Reserve Kicker on PS

mushypeaches

2 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

The problem become if you lose your kicker on a Saturday and don't have time to sign a guy and clear him through protocols.  You put him on the PS just to get him through protocol in advance.  IMO this NEEDS to happen. Kickers don't matter until they matter.  I don't want to go into a playoff game with no kicker because we didn't both to stash one.

Sure, but you rarely lose your kicker on Saturday.  You lose him on Sunday, when he gets injured.   How many kickers have been lost to COVID this year?   How many to injury?

26 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Sure, but you rarely lose your kicker on Saturday.  You lose him on Sunday, when he gets injured.   How many kickers have been lost to COVID this year?   How many to injury?

LITERALLY the 1st team I checked for a PK on their PS was the Patriots*.

They have a kicker on their PS.

The OP @mushypeaches has a legitimate point.

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

gotta believe they have a plan of some kind.  

I guess that’s the whole jist behind this thread. What would it hurt to have a kicker/punter on the practice squad? Imagine Bass testing positive the night before a playoff game?

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I wouldn't be opposed to having a reserve kicker, but its more likely you can get through a game without a kicker/punter/LS than say a QB.

Just go for two and squib kick with whoever volunteers. It won't be pretty, but it wouldn't be a disaster 

I bet there is some one on the team that can kick a football halfway decently. Or did it in high school xp and kickoff wise.

kickers are often pretty isolated anyway. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

51 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

How many teams lost all their QB’s to Covid restrictions before this past week?

We are talking a practice squad spot.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Kwai San said:

Not trying to be an azz but how does KO live for this?  I'm not getting it.  I like the idea tho....I would NOT want to see Fromm trotted out there as the one who needs to win a ball game.

Let’s face it, if we have to trot Barkley out there to win a ball game we are already an object attached to another object by an incline plane wrapped helically around an axis.

• Haha (+1) 2