Just want to throw this stat out there for anyone not satisfied with the LA game

JerseyBills

10 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

Buffalo was up 7 with 5 minutes left chargers had the ball. We should’ve already been up two scores if the offense could’ve pulled their head out of their collective rear ends. 
This take sums it up for me

Wins are hard, and we didn’t have them for years, so I appreciate and enjoy all 8 of them. I can at the same time be frustrated that the only thing between this team and real super bowl contention is consistency.

Most think we are a year away. I don’t. The only thing holding us back is us. Our execution and mental focus. 

I’ll take the 8-3 record but I want more because we have the talent to get more now. 

What more do you want? 

We're a fluke play from 9-2. We played 7 winning teams. 

I'll watch the Bills win ugly all the way to the Super Bowl

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Whkfc said:

Yeah we were 6inches from it possibly  ending in a 2point win.

Two inches, the snap between Morse and Allen doesn't get fumbled.  Two inches and the hail Mary doesn't get caught.  There are a hundred of these in every game.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

The Bills were the 1st team to beat the Chargers by double digits.  With now 8 losses, that is pretty impressive on the Chargers part.  The only other teams to not lose by double digits? The undefeated Steelers and 1 loss Chiefs. Just some context that these Chargers are not your average 3-8 team. 

They've been close in literally every game. We didn't  trail for 1 second of this game,  even with 3 turnovers in 7 plays. This was one of the worse performances by our O, just the sloppiness,  the penalties and turnovers.  YET we still overcame all that and got a commanding W over a pesky team. 

That to me shows a true Championship mentality on this team. When things aren't going as planned but you still keep your composure and come away with a W. 

8-3 after 11 games. Fluke play away from 9-2..

7 of those games were versus a team with winning record! 

Our record is proof that we're a very good team and we've proven we can hang with anyone.  

Can't WAIT to hand Pit their first loss. I have us pegged at 12-4 heading into the playoffs. 

Keep in mind that the Chargers' stud RB, Austin Ekeler, missed 6 games this season and they still went 2-4 over that stretch with the four losses coming by a 4.25 point avg.  This was a quality win.  Savor it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Keep in mind that the Chargers' stud RB, Austin Ekeler, missed 6 games this season and they still went 2-4 over that stretch with the four losses coming by a 4.25 point avg.  This was a quality win.  Savor it.

Yes! Exactly.  And it's not like they had a solid #2 RB . Ekler is clearly on another level.  

Another reason,  like you said,  was a quality win! 

It was a win with some good and some bad.

It was a win against a flawed west coast team playing on the east coast. Bills D appeared to play better but Herbert also was off target early and often.  Other than one 30 yard run, they seemed to defend the run well.  D had some nice stops after the turnovers.  

People seem to think Edmunds played better. I didn't see it though.  Very few impact plays.  Missed knocking the ball down on the TD pass.  I didn't see him make any big mistakes in the run game.   The long run given up was Klein's hole and terrible run support by White.  

Bills rushed the passer reasonably well.  They did not pass block well at all.  It was hard to tell on TV but I suspect they were defending the deep ball and doubling Diggs.  Allen and Daboll adjusted reasonably well.  

Sitting Murphy was a fine decision as Epenesa played ok and should benefit from the increased snaps.

Sitting Kroft for Gilliam still made no sense. 

Not sure why Josh Norman didn't get more snaps.  I like Levi but I would have guessed they would have rotated Norman in there for a few drives.  Also unsure why he was not on the filed for the hail mary.  Tauron Johnson looks like the smallest DB on the team and Norman is the tallest I think.  They had both Klein and Edmuinds on th efield for the 4th and forever.  Makes no sense.  

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I appreciate the optimism but the fact we beat them by "double digits" imo is one of the most meaningless stats of all time.    They missed an extra point and were stopped at the one yard line as time expired, it was hardly felt like a "double digit " type win in the last 4 minutes of the game.  

They got the extra point back with the 2 point conversion they made and they was stopped at the goalline after a dumb luck 50 yard pass over 4 defenders. Stop it.

6 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I actually did. I tried to cheer the poor guy up. 

It makes me wonder, do ppl not watch other games?

It is NOT easy to win in this league.  

Unless you're playing the God awful Jets 😂

Jets took the patriots aka 'the team thats apparently going to go on a magical run and knock us out of the playoffs' down to the wire haha

6 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

The Bills were the 1st team to beat the Chargers by double digits.  With now 8 losses, that is pretty impressive on the Chargers part.  The only other teams to not lose by double digits? The undefeated Steelers and 1 loss Chiefs. Just some context that these Chargers are not your average 3-8 team. 

