Bills FO likely to get poached for GM candidates

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Dan Morgan worked In Seattle FO before coming to Buffalo 

I know. I've followed Dan Morgan his whole career. He is nowhere ready to be a GM. Let someone take a chance on him. I pull for the guy, I have his autographed Panthers helmet. But he has done nothing to deserve a GM job as of yet. 

I like that Beane likes to bring in the best, brightest, most experienced guys he can. Other GM's seem to be threatened by underlings like that. All they seem to care about is control.

Glad that both McDermott and Beane care about winning and are humble and collaborative enough to bring in people as smart or smarter than them. How many power struggles have we gone through over the years? And we see it all the time with other teams too.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bubba Gump said:

I know. I've followed Dan Morgan his whole career. He is nowhere ready to be a GM. Let someone take a chance on him. I pull for the guy, I have his autographed Panthers helmet. But he has done nothing to deserve a GM job as of yet. 

?

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We'll likely lose one or two over the next few years. Schoen is Beane's right hand man but Brian Gaine was considered a future star also but had issues in Houston. So I don't see Gaine ever getting another job. We're very deep in the front office department. 

The Houston situation was a joke. Clearly just O'Brien grabbing as much power as possible. Gaine deserves another shot in a better situation.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 6

4 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

What experience did Lynch have before becoming SF's GM?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, MJS said:

I like that Beane likes to bring in the best, brightest, most experienced guys he can. Other GM's seem to be threatened by underlings like that. All they seem to care about is control.

Glad that both McDermott and Beane care about winning and are humble and collaborative enough to bring in people as smart or smarter than them. How many power struggles have we gone through over the years? And we see it all the time with other teams too.

We'll see what happens as time goes on. It's a unique situation where McDermott basically picked his front office. McDermott is the king of the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 2

Beane has assembled an outstanding front office. They didn’t even mention Brian Gaine who we brought back after Houston (Bill O’Brien) fired him as their GM.

Also, if Dawson, Boyd and Gray get GM jobs we get 3rd round compensatory picks in the next two drafts for each. I think it’s a stupid rule, but kudos to Beane for having a diverse front office BEFORE there was a reward for it. 

EDIT: I don’t think hiring diversely is stupid, at all. I’m a huge advocate. I just don’t like the compensation attached... it seems to create the wrong atmosphere. I don’t have the solution though, at least the league is trying. 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 4

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We'll see what happens as time goes on. It's a unique situation where McDermott basically picked his front office. McDermott is the king of the Bills. 

I doubt that. I'm sure Beane was a big part of bringing in personnel. Clearly McDermott does not answer to Beane, but they also clearly collaborate and both answer to the Pegulas, who luckily allow them to do their thing.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Beane has assembled an outstanding from office. They didn’t even mention Brian Gaine who we brought back after Houston (Bill O’Brien) fired him as their GM.

Also, if Dawson, Boyd and Gray get GM jobs we get 3rd round compensatory picks in the next two drafts for each. I think it’s a stupid rule, but kudos to Beane for having a diverse front office BEFORE there was a reward for it. 

That goes for front office execs as well as coaches?

Edited by Buffalo Junction

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

That goes for front office execs as well as coaches?

• A team that loses a minority assistant coach who becomes a head coach or loses a personnel executive who becomes a general manager will receive third-round compensatory picks in each of the next two drafts.

• A team that loses two minority staffers to head coach and general manager positions would receive three third-round picks.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/6234064002

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

That was written 2 years before he will be interviewing... apparently he is considered a GM candidate 

Guess we'll just have to wait and see. I just don't think he is nearly ready enough, IMO. Hope I'm wrong, I really like the guy.