Call me crazy but I feel like we are gearing up for a deep playoff run...

Hebert19

1 minute ago, dma0034 said:

I mean a fluke play that wins them a game. The Cards also missed a FG right before NE kicked on to win.

Also the Dolphins play @Raiders as well. They could easily lose that game too. Only team left that they will beat is the Bengals

I want you to be right.

1 hour ago, Dkollidas said:

I think they’re gearing up for a couple tough divisional games to end the season. If they beat New England and Miami, that alone gives them at least 10 wins with a 6-0 record against the AFC East. That would basically crown them the division. 

I think the mentality of preparedness amongst the coaches & staff is understood throughout that organization (players, coaches, staff, water boys etc etc).

I agree the defense has been really gearing up, and I would say most of that is getting healthy. Edmunds looks like he’s feeling a lot better. Wallace and Norman are healthy, Tre is healthy, and young guys are getting opportunities (Epenesa and D. Johnson dressed while Murphy was benched).

I don't think Buffalo ever swept the AFC East..  Even in the early 90s.  Good year to start.

I am not willing to make any rash decisions about this team until 7 minutes into the next game.  At that time I will let everyone know on the game day thread which players suck and if we will ever win another game with this awful coach, offense and defense. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 4

22 minutes ago, boater said:

With their victory yesterday, the Patsies are on an upswing. They beat the Cardinals, we could not.

First of all, there's no such thing as transitivity in football.  Just because NE beat ARI but we lost to ARI does not imply that NE is better than us.

Second, really?  You're using the fluke result of the Arizona game as a negative data point?  Come on, man.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Things seems to be pointing in the right trajectory.  Defense seems to be improving and getting back being disruptive and attacking.  Offense still trying to play a game where both the run and pass are effective.  Special teams seems very buttoned up, kicker is on fire and confident.  Can Josh step into a playoff game and avoid his sugar high moments?  Its a  fun ride and sure beats talking about draft picks by week 10

8 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Keep Bills fans away from bridges and sharp objects...

Bills go 1-4 down the stretch. Losses to SF, PIT, NE, MIA and beat DEN. End at 9-7.

NE goes 5-0 and beats LAC, LAR, MIA, BUF, and NYJ. They finish at 10-6. 

MIA goes 3-2 beating CIN, LAV, BUF and losing to KC and NE. They finish at 10-6. 

NE wins division with tie-breaker over MIA. Bills out of playoffs...

Had to edit to add the positive version:

Bills go 3-2 down the stretch. Losses to SF, PIT and beat DEN, NE, MIA. End at 11-5.

NE goes 1-4 and beats NYJ but losses to LAC, LAR, MIA, BUF, and NYJ. They finish at 6-10. 

MIA goes 3-2 beating CIN, LAV, NE and losing to KC and BUF. They finish at 10-6. 

Bills win division and NE gets a top 10 draft pick. 

Pats going 3-0 in that rams-dolphins-bills stretch is extremely doubtful...its just as likely the jets get their one win of the season against the pats lol how does your positive version have us losing a game were favored to win and Miami beating the raiders haha 

I wouldnt be surprised if the pats magical run at winning out ends against the chargers next week 🤣

11 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Pats going 3-0 in that rams-dolphins-bills stretch is extremely doubtful...its just as likely the jets get their one win of the season against the pats lol how does your positive version have us losing a game were favored to win and Miami beating the raiders haha 

I wouldnt be surprised if the pats magical run at winning out ends against the chargers next week 🤣

Should have called it a more positive version. You are right if all goes well Bills finish up 4-1. Ideally Bills have it wrapped by week 17 and have a meaningless game. 

1 hour ago, ProcessTruster said:

Sure why not.   No one is getting past KC , but every other team is on the table.   Certainly will be super competitive with anyone left on the regular schedule.  Plus, home field advantage means squat with no fans, so playoffs are pretty much neutral field games.   Go get em bills. 

And any given Sunday, someone could get past KC. Juggernaut teams don't ALWAYS win the Super Bowl. We all know what happened to the 16-0 Patriots and the 15-1 1988 Vikings and 2005 Steelers did not even make it that far. KC has won its last three games by 3, 4, and 2, and the 2 was against a Panthers team that had lost three in a row going into that game. They only beat the Bills by an almost identical score to the one many fans here are bemoaning was not enough against the Chargers. Chiefs are a great team, but they are hardly invincible. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

@Hebert19,

You are crazy if you think you can change the minds of the "doom and gloom" crowd.

I do agree with you that the defense is getting better.

The Bills just maybe, maybe can put it all together by the time the playoffs roll around!

The "doom and gloom" crowd are on a ledge.

Jump! Jump! Jump!

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

Wait this is “un possible”.  

I already read on this board that McDermott is not a good coach and can’t compete with the McVay, Tomlin, and Meathead coaches of other teams.

