Romo as full time Brady apologist...

Jamie Mueller

7 minutes ago, dneveu said:

He did make a valid point regarding their offense and how its confused about who it wants to be.  They run the ball well and play action with 2 TEs but then you have Godwin/brown on the bench.  Then when they put all their WRs out there they run a very vertical offense without play action.  

He wasn't wrong about Brady still having some life left in his arm. If their offense is clicking by the end of the season, they have enough weapons, and a good enough defense.

26 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

The nerve!! Oh my God!!

OK so who has so much of a better shot at making the SB from the NFC if not Tampa? Saints, yeah if Brees is healthy and even then Brees isn't the same guy as he was a couple years ago. Seattle, with that defense, maybe.  Green Bay, they've been as erratic as Tampa Bay and can say the same about LA too and probably even AZ.   What QB has the best track record of playing at a higher level in the playoffs?  I can't think of anyone other than ole Tommy boy!   They have a good shot at playing the NFC East division winner in the first round of playoffs.  Love him or hate him he is still the GOAT

It's kind of funny that you go out of your way to start a thread condemning Romo for giving what you feel is undeserving praise to Brady, and then you go out of your way to give undeserving blame to him. 

I think that ole Tommy's gonna find out that the playoffs have a whole different feel to them when you don't have home field throughout the playoffs by virtue of going 8-0 inside the division.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TuelTime said:

He wasn't wrong about Brady still having some life left in his arm. If their offense is clicking by the end of the season, they have enough weapons, and a good enough defense.

One could argue too many weapons it seems.  They need to look at it the NE way.  What does your opponent struggle with?  And gameplan around that.  

You got a 2 year window - its not the time to be selfish.

46 minutes ago, papazoid said:

this just shows how important continuity is....

even the GOAT can have trouble with new coaches, teammates and playbook.

but it sure is fun watching him struggle.

Or he is in his 40's and isn't good anymore...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jamie Mueller said:

I think that ole Tommy's gonna find out that the playoffs have a whole different feel to them when you don't have home field throughout the playoffs by virtue of going 8-0 inside the division.

Well the problem is this year, home field will be worth much less than in prior years. No screaming fan and outside of Green Bay, there's really not any bad weather cities either, worst of the rest could be Giants stadium or maybe Seattle. 

Yes going 8-0 in division helped, but he still did OK in playoffs

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Announcers are aware of who fans tune in for. They are not going to take a dump on an NFL marquee attraction, even when deserved.

Apparently Gannon decided Lynn wasn't who the fans tuned in for. They almost needed to stop the broadcast and call 911 because Gannon was murdering Lynn on live TV...

Edited by matter2003

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

Apparently Gannon decided Lynn wasn't who the fans tuned in for. They almost needed to stop the broadcast and call 911 because Gannon was murdering Lynn on live TV...

I missed all that because I decided to sync the Murph & Tasker call to my TV.

7 minutes ago, Jamie Mueller said:

Brady was so good he got 2 extra division wins credited to him every year apparently. This is how legends get talked about doing bigger than life things after they leave...

Brady won 8 division games every year even though they only play 6. Next thing it will be reported that fans used to see him fly through the air to Gillette Stadium with his superman cape on every game day.

Edited by matter2003
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

And Lynn deserved it all. He was horrible.

I took a peak at the Chargers message boards after the game and it was not pretty. Fans seem to hate Lynn and have wanted him fired for a long time now.

He just isn't qualified to be a head coach.

Just now, Jamie Mueller said:

New Englanders aside... I'm pretty sure that people are pretty much split on Tom Brady. 

I think there are way more "low-information" NFL fans that only know the biggest stars and "root" for them accordingly. 

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

I took a peak at the Chargers message boards after the game and it was not pretty. Fans seem to hate Lynn and have wanted him fired for a long time now.

The Chargers have a message board?

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

His Press Conference after the game wasn't any better. He got argumentative and then confused and then his explanations didn't make much sense. If you want to laugh you should go listen to it.

Edited by matter2003

Just now, matter2003 said:

His Press Conference after the game wasn't any better. He got argumentative and then confused and then his explanations didn't make much sense. If you want to laugh you should go read it.

I've been critical of Lynn ever since he left Buffalo. He went from a running backs coach to a head coach. I just didn't think he had enough experience. He wasn't even a coordinator.

1 hour ago, Beast said:

I genuinely liked Romo the first couple years in the booth.

Now? Not so much. He's starting to have a John Madden feel to him. In other words, a little of him goes a long way

"That was a bad time to throw an interception"

favorite madden line of all time

33 minutes ago, TuelTime said:

Those deep balls from him looked like the TB QBs in Tecmo Bowl throwing lollipops that took 10 seconds to come down...

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

I was shocked when he said that. Jim Nantz was quite surprised by Romo's comment on that too.

Romo tried to walk it back a bit, and explain that the Buccaneers have a shot at the Super Bowl.

I only saw the ending of the game, and I'm glad, because the whole Jedi master & padawan stuff was cringeworthy to listen to.

I'm really hoping that Tampa Bay misses the playoffs, that would be most delightful.

And NE.  That would be the daily double.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

I was shocked when he said that. Jim Nantz was quite surprised by Romo's comment on that too.

Romo tried to walk it back a bit, and explain that the Buccaneers have a shot at the Super Bowl.

I only saw the ending of the game, and I'm glad, because the whole Jedi master & padawan stuff was cringeworthy to listen to.

I'm really hoping that Tampa Bay misses the playoffs, that would be most delightful.

He sure did.

I think Romo got too full of himself as a commentator, read too many of his press clippings, now he think he is the self appointed expert on the game.  He has to to learn temper and modulate himself.