Call me crazy but I feel like we are gearing up for a deep playoff run...

Hebert19

2 hours ago, boater said:

Deep playoff run? Let's focus on immediate business.

With their victory yesterday, the Patsies are on an upswing. They beat the Cardinals, we could not. They may be hopeless in their own playoff seeding. But they are well positioned to be the spoiler for the Bills and the Dolphins. The game in Foxboro will be a mini-playoff game.

Miami's schedule has only two losses left: KC, Bills, Patsies ... pick two.

8-3 looks pretty haughty today. But this will be a slugfest until the end of the season.

Your putting a W in vs Raiders ? I think the last 4 will be tough 2-2 or 1-3 for Miami. 

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The Bills making a deep playoff run this year is no less likely than thinking that Tennessee would make a deep playoff run at this time last season.

Good point.  It's one game at a time and a lot of crazy stuff can happen in one football game.

3 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

I agree with the OP. Something feels different to me. No longer wide eyed kids new to the game. They feel hungry. The defense walking off the field at the end of the yesterday had some swagger. I feel we are closer to a deep playoff run than a first round bounce. 

Its all about peaking.  In both 2007 and 2011 the giants were not world beaters but got kind of healthy and hot going into last few games of the season....not saying we are them but sometimes it's about the pieces coming together at the right time.   See Flacco and ravens.  Etc.  

This D continues to get better and Josh gets hot and I'm not scared of KC. 

15 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Your putting a W in vs Raiders ? I think the last 4 will be tough 2-2 or 1-3 for Miami. 

This.   The phins without some luck could lose their last 4 games. Kc bills and Oakland are better teams and pats will play them tough. Fitz is an accident waiting to happen and Tua is well...not good. 

2 hours ago, thurst44 said:

And any given Sunday, someone could get past KC. Juggernaut teams don't ALWAYS win the Super Bowl. We all know what happened to the 16-0 Patriots and the 15-1 1988 Vikings and 2005 Steelers did not even make it that far. KC has won its last three games by 3, 4, and 2, and the 2 was against a Panthers team that had lost three in a row going into that game. They only beat the Bills by an almost identical score to the one many fans here are bemoaning was not enough against the Chargers. Chiefs are a great team, but they are hardly invincible. 

I will go so far as to say the Chiefs won't repeat as NFL champs. They are the favorite for the Super Bowl but they could easily not get there. 

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The Bills making a deep playoff run this year is no less likely than thinking that Tennessee would make a deep playoff run at this time last season.

Tennessee didn't hit it's stride until the last quarter of the season.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Jobot said:

Tennessee didn't hit it's stride until the last quarter of the season.

That's my point. Some posters were acting like saying the Bills could go on a deep playoff run was crazy. Well it's no more crazy then saying after 11 games last year that the Titans would be going on a deep run.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

That's my point. Some posters were acting like saying the Bills could go on a deep playoff run was crazy. Well it's no more crazy then saying after 11 games last year that the Titans would be going on a deep run.

Had to look it up, but Tennessee was 6-5 through 11, so I would think you'd get a good amount of eye rolls saying that this about Tennessee at this point last year.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, boater said:

Deep playoff run? Let's focus on immediate business.

With their victory yesterday, the Patsies are on an upswing. They beat the Cardinals, we could not. They may be hopeless in their own playoff seeding. But they are well positioned to be the spoiler for the Bills and the Dolphins. The game in Foxboro will be a mini-playoff game.

Miami's schedule has only two losses left: KC, Bills, Patsies ... pick two.

8-3 looks pretty haughty today. But this will be a slugfest until the end of the season.

Im right with you here and was about to post similar thoughts. I mean yeah its fun to imagine a deep playoff run and as fans we're inclined to fantasize both the best and worst case scenarios. But Ive been a Bills fan way too long  to take anything for granted there are just way too many unknown variables between now and next week forget the playoff scenarios. And not just our teams unknown variables but others too. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Sure why not.   No one is getting past KC , but every other team is on the table.   Certainly will be super competitive with anyone left on the regular schedule.  Plus, home field advantage means squat with no fans, so playoffs are pretty much neutral field games.   Go get em bills. 

Kc might be a better team but they don't scare me one bit. There's not a team in the league that we couldn't win 5 out of 10 times again... probably a crap metric to throw out there, but im saying any given Sunday. If we get hot in the playoffs we could absolutely win it all... big if, but we've never seen a team that we could say that about in my lifetime

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

This is actually a team that could peak in Jan! Just my 2 cents. 

Why would anyone not think so?

The power rankings all have them between about #5 and #9. Of course they're gearing up for it. How much they achieve is another matter, but outside the Steelers and Chiefs they're as good as any team in the conference.

They are well positioned..........their style of defense should benefit from the time together and the late bye was great...........if they can stay healthy and mostly covid-free and keep winning until Brown and Milano can come back to full strength they will have a punchers chance against the field.

And in a year where anyone could find themselves off-balance in the playoffs........that punchers chance is greater than normal. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

My worries is we get in playoffs, team takes care of themselves well and a team like Ravens or Titans is our opponent and they do not take care again.

Are playoff games gong to be rescheduled or postponed?

We clearly got screwed with the Titans getting competitive advantage for not taking proper Covid safety seriously.

I would hope that  teams get the message after watching he Broncos this week.

I also hope the league makes teams play whomever they can in the playoffs or forfeit.  
The only other recourse is to have a bubble at a neutral site which I can’t imagine them doing.