Figured out why I feel amazing as a fan currently... Sean McDermott is an elite head coach.

DollaBills

McDermott was more responsible for tonight's win than anybody else on the team. Last year he wrote the book on how to defend Lamar Jackson; tonight he perfected it. I hope next year he hires an experienced OC because that is really all this coaching staff is missing.

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, HappyDays said:

McDermott was more responsible for tonight's win than anybody else on the team. Last year he wrote the book on how to defend Lamar Jackson; tonight he perfected it. I hope next year he hires an experienced OC because that is really all this coaching staff is missing.

Daboll is still here ;) 

Until he gets a HC  job the Bills are set.

If he does get a HC job I hope they promote one of his disciples and keep most of the playbook.

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Revisionist history, I see.  Fortunately for the OP's sake.  As for deleting it, a lot of us are archivists. 😁

Cut the poor guy some slack......he just took a lot longer to come around than some fans.

Me..... I Billieved from day one ...he is everything Wrex wasn't  :)

Down to earth....... doesn't say much........gives his coaches and players props.

Salt of the earth type guy you would love to play for.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Daboll is still here ;) 

Until he gets a HC  job the Bills are set.

If he does get a HC job I hope they promote one of his disciples and keep most of the playbook.

Looks like the Chargers hiring him is already a done deal, they're just waiting for him to be available. If McDermott wants to hire internally for DC that's fine, the defense is his show anyways. For the offense I would much prefer someone with experience calling plays. Imagine if we got Pederson or O'Brien or even Lynn. We'd have an elite coaching staff.

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Looks like the Chargers hiring him is already a done deal, they're just waiting for him to be available. If McDermott wants to hire internally for DC that's fine, the defense is his show anyways. For the offense I would much prefer someone with experience calling plays. Imagine if we got Pederson or O'Brien or even Lynn. We'd have an elite coaching staff.

I'd rather keep Daboll but I agree he is likely gone. Definitely do not want Lynn. He has never coordinated an offense and his playcalling experience was for a run heavy team. 

We won't need to hire a DC. Leslie will still be here IMO.

On 11/30/2020 at 12:19 PM, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

***EDIT: Sean McDermott is an elite head coach. He can coach the Bills to a Super Bowl win; I have no doubt.***

Original god-awful post:

Figured out why I feel depressed as a fan currently... Sean McDermott is not good enough.

Belichick
Tomlin
Vrabel
Reid
Payton
Shanahan

These are the best coaches in the NFL... They either have next-level smarts or an elite ability to motivate players to perform.

McDermott is a solid playoff coach, but not a championship coach, I fear... So Bills fans are like, "We're 8-3! Enjoy it!" But I see a frustrating period of good-but-not-good-enough on the horizon for the foreseeable future.

And that's depressing. I am absolutely not of the "Hey, it's Buffalo; at least we're winning" type of mentality. It's championships or nothing. That is the life goal. And with McDermott signing a long-term contract, I almost feel as hopeless as I would if we sucked. If we sucked, at least there would be hope of striking coaching gold on an imminent hire. In this case, though, I feel like we'll just be a solid playoff team for the next many years, but not elite enough to win it all.

The rollercoaster goes up up up....

• Haha (+1) 2