Figured out why I feel amazing as a fan currently... Sean McDermott is an elite head coach.

DollaBills

35 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I'm sorry he doesn't inspire you. He's really bad at the whole pumping the media and the fans up, definitely a bad line on his resume...we all know the coaches that do this well tend to win more games. It's such a shame he connects with the players and motivates them. I hate when players love their coach and are winning footballs games. 

I watched him get outfoxed this year by so many great coaches, the likes of Sean McVay, Bill Belichick, Pete Carroll and Jon Gruden. I really wish he could have beat those guys this year, because if he had we'd be around 1st place in the division!

That voice thing?

Think it's found

• Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I wonder if it would bother you if I posted a thread saying I think McDermott is an elite coach and will win multiple Super Bowls during his tenure. That is arguably much more unrealistic than what I'm saying, but I suspect it would be welcomed.

One this board that's the only type of response allowed. Sunshine and lollypops.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Belichick
Tomlin
Vrabel
Reid
Payton
Shanahan

These are the best coaches in the NFL... They either have next-level smarts or an elite ability to motivate players to perform.

McDermott is a solid playoff coach, but not a championship coach, I fear... So Bills fans are like, "We're 8-3! Enjoy it!" But I see a frustrating period of good-but-not-good-enough on the horizon for the foreseeable future.

And that's depressing. I am absolutely not of the "Hey, it's Buffalo; at least we're winning" type of mentality. It's championships or nothing. That is the life goal. And with McDermott signing a long-term contract, I almost feel as hopeless as I would if we sucked. If we sucked, at least there would be hope of striking coaching gold on an imminent hire. In this case, though, I feel like we'll just be a solid playoff team for the next many years, but not elite enough to win it all.

Delete!!!!!

2 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Belichick
Tomlin
Vrabel
Reid
Payton
Shanahan

These are the best coaches in the NFL... They either have next-level smarts or an elite ability to motivate players to perform.

McDermott is a solid playoff coach, but not a championship coach, I fear... So Bills fans are like, "We're 8-3! Enjoy it!" But I see a frustrating period of good-but-not-good-enough on the horizon for the foreseeable future.

And that's depressing. I am absolutely not of the "Hey, it's Buffalo; at least we're winning" type of mentality. It's championships or nothing. That is the life goal. And with McDermott signing a long-term contract, I almost feel as hopeless as I would if we sucked. If we sucked, at least there would be hope of striking coaching gold on an imminent hire. In this case, though, I feel like we'll just be a solid playoff team for the next many years, but not elite enough to win it all.

We lost on a fluke last second play and got beat by the #2 and #3 teams in the NFL. 8 wins in the other games.

How many players remain from our 2018 team which was atrocious and yet we STILL cobbled together a playoff berth?

Dude, he has one year with a decent team and a second year QB in 2019... so ummm maybe it's you with the problem?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Andy1 said:

They say the same thing about every coach until they win the SB. They said that about Reid for years, until he found Mahomes.

This. 

In fact, even after .....

I think it was as recently as Mahomes first season playing, 2018 - the Chiefs lost the conference championship in OT to the NE Patriots and one of the pundits, think it was Tony Dungy, said straight out "the Kansas City Chiefs may win a Superbowl but they will not win it with Andy Reid as their coach"

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This. 

In fact, even after .....

I think it was as recently as Mahomes first season playing, 2018 - the Chiefs lost the conference championship in OT to the NE Patriots and one of the pundits, think it was Tony Dungy, said straight out "the Kansas City Chiefs may win a Superbowl but they will not win it with Andy Reid as their coach"

I think that's right, and allow me to point out the irony of Dungy saying that.  TB won a SB... after Dungy was fired.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Again, 8-3/division means little if you're going nowhere in the conference. Just being good isn't good enough.

It seems like you're of the "At least we're good/it could be a lot worse" mentality, which I don't subscribe to at all.

I do agree they have to win a playoff game this year as one and done won't cut it, but this team is heading the right direction. Probably going to win the division for the first time in a long time.  It took Parcells five years before he won a Super Bowl with the Giants in 1986. His first year (1981) they went 3-12-1. Give it time. Both Beane and McDermott are doing a good job so far.

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Unbelievable...sometimes I wish a board existed that we could go to that eliminated nonsense threads like this. It is depressing for me to have to come to thia board and read this type of content.

What if I told you that when we eliminate truly nonsensical threads and send crusading offenders about their business....we are regularly tucked-into as a board where negative viewpoints are censored and not allowed?  😱

• Like (+1) 1