Figured out why I feel amazing as a fan currently... Sean McDermott is an elite head coach.

DollaBills

McD does a good job at learning from mistakes when you give him time to digest it. I’m not worried long term, but it frustrated the hell outta me when they didn’t change anything or try something else out when the “soft zone” wasn’t working. 

Coaches are their own worst enemies in the moment with their egos. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Can you not remember Rex's defenses then... they were only 4 and 5 years ago? What about Wannatasche? 

100% but they didn’t do nearly enough today.  Douche Kelce and the child beater killed them.  It was eye opening.  Milano was easily exploited all day, we had no pass rush and Tre was not great either.  Obviously KC is elite but we need more.

I think Star opting out hurt our scheme all year and we mostly made the best of it.  I’m not sure where we can get the following:

An elite pass rusher

Some solidification/depth on the DL in the middle.  Is that Star?

Better linebackers.  I am very pro Edmunds and Milano has a place but not at the price he will require.  Drafting someone there would be my preference.

On O we’re pretty clearly generally in good shape.  I worry about Brown’s longevity and the run blocking.  A legit TE wouldn’t hurt.

We’re better than almost every team in the league but a few steps behind KC.

• Agree 1

No killer instinct...despite first playoff appearance in years, now first AFC championship in years... 

Yeah maybe we should just cut our losses, and I don’t know, give Josh McDaniels or somebody a ring.

Board is going to be madness this week.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Worstcaseontario said:

Not going on 4th and shorts was a bad decision

So instead of losing by 14, you'd been happier losing by 20 or 23?

Do you actually feel like the Bills could have completed a pass or ran the ball to score?  From what I saw tonight, the odds were very low of that happening.

• Like (+1) 1

The FG from the 2 yard line was bad.  The other decision was to go for 2 down 17.  you kick the XP to make it a two score game.  When the Bills failed the try, it became a 3 score game.  It was worse when we recovered the onside kick.  We had no chance down 3 scores.  I keep waiting for McD to eliminate his game management mistakes.  Well, there's always next year.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

and you made this assessment after just watching them play against the Best Offense in the NFL?

Collectively all season.  They had a couple games they played well but overall it was tough to watch.  Last years D was light years ahead of this one.  

11 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

100% but they didn’t do nearly enough today.  Douche Kelce and the child beater killed them.  It was eye opening.  Milano was easily exploited all day, we had no pass rush and Tre was not great either.  Obviously KC is elite but we need more.

I think Star opting out hurt our scheme all year and we mostly made the best of it.  I’m not sure where we can get the following:

An elite pass rusher

Some solidification/depth on the DL in the middle.  Is that Star?

Better linebackers.  I am very pro Edmunds and Milano has a place but not at the price he will require.  Drafting someone there would be my preference.

On O we’re pretty clearly generally in good shape.  I worry about Brown’s longevity and the run blocking.  A legit TE wouldn’t hurt.

We’re better than almost every team in the league but a few steps behind KC.

Largely agree. We need a difference maker in the front 7 and we don't have one and our one elite difference maker on the backend - Tre - is not a good matchup against their best guy in Hill. So where against some other teams we can lock Tre on to their #1 and then play 10 v 10 we don't even have that option against KC. It's a puzzle but one I believe our staff have earned enough credit to be trusted to solve... or get closer at least. 

20 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So instead of losing by 14, you'd been happier losing by 20 or 23?

Do you actually feel like the Bills could have completed a pass or ran the ball to score?  From what I saw tonight, the odds were very low of that happening.

The odds were low but that doesn't change the fact that you can't trade TDs for FGs against a team you can't stop. Sometimes you gotta go all in even when the odds are against you.

I thought McD made some bad decisions tonight but I also don't think that's why we lost. Sometimes you just tip your hat to a better team. 

In regards to Mcdermott and Allen, I think we are better off looking at both of them as very good rather than elite.. until they perform elitely in the elite games. 

Most other teams would want them but yesterday was a reminder of what elite is. 

Edited by london_bills