Bills FO likely to get poached for GM candidates

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, JGMcD2 said:

• A team that loses a minority assistant coach who becomes a head coach or loses a personnel executive who becomes a general manager will receive third-round compensatory picks in each of the next two drafts.

• A team that loses two minority staffers to head coach and general manager positions would receive three third-round picks.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/6234064002

Belichick is writing resumes right now for everyone in his FO. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I don't think Morgan wants to coach, but I think he'd be a great linebackers coach. He was a beast in college at Miami, and was great in Carolina before he got injured. Reminded me of Luke Keuchly. He'd be a better LB coach than a GM, but I think he relishes the office job.

3 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Some would argue he's done a good job.  SF did play in last year's Superbowl.

Dan Morgan has more than earned the right to be in the mix as a GM. Significantly more experience than Lynch who was a broadcaster post NFL career. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, MJS said:

I doubt that. I'm sure Beane was a big part of bringing in personnel. Clearly McDermott does not answer to Beane, but they also clearly collaborate and both answer to the Pegulas, who luckily allow them to do their thing.

They obviously have a great working relationship but McDermott is King. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Dan Morgan has more than earned the right to be in the mix as a GM. Significantly more experience than Lynch who was a broadcaster post NFL career. 

He's not ready yet. Needs a few more years if you ask me. 3-4 years from now, he might be a great GM.

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

Looks like PFF has been reading this board for ideas.  Not first time something on here has shown up there including false info posted.

Sure, I'll agree with a guy thay can't even spell Beane right. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

I think SF is in deep ***** in the upcoming years. They screwed themselves overpaying for Jimmy G. He is not a good QB. 

Well they can get out of that deal for $2m this offseason. So if that is the reason you worry for them you can relax. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Well they can get out of that deal for $2m this offseason. So if that is the reason you worry for them you can relax. 

I don't give two ***** about SF. I never thought Jimmy G was the answer for them though. Kinda like the Bills trading for Rob Johnson because of one great game in J-ville.

• Like (+1) 1

Joe Schoen is the most likely 2021 GM of our personnel assistants. I have been told he is the best talent evaluator on the Bills staff and he will get looks. I imagine they brought Gaine back as a consultant to allow him to slide into that role. 

It really is an all star staff Beane built. I suspect it is one of the most expensive personnel staffs in the league. Will be interesting to see if the rumoured Pegula belt tightening affects the replacement of any guys who move on.

Just now, Bubba Gump said:

I don't give two ***** about SF. I never thought Jimmy G was the answer for them though. Kinda like the Bills trading for Rob Johnson because of one great game in J-ville.

But that contract isn't gonna put them in trouble a few years from now which is what you said. It is literally escapable for pocket change after this season. I am pretty sure Jimmy G is not the QB in San Fran in 2021.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Joe Schoen is the most likely 2021 GM of our personnel assistants. I have been told he is the best talent evaluator on the Bills staff and he will get looks. I imagine they brought Gaine back as a consultant to allow him to slide into that role. 

It really is an all star staff Beane built. I suspect it is one of the most expensive personnel staffs in the league. Will be interesting to see if the rumoured Pegula belt tightening affects the replacement of any guys who move on.

This I agree with.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

But that contract isn't gonna put them in trouble a few years from now which is what you said. It is literally escapable for pocket change after this season. I am pretty sure Jimmy G is not the QB in San Fran in 2021.

I hear ya.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They obviously have a great working relationship but McDermott is King. 

Ok. But Beane doesn't report to McDermott. They both report to the Pegulas. How you choose to interpret that is up to you.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Ok. But Beane doesn't report to McDermott. They both report to the Pegulas. How you choose to interpret that is up to you.

He is right though. This is McDermott's show. It doesn't matter in reality because our HC and GM are totally aligned but if they had a major falling out and the Pegulas had to choose.... they'd choose McDermott. They fell for him in his interview (thank heavens) and he is absolutely their guy. 

49 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

I know. I've followed Dan Morgan his whole career. He is nowhere ready to be a GM. Let someone take a chance on him. I pull for the guy, I have his autographed Panthers helmet. But he has done nothing to deserve a GM job as of yet. 

How do you quantify what he’s learned about team and culture building?

20 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

I think SF is in deep ***** in the upcoming years. They screwed themselves overpaying for Jimmy G. He is not a good QB. 

The next two years are essentially team options. They could walk away with nearly zero consequence 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

The way I see it is Beane builds the team based on how McDermott designs it. I think they work well together. Right now I think we're a lot like a top college program. It's hard to do something like that in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 1