Week 12 MNF: Seahawks at Eagles 8:15 on ESPN

2 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

These analysts are huge Wentz apologists.

It is definitely true he has no talent around him, but wentz straight up sucks as well.

Kevin Harlan & Jaws (Jaworski) are calling the game on Westwood One. Great to listen to pros.

• Like (+1) 1

Did anyone else watch this game and suffer from PTSD? The Eagles offense reminded me of all those years watching the Bills offense thinking "guys playing offense in the NFL should not look this hard...." 

As for Wentz. It's over. He is done. I feel like I was on the "don't buy the hype he isn't that good" train early with Wentz (along with @Jaraxxus on this board at least). But he has disintegrated completely now. Mentally shot. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Did anyone else watch this game and suffer from PTSD? The Eagles offense reminded me of all those years watching the Bills offense thinking "guys playing offense in the NFL should not look this hard...." 

As for Wentz. It's over. He is done. I feel like I was on the "don't buy the hype he isn't that good" train early with Wentz (along with @Jaraxxus on this board at least). But he has disintegrated completely now. Mentally shot. 

But wait!!  He doesn't have his weapons!   Or something....

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, mannc said:

Sorry...can’t stop thinking about Josh Allen throwing lasers all over field to DK Metcalf...

Who?  Wentz is un-tradeable.

With Metcalf added to our team, we would be a true Super Bowl contender this year. With hindsight, I’d take Metcalf slightly over AJ Brown but either one of those guys would have helped take this offense to another level. Not only passing on them but trading up for Ford, definitely seems like a swing and a miss.  Beane can’t win them all but somewhat troubled that he and the scouting staff seemed so enamored by Ford to trade additional assets for him and pass on wr talent that was desperately needed at the time. 

13 minutes ago, racketmaster said:

With Metcalf added to our team, we would be a true Super Bowl contender this year. With hindsight, I’d take Metcalf slightly over AJ Brown but either one of those guys would have helped take this offense to another level. Not only passing on them but trading up for Ford, definitely seems like a swing and a miss.  Beane can’t win them all but somewhat troubled that he and the scouting staff seemed so enamored by Ford to trade additional assets for him and pass on wr talent that was desperately needed at the time. 

Look how different our offense is with Brown healthy...now imagine it with Metcalf 

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Imagine if they were playing against a real defense...

On 12/1/2020 at 7:58 AM, racketmaster said:

While I tend to agree, I would think Metcalf or Brown being in buffalo would mean no Diggs. Brown and Beasley were FA pickups before that draft, so they would be here. Then you draft Brown or Metcalf in April. So when we might think of how nice it would be to have Metcalf, just remember (in my opinion) that the group would be Metcalf, Brown, and Beasley, not Metcalf, Diggs, Brown, and Beasley

2 hours ago, billsfan5121 said:

While I tend to agree, I would think Metcalf or Brown being in buffalo would mean no Diggs. Brown and Beasley were FA pickups before that draft, so they would be here. Then you draft Brown or Metcalf in April. So when we might think of how nice it would be to have Metcalf, just remember (in my opinion) that the group would be Metcalf, Brown, and Beasley, not Metcalf, Diggs, Brown, and Beasley

This makes sense and I agree that Diggs would likely not be on team if we had drafted let’s say Metcalf in place of Ford. I’m going to even throw out the trade up for Ford and not count that against the Bills and just pretend that we traded up for Metcalf. As much as I like Diggs, Metcalf is a young Megatron/TO. And while Diggs is really good, Metcalf has the ability to be a HOF type player if he continues to progress. Nevertheless, it would be basically a wash this year not having Diggs and having Metcalf instead (although they each have their strengths and weaknesses). 

However, if we had made the Metcalf pick the Bills would have also had a first round 2020 pick. We could easily have drafted Justin Jefferson and then had a wr corps of Metcalf, Brown, Beasley, Jefferson and Gabe Davis. That is a young and relatively cheap wr corps. Metcalf, Jefferson and Davis could be together for years on relatively cheap contracts. Plus, the Bills would have had extra 5th and 6th round picks to move up or add LB or secondary depth. And we would keep our 2021 4th round pick. Hindsight is 2020, but the Ford miss was huge in that we traded up for him giving up a 3rd and missed an opportunity to get a legitimate #1 wr in Metcalf or Brown that were universally seen as 1st or second round picks. And had we done that the Bills would not have been forced to give up a large amount of draft capital and cap dollars to acquire Diggs. It happens and at least Diggs is a top notch player and his contract is not bad at the present. 

Edited by racketmaster