They've been close in literally every game. We didn't  trail for 1 second of this game,  even with 3 turnovers in 7 plays. This was one of the worse performances by our O, just the sloppiness,  the penalties and turnovers.  YET we still overcame all that and got a commanding W over a pesky team. 

That to me shows a true Championship mentality on this team. When things aren't going as planned but you still keep your composure and come away with a W. 

8-3 after 11 games. Fluke play away from 9-2..

7 of those games were versus a team with winning record! 

Our record is proof that we're a very good team and we've proven we can hang with anyone.  

Can't WAIT to hand Pit their first loss. I have us pegged at 12-4 heading into the playoffs. 

Thanks.  Some Bills "fans" would nitpick the style of a superbowl victory.  

5 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

AZ was a 1 possession game though. 

Huge difference.  

My point was that we controlled the whole 60 minutes vs a very pesky team, capable of playing with basically anybody in this league. 

Exactly.  Same here!!

Were no Kansas city chiefs though so our team isn't good haha thats all this is.  If we were winning games like our game against the rams every week where we gave up a big lead then needed a miraculous game winning drive to win the game id be more inclined to agree with these people but alot of these games have been comfortable victories that made people nervous because of painful flashbacks of past bills teams blowing games 🤣 we wouldve had two wins like that if we had pulled out the cardinals game which seems pretty average and would not be enough to classify most of our wins as magical unsustainable wins lol the dolphins game we went down late in the 3rd quarter and immediately took the lead back if im remembering correctly. Not to mention that ridiculous rams comeback was aided by one of the worst calls in nfl history lol.  Were not any luckier than any other team...fumbled bounced our way in the pats game...we got a tricky tack pi call in the rams game...but also on the flipside we got beat by an absurd hail mary in the cardinals game.  The chargers hail mary was not even remotely close to the cardinals one...it didn't reach the end zone and they had to race down the field to either spike the ball or run a play.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

It was a win with some good and some bad.

It was a win against a flawed west coast team playing on the east coast. Bills D appeared to play better but Herbert also was off target early and often.  Other than one 30 yard run, they seemed to defend the run well.  D had some nice stops after the turnovers.  

People seem to think Edmunds played better. I didn't see it though.  Very few impact plays.  Missed knocking the ball down on the TD pass.  I didn't see him make any big mistakes in the run game.   The long run given up was Klein's hole and terrible run support by White.  

Bills rushed the passer reasonably well.  They did not pass block well at all.  It was hard to tell on TV but I suspect they were defending the deep ball and doubling Diggs.  Allen and Daboll adjusted reasonably well.  

Sitting Murphy was a fine decision as Epenesa played ok and should benefit from the increased snaps.

Sitting Kroft for Gilliam still made no sense. 

Not sure why Josh Norman didn't get more snaps.  I like Levi but I would have guessed they would have rotated Norman in there for a few drives.  Also unsure why he was not on the filed for the hail mary.  Tauron Johnson looks like the smallest DB on the team and Norman is the tallest I think.  They had both Klein and Edmuinds on th efield for the 4th and forever.  Makes no sense.  

I agree with most of this.

1 thing I'd like to add input to is the Edmunds conversation. 

He has been a different player since Seattle.  I'm assuming his shoulder or arm fully healed around that time. And Klein has benefited big time.  As will Milano. 

Klein is a great blitzer . 

Your other points, I see where you're coming from,  but don't necessarily agree with....

9 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I appreciate the optimism but the fact we beat them by "double digits" imo is one of the most meaningless stats of all time.    They missed an extra point and were stopped at the one yard line as time expired, it was hardly felt like a "double digit " type win in the last 4 minutes of the game.  

Excuses for the opponent,  but none for the Bills, that seems to be a theme for many here, win or lose..  

Go Bills!!!

21 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

when you give up the ball 3 times late in a game and you still win by double digits, it's not a bad thing.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, teef said:

when you give up the ball 3 times late in a game and you still win by double digits, it's not a bad thing.

Obviously.  As I said, a win is a win.  Be it by 1 or double digits doesn't matter to me. 

But if you want to discuss qualitatively/analytically, one  has to recognize the Chargers decision making was laughable at the end.  A lengthy huddle and running the ball with under a minute and no time outs or how about the last beautiful play of the game, Herbert went in a for QB sneak while the O Line appeared to be setting up for pass protection.  Yes we won by double digits but we were assisted.  If I am on Charger fan i say we lost by double digits due to our own inherent bad decisions.