I read that McDermott can’t inspire a team to go out and win.

Josh Allen makes way to many mistakes and the team lets everyone just hang around so they can’t win playoff games. 

They have had 4 games come down to the last possession unlike teams like KC that have only had 4 games come down to the last possession. (head smacked here)

They don’t blow people out and therefore are not prepared for a close game in the playoffs.

They don’t step on the throat of their opponents and the Bills let them come back unlike say KC that once up by 17 early in a game would never allow a team to close it down to 3 points at the end.

I am sure there are several others posted by the same 3 people over and over why you can’t be right.

*Sarcasm Off 

Put more on ignore although the board software does not always work.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Jump! Jump! Jump!

I recently (the last few weeks) have started to use the ignore function myself.  I have 2 on the list and after reading a thread today I am considering a third.

Yes it does not always work right.  One thing I noticed is that I had do it multiple times to "take".

I really didn't want to resort to that but this place gets worse the more the Bills win.

I wonder if the Mods or @SDS are aware of this?

12 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I recently (the last few weeks) have started to use the ignore function myself.  I have 2 on the list and after reading a thread today I am considering a third.

Yes it does not always work right.  One thing I noticed is that I had do it multiple times to "take".

I really didn't want to resort to that but this place gets worse the more the Bills win.

The gloomers? yes. At least one MOD is one.

The software seems to have issues when site gets busy.  Ignored players are moved to left rather than hidden in Chrome.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

The gloomers? yes. At least one MOD is one.

The software seems to have issues when site gets busy.  Ignored players are moved to left rather than hidden in Chrome.

16 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

35 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Jump! Jump! Jump!

What is a gloomer? I wonder what I am called...

I tend to side with the analytical and what I would consider rational thoughts. I dont to hear this team is going to blow it because they are the Bills and thats what they do. I also dont want to here Beane is a magician after signing Bill Jenkins from the AFL.

It can be hard to have an honest conversation on these boards. A last minute loss to AZ in a game we should have won and sloppy win vs LAC should lead to some "where is this team" discussion.  I am excited for the SF and PIT games because I think they will be telling about what kind of team this is. This year feels wide open despite KC and PIT records. We are a team that can score which means any playoff game is winnable. What will beat this team is keeping the ball away from them via long drives. This D will need to step it up and show it can stop good teams from having multiple 8+ min TD drives. 

I know this will come across as sounding just like me, but, what the hell else would they be doing? Really,  They sure aren’t planning a family picnic... 😁👍 all we gotta do is win two games max, and we are in the post season, fish and pats, every thing else is gravy on the mashed potatoes... I for one feel enormously positive about the remainder of this season.

Go Bills!!! 

Winning is a habit, as is losing. This team is in the habit of winning. 
     One thing this team has going for it is Playoff experience. You think Josh and company like the taste of that loss last year?

Get this team into the Playoffs and we have a great chance of going deep. It IS a new season and anything can happen.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Winning is a habit, as is losing. This team is in the habit of winning. 
     One thing this team has going for it is Playoff experience. You think Josh and company like the taste of that loss last year?

Get this team into the Playoffs and we have a great chance of going deep. It IS a new season and anything can happen.

My worries is we get in playoffs, team takes care of themselves well and a team like Ravens or Titans is our opponent and they do not take care again.

Are playoff games gong to be rescheduled or postponed?

5 minutes ago, ngbills said:

What is a gloomer? I wonder what I am called...

I tend to side with the analytical and what I would consider rational thoughts. I dont to hear this team is going to blow it because they are the Bills and thats what they do. I also dont want to here Beane is a magician after signing Bill Jenkins from the AFL.

It can be hard to have an honest conversation on these boards. A last minute loss to AZ in a game we should have won and sloppy win vs LAC should lead to some "where is this team" discussion.  I am excited for the SF and PIT games because I think they will be telling about what kind of team this is. This year feels wide open despite KC and PIT records. We are a team that can score which means any playoff game is winnable. What will beat this team is keeping the ball away from them via long drives. This D will need to step it up and show it can stop good teams from having multiple 8+ min TD drives. 

Yes it is getting hard to have constructive conversation lately.

I personally have changed my opinion on football fandom lately.  That's just me.  I want to enjoy it more for what it is and tend not to get too upset over

things I would of in the past.

I got no problem with fans discussing "negative" (for the sake of a better word) issues and that's not who I started "ignoring".  It's more the "trolls" who

know they can rile posters up by their incessant negativity that gets me.  To be fair there is some of that in the reverse too.

I'm a middle of the road kind of guy and I come here for 2 main purposes.  One to get the latest Bills/NFL news along with some good football talk and

the second reason is for some Buffalo Bills fan friendship.  I don't derail other board members conversations that I don't want to be a part of but I do

expect the same respect when It comes to me.

I believe the board would be a little better is everyone just let other fans be the fans they want to be.