Call me crazy but I feel like we are gearing up for a deep playoff run...

Hebert19

I know there is crazy doom and gloom around here for whatever reason after a win but I am the opposite.  Few interesting stats:

1.  Over last 5 games D is allowing 22.8 ppg.  Big improvement.  

2.  19 sacks over last 5 games 

3.   6 interceptions over last 5 games

4.  4 fumble recoveries in last 5

5.   Bass 15/18 on FGs in last 5.  1 miss was a late half Hail mary

All while the offense is the offense.  Yes they aren't the same without Brown but when they have him they are damm dominant. 

Roberts is still roberts as well.  

If the D continues their trajectory and the Offense gets healthy this isn't a Doom and Gloom team...this is a team no one wants to face in playoffs.   

This is actually a team that could peak in Jan! Just my 2 cents. 

• Like (+1) 24
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 7

Are you crazy?!

But seriously, we are going into a tough stretch of games. Obviously Pittsburgh. But that game aside, the games against NE, SF and Denver are games I'm paying close attention to. Those are the remaining games that we have as common opponents with Miami. If we stumble and Miami gets even in the standing, it might come down to that tie-breaker. I hope it doesn't get to that. We need to keep at least a 1 game lead and the division record lead to ensure the last game isn't for the division.

Edited by Fleezoid

You're crazy. 

We are a good team and we will probably win a playoff game, but we are not making a deep playoff run.  We are too inconsistent (a theme we've seen the entire season) and while Josh is playing very good football, he's not playing at the level he did early in the season.  Most of all, I think we lack a killers instinct which will come back to bite us in the playoffs.

I like that our defense is improving, but at the same time, it looks like our offense is regressing (especially in the turnover and general sloppiness standpoint).  For a deep run, our defense would need to maintain the way it has since the Seattle game (performed well against high power offenses) while having our offense get back to early season form. 

Edited by saundena

Sure why not.   No one is getting past KC , but every other team is on the table.   Certainly will be super competitive with anyone left on the regular schedule.  Plus, home field advantage means squat with no fans, so playoffs are pretty much neutral field games.   Go get em bills. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I think they’re gearing up for a couple tough divisional games to end the season. If they beat New England and Miami, that alone gives them at least 10 wins with a 6-0 record against the AFC East. That would basically crown them the division. 

I think the mentality of preparedness amongst the coaches & staff is understood throughout that organization (players, coaches, staff, water boys etc etc).

I agree the defense has been really gearing up, and I would say most of that is getting healthy. Edmunds looks like he’s feeling a lot better. Wallace and Norman are healthy, Tre is healthy, and young guys are getting opportunities (Epenesa and D. Johnson dressed while Murphy was benched).

Edited by Dkollidas
  • Like (+1) 1

I think the Bills ability to win a second round game depends on who ends up with the #1 seed.  If they end up the 4th seed and the first round games end up with favorites as the winners, they almost certainly play KC in the 2nd round.   I like our team, but I dont see anyone stopping the Chiefs this year.  Mahomes is just too good right now.

• Like (+1) 1

Wait this is “un possible”.  

I already read on this board that McDermott is not a good coach and can’t compete with the McVay, Tomlin, and Meathead coaches of other teams.

I read that McDermott can’t inspire a team to go out and win.

Josh Allen makes way to many mistakes and the team lets everyone just hang around so they can’t win playoff games. 

They have had 4 games come down to the last possession unlike teams like KC that have only had 4 games come down to the last possession. (head smacked here)

They don’t blow people out and therefore are not prepared for a close game in the playoffs.

They don’t step on the throat of their opponents and the Bills let them come back unlike say KC that once up by 17 early in a game would never allow a team to close it down to 3 points at the end.

I am sure there are several others posted by the same 3 people over and over why you can’t be right.

*Sarcasm Off 

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Haha (+1) 4

While I agree that we can have a playoff run. The timing is a bit off coming off this win. Nothing from the last two weeks shouts "now is the time". The team has looked better. We have looked above average on O and average on D lately. Earlier we were dominant on O and bad on D. Allen is in a mini slump - watch the film dont just say how dare you say that. The D is playing slightly better but still not there yet and may never be this season. We need to get back to dominant on O and average to even above average on D for a time is now post. 

