularly at wideout. 

1 hour ago, teef said:

are you the heir to the gianelli sausage fortune?

FAR more importantly, does he have a sister named Donna who was on my bus in high school.

I’m a happily married man.....but what is she up to?  Just curious. Maybe some pics? 

:)

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, John Gianelli said:

So an average gain of 3.15 yards (taking out the 44 yard play), or 4.67 if you include the 44 yard play.

Not great. But also not the end of the world. The most concerning bit is the two fumbles, but the down has nothing to do with fumbling it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, John Gianelli said:

I wish!

John, nothing against you personally. I'm sure you're a great guy but that trade of Bob McAdoo for you and lots of cash was the beginning of the end for my beloved Buffalo Braves. Would have loved to have you as a backup to big Mac, just not as "the man".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, 2ForMacAdoo said:

John, nothing against you personally. I'm sure you're a great guy but that trade of Bob McAdoo for you and lots of cash was the beginning of the end for my beloved Buffalo Braves. Would have loved to have you as a backup to big Mac, just not as "the man".

We split four season tix with someone back in the McAdoo days. Great times!  I loved the NBA back then. 

And then I didn’t. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

FAR more importantly, does he have a sister named Donna who was on my bus in high school.

I’m a happily married man.....but what is she up to?  Just curious. Maybe some pics? 

:)

Gianelli was just a nickname given to me in college for my ability on the basketball court!

14 minutes ago, 2ForMacAdoo said:

Gianelli was just a nickname given to me by friends in college, for my (lack of) ability on the basketball court!

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Augie said:

We split four season tix with someone back in the McAdoo days. Great times!  I loved the NBA back then. 

And then I didn’t. 

Those were the days indeed. My dad split season tickets with three other families as well; we each went to 10 home games a year back in the 70's back in the old Aud. Such a fun team to watch with big Mac, local Buff State star Randy Smith and Columbia grad Jimmy McMillan.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, John Gianelli said:

Gianelli was just a nickname given to me by friends in college, for my (lack of) ability on the basketball court!

Haha! That's a great anecdote! The old Braves drafted a guy in the 1st round (ugh!) out of Princeton named John Hummer. He was, to put it mildly, a bust. Dad and I referred to him as "Hummer the bummer."  Gianelli was a superstar in comparison to Hummer.

• Like (+1) 1