Just want to throw this stat out there for anyone not satisfied with the LA game

JerseyBills

The Bills were the 1st team to beat the Chargers by double digits.  With now 8 losses, that is pretty impressive on the Chargers part.  The only other teams to not lose by double digits? The undefeated Steelers and 1 loss Chiefs. Just some context that these Chargers are not your average 3-8 team. 

They've been close in literally every game. We didn't  trail for 1 second of this game,  even with 3 turnovers in 7 plays. This was one of the worse performances by our O, just the sloppiness,  the penalties and turnovers.  YET we still overcame all that and got a commanding W over a pesky team. 

That to me shows a true Championship mentality on this team. When things aren't going as planned but you still keep your composure and come away with a W. 

8-3 after 11 games. Fluke play away from 9-2..

7 of those games were versus a team with winning record! 

Our record is proof that we're a very good team and we've proven we can hang with anyone.  

Can't WAIT to hand Pit their first loss. I have us pegged at 12-4 heading into the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

You should be posting over in the depressed-feeling fan's thread? :beer: 

I actually did. I tried to cheer the poor guy up. 

It makes me wonder, do ppl not watch other games?

It is NOT easy to win in this league.  

Unless you're playing the God awful Jets 😂

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I appreciate the optimism but the fact we beat them by "double digits" imo is one of the most meaningless stats of all time.    They missed an extra point and were stopped at the one yard line as time expired, it was hardly felt like a "double digit " type win in the last 4 minutes of the game.  

But the Bills stopped them at the one yard line.  That counts.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I appreciate the optimism but the fact we beat them by "double digits" imo is one of the most meaningless stats of all time.    They missed an extra point and were stopped at the one yard line as time expired, it was hardly felt like a "double digit " type win in the last 4 minutes of the game.  

The end of the game was garbage time potential

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

They stopped a garbage time TD . 

That doesn't take away from the fact that Buf controlled the whole game, never trailed for 1 second. 

I guess that was my whole point. This LAC team has taken the Chiefs,Bucs and Saints to the wire. Even if they score there, it wouldn't have left them enough time to get an onside kick and another score. This team is no joke.

58 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

The Bills were the 1st team to beat the Chargers by double digits.  With now 8 losses, that is pretty impressive on the Chargers part.  The only other teams to not lose by double digits? The undefeated Steelers and 1 loss Chiefs. Just some context that these Chargers are not your average 3-8 team. 

They've been close in literally every game. We didn't  trail for 1 second of this game,  even with 3 turnovers in 7 plays. This was one of the worse performances by our O, just the sloppiness,  the penalties and turnovers.  YET we still overcame all that and got a commanding W over a pesky team. 

That to me shows a true Championship mentality on this team. When things aren't going as planned but you still keep your composure and come away with a W. 

Our record is proof that we're a very good team and we've proven we can hang with anyone.  

Can't WAIT to hand Pit their first loss. I have us pegged at 12-4 heading into the playoffs. 

I think we all know that this is a good Bills team that can make the playoffs.  The bigger concern is what happens in the playoffs and whether the Bills are a “great” team.  The Bills have made the playoffs on 2 out of the past 3 seasons, after going nearly 20 seasons without ever getting that far - so the standards are raised.   Making the playoffs is nice, but it isn’t good enough like it was a few years ago.  

I think the concern is if this teams turns the ball over 3 times in 7 plays against a better opponent like they’ll face in the postseason.  It almost certainly means they’d lose.  

• Like (+1) 1

Buffalo was up 7 with 5 minutes left chargers had the ball. We should’ve already been up two scores if the offense could’ve pulled their head out of their collective rear ends. 
This take sums it up for me

Wins are hard, and we didn’t have them for years, so I appreciate and enjoy all 8 of them. I can at the same time be frustrated that the only thing between this team and real super bowl contention is consistency.

Most think we are a year away. I don’t. The only thing holding us back is us. Our execution and mental focus. 

I’ll take the 8-3 record but I want more because we have the talent to get more now. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Taro Nimbus said:

Some fans will never be happy unless the Bills beat every opponent by 20+ points, and have 600 yards of total offense. All while keeping the opponents to 10 points or less.   

With an actual good coach and some talent and players who wanted to win, that hypothetical team that has never existed could have 30+ pts, 750 yards of total offense while shutting out the opponents. Sorry, I'm just a hypothetical realist. 

• Haha (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I actually did. I tried to cheer the poor guy up. 

It makes me wonder, do ppl not watch other games?

It is NOT easy to win in this league.  

Unless you're playing the God awful Jets 😂

Truly. I usually watch a few games a week and I see the same mistakes in nearly every single game, including from the "elite" teams.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

mattered to the betters who took the Chargers and the points. 🙂 

31 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Yeah we were 6inches from it possibly  ending in a 2point win.

11 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Well that is true, it is also "garbage" to boast that we won by double digits but that is just my opinion.  

And i recall the garbage time to end the Arizona game as well.

AZ was a 1 possession game though. 

Huge difference.  

My point was that we controlled the whole 60 minutes vs a very pesky team, capable of playing with basically anybody in this league. 

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

Truly. I usually watch a few games a week and I see the same mistakes in nearly every single game, including from the "elite" teams.

Exactly.  Same here!!

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

are you some kind of troublemaker ? (sarcasm)

• Haha (+1) 1