Edited by ngbills

we have improved on defense a lot yes but we still need to focus on stopping the run. 

tons of run heavy teams in the AFC...Browns,Ravens, Titans. We also need to improve in the 2nd half of games. we have the worst 2nd half defense in the NFL. 

Edited by Penfield45

51 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Sure why not.   No one is getting past KC , but every other team is on the table.   Certainly will be super competitive with anyone left on the regular schedule.  Plus, home field advantage means squat with no fans, so playoffs are pretty much neutral field games.   Go get em bills. 

Exactly...Why not...Plus what is deep? 

Win the division and win that home game. Now you are in the final 4 AFC - anyone other than Chiefs would be a coin flip to win....

Bills - if healthy - pretty sure no one gonna want to play

• Like (+1) 1

Deep playoff run? Let's focus on immediate business.

With their victory yesterday, the Patsies are on an upswing. They beat the Cardinals, we could not. They may be hopeless in their own playoff seeding. But they are well positioned to be the spoiler for the Bills and the Dolphins. The game in Foxboro will be a mini-playoff game.

Miami's schedule has only two losses left: KC, Bills, Patsies ... pick two.

8-3 looks pretty haughty today. But this will be a slugfest until the end of the season.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, saundena said:

You're crazy. 

We are a good team and we will probably win a playoff game, but we are not making a deep playoff run.  We are too inconsistent (a theme we've seen the entire season) and while Josh is playing very good football, he's not playing at the level he did early in the season.  Most of all, I think we lack a killers instinct which will come back to bite us in the playoffs.

I like that our defense is improving, but at the same time, it looks like our offense is regressing (especially in the turnover and general sloppiness standpoint).  For a deep run, our defense would need to maintain the way it has since the Seattle game (performed well against high power offenses) while having our offense get back to early season form. 

I definitely wouldn't say we are "probably" going to win a playoff game.  We are probably going to play a playoff game.

Winning it will be tough and depending heavily on who we play.  Some potential matchups are better than others.

It is going to get really interesting down the stretch following the playoff picture, who is winning which division, what seed we are at the moment, the order of the wild card teams, and so on.  Lots of moving pieces and still too early to really have a feel for it.

9 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Exactly...Why not...Plus what is deep? 

Win the division and win that home game. Now you are in the final 4 AFC - anyone other than Chiefs would be a coin flip to win....

Bills - if healthy - pretty sure no one gonna want to play

Amen to the "if healthy" point

38 minutes ago, boater said:

With their victory yesterday, the Patsies are on an upswing. They beat the Cardinals, we could not. They may be hopeless in their own playoff seeding. But they are well positioned to be the spoiler for the Bills and the Dolphins. The game in Foxboro will be a mini-playoff game.

8-3 looks pretty haughty today. But this will be a slugfest until the end of the season.

Keep Bills fans away from bridges and sharp objects...

Bills go 1-4 down the stretch. Losses to SF, PIT, NE, MIA and beat DEN. End at 9-7.

NE goes 5-0 and beats LAC, LAR, MIA, BUF, and NYJ. They finish at 10-6. 

MIA goes 3-2 beating CIN, LAV, BUF and losing to KC and NE. They finish at 10-6. 

NE wins division with tie-breaker over MIA. Bills out of playoffs...

Had to edit to add the positive version:

Bills go 4-1 down the stretch. Loss to PIT and beat SF, DEN, NE, MIA. End at 12-4.

NE goes 1-4 and beats NYJ but losses to LAC, LAR, MIA, BUF. They finish at 6-10. 

MIA goes 3-2 beating CIN, LAV, NE and losing to KC and BUF. They finish at 10-6. (If MIA loses to LAV then they beat the Bills 3rd stringers).

Bills win division and NE gets a top 10 draft pick. 

Edited by ngbills

17 minutes ago, boater said:

I mean a fluke play that wins them a game. The Cards also missed a FG right before NE kicked on to win.

Also the Dolphins play @Raiders as well. They could easily lose that game too. Only team left that they will beat is the Bengals