Call me crazy but I feel like we are gearing up for a deep playoff run...

Hebert19

6 hours ago, boater said:

Deep playoff run? Let's focus on immediate business.

With their victory yesterday, the Patsies are on an upswing. They beat the Cardinals, we could not. They may be hopeless in their own playoff seeding. But they are well positioned to be the spoiler for the Bills and the Dolphins. The game in Foxboro will be a mini-playoff game.

Miami's schedule has only two losses left: KC, Bills, Patsies ... pick two.

8-3 looks pretty haughty today. But this will be a slugfest until the end of the season.

Were you predicting the Fins loss to Denver? They could easily lose more than two.

So could we of course, but it looks like so far we're just a better team.

And yeah, the team should focus on immediate business. If the fans look ahead with imagination, there's nothing wrong with that, as long as we stay aware it's all guesswork anyway.

3 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Nah. Member when the Patriots went 19-0? Proof positive that the team everyone expects to win the SB on December 1st always does and no plucky wild cards or overlooked division leaders ever stand a chance.

Not sure if you were being sarcastic.  Pats were 18-1 in 2007 season.  The David Tyree! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, BillsinChesterSprings said:

Agreed.  If we beat SF (I like our chances), our path to 11 wins is much easier.  If we win division, I see at least 1 playoff win.

I see one playoff win and then we lose. Is this considered a successful season? 

11 hours ago, saundena said:

You're crazy. 

We are a good team and we will probably win a playoff game, but we are not making a deep playoff run.  We are too inconsistent (a theme we've seen the entire season) and while Josh is playing very good football, he's not playing at the level he did early in the season.  Most of all, I think we lack a killers instinct which will come back to bite us in the playoffs.

I like that our defense is improving, but at the same time, it looks like our offense is regressing (especially in the turnover and general sloppiness standpoint).  For a deep run, our defense would need to maintain the way it has since the Seattle game (performed well against high power offenses) while having our offense get back to early season form. 

Well said. 

10 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

We're a stupid ridiculous fluke play from being 9-2.

This team can beat anybody.  

The same logic can be applied to the Rams game and to some extent the New England game. Those were 2 games we should have lost. Refs bad PI call. Horrific fumble by Newton. Perhaps add in the raider game as well. 

• Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

I know there is crazy doom and gloom around here for whatever reason after a win but I am the opposite.  Few interesting stats:

1.  Over last 5 games D is allowing 22.8 ppg.  Big improvement.  

2.  19 sacks over last 5 games 

3.   6 interceptions over last 5 games

4.  4 fumble recoveries in last 5

5.   Bass 15/18 on FGs in last 5.  1 miss was a late half Hail mary

All while the offense is the offense.  Yes they aren't the same without Brown but when they have him they are damm dominant. 

Roberts is still roberts as well.  

If the D continues their trajectory and the Offense gets healthy this isn't a Doom and Gloom team...this is a team no one wants to face in playoffs.   

This is actually a team that could peak in Jan! Just my 2 cents. 

¨we¨ ...  is it you? Justin... Hebert? ...  

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, boater said:

Deep playoff run? Let's focus on immediate business.

With their victory yesterday, the Patsies are on an upswing. They beat the Cardinals, we could not. They may be hopeless in their own playoff seeding. But they are well positioned to be the spoiler for the Bills and the Dolphins. The game in Foxboro will be a mini-playoff game.

Miami's schedule has only two losses left: KC, Bills, Patsies ... pick two.

8-3 looks pretty haughty today. But this will be a slugfest until the end of the season.

So they beat the Cards. But the Bills beat them. And the Pats couldn't beat Seattle, but we did.

I don't see any logical way to determine that the Pats are as good or better than the Bills. Both team's records seem pretty accurate to me.

Oh, and I think Miami goes 8-8 or 9-7. They have a tough slate of games coming up.

• Like (+1) 1

Another interesting note that bodes well for this team is that on offense when the gameplan has called for run heavy we have executed.  When we try to take away a specific player on their offense it has worked.  We have the personnel to win in a variety of ways.  

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I see one playoff win and then we lose. Is this considered a successful season? 

Absolutely!   

How can anyone say winning the division, a home playoff game, and a playoff win is anything but?     That’s represents an improvement in every aspect for the team and achieves success we Bills fans haven’t seen in a millennium.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Good luck with the Chiefs in the 2nd round most likely. They are clearly the best team in the NFl and it's not even close. It stinks that they will be THE obstacle for 10 years

Well at some point soon they are going to be in cap hell...so they will need to purge some of the talent.  

2 hours ago, Dan said:

Absolutely!   

How can anyone say winning the division, a home playoff game, and a playoff win is anything but?     That’s represents an improvement in every aspect for the team and achieves success we Bills fans haven’t seen in a millennium.  

True but aren't we starving for a ring? Isn't that tje goal?

2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

it's all about matchups.  we need to root for us to win out and the steelers to drop to browns and colts and get the 2 seed. better to face kc in afc title game then second roound

Titans versus KC sounds hilarious to me.  Let those team go at it.  Gladly play the steelers in round 2 over those other 2.  Lots of good teams in the AFC maybe if KC is the 1 seed, the 2 WC we dont play could upset.  That would also be great cause 2 home games!!!

9 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

True but aren't we starving for a ring? Isn't that tje goal?

That is ..every.. team’s ultimate goal.  But to say that every season that doesn’t end in a Super Bowl win is not a successful year... just creates an unrealistic and unattainable goal.  

The Bills have not won the division in 25 years.  If we manage to hold on and win the division, have a better record, and win a playoff game for the first time in a generation.. how can you call that anything but a successful year?  Unless you’re just here to throw a wet blanket on every conversation and try to get people riled up?  

2 hours ago, Dan said:

That is ..every.. team’s ultimate goal.  But to say that every season that doesn’t end in a Super Bowl win is not a successful year... just creates an unrealistic and unattainable goal.  

The Bills have not won the division in 25 years.  If we manage to hold on and win the division, have a better record, and win a playoff game for the first time in a generation.. how can you call that anything but a successful year?  Unless you’re just here to throw a wet blanket on every conversation and try to get people riled up?  

I would consider that a successful year. Yet, I would be disappointed that we have not won it all. Both are possibly I think?