Figured out why I feel amazing as a fan currently... Sean McDermott is an elite head coach.

DollaBills

20 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Belichick
Tomlin
Vrabel
Reid
Payton
Shanahan

These are the best coaches in the NFL... They either have next-level smarts or an elite ability to motivate players to perform.

McDermott is a solid playoff coach, but not a championship coach, I fear... So Bills fans are like, "We're 8-3! Enjoy it!" But I see a frustrating period of good-but-not-good-enough on the horizon for the foreseeable future.

And that's depressing. I am absolutely not of the "Hey, it's Buffalo; at least we're winning" type of mentality. It's championships or nothing. That is the life goal. And with McDermott signing a long-term contract, I almost feel as hopeless as I would if we sucked. If we sucked, at least there would be hope of striking coaching gold on an imminent hire. In this case, though, I feel like we'll just be a solid playoff team for the next many years, but not elite enough to win it all.

you just felt the need to add to all the great posts/threads today, eh.

200.gif

Edited by A Firm Tree Does Not Fear

McDermott is a better coach than he was in 2017. He has some really good coordinators around him as well. Andy Reid is a HOF coach. Sean Payton is likely a HOF coach. Belicheat is a HOF coach. Tomlin is a HOF coach. Vrabel is alright, but the jury is still out on him. He's also quite an arrogant son of a biscuit. Shanahan has had his hands in teams coughing up leads in two SB's, one the biggest debacle of all time in SB history. I like the guys we have and hope they stay together for at least two more years to see this thing through. We WILL be bringing a Lombardi home to Buffalo if that happens within that time. 

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Belichick
Tomlin
Vrabel
Reid
Payton
Shanahan

These are the best coaches in the NFL... They either have next-level smarts or an elite ability to motivate players to perform.

McDermott is a solid playoff coach, but not a championship coach, I fear... So Bills fans are like, "We're 8-3! Enjoy it!" But I see a frustrating period of good-but-not-good-enough on the horizon for the foreseeable future.

And that's depressing. I am absolutely not of the "Hey, it's Buffalo; at least we're winning" type of mentality. It's championships or nothing. That is the life goal. And with McDermott signing a long-term contract, I almost feel as hopeless as I would if we sucked. If we sucked, at least there would be hope of striking coaching gold on an imminent hire. In this case, though, I feel like we'll just be a solid playoff team for the next many years, but not elite enough to win it all.

gene1973 is the only poster that reacted positively to your post.  just consider that for a minute.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Belichick
Tomlin
Vrabel
Reid
Payton
Shanahan

image.jpeg.95145fe134636c4c76c64d8fda9d14f7.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Belichick
Tomlin
Vrabel
Reid
Payton
Shanahan

I think you need to take a break from football.  How about you draw a nice warm bath, pick up that neglected collection of Sylvia Plath, pop a few sedatives and drift off into to a deep long sleep.  

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I believe you would be held responsible if he does this.  You better hope he hates baths.

He's a classic across the tracks, cry for help type guy.  Just wants attention.   Not a true down down the street , close the deal type guy.

34 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Belichick
Tomlin
Vrabel
Reid
Payton
Shanahan

If McD is the weak link (I'm using Dungy as being fired as HC from TB as a guide), and he's replaced by a HC who can get the Bills to a SB and win it, then one would think that this is a good problem to have, no?

The Bills are good, friend.  They're seemingly not SB good, but definitely good.  Let's cross the HC bridge if we come to it.

• Like (+1) 2

I get the sentiment. McDermott inspires very little confidence when you hear him speak. He doesn't appear to be a guy who can match wits with a good coach, let alone outfox one. I'm also of the belief that Bills' ceiling is capped with him and that does lead to a certain apathy. But worse coaches than him have gotten lucky here and there. It really all rests on how good Allen can be and how much talent Beane can surround him with.

• Like (+1) 1