completely crazy NFL story I was unaware of - Vikings snow game in 1969

dave mcbride

I love the happy cheerful music and the matter of factness of him talking about how 40000 fans watched as the balloon took the kid out over the light tower and dumped him in the icy Minnesota river.

Then said the teams had a tough act to follow as if that was something amazing that happened.

ROFLMAO!!!!

• Haha (+1) 2

When I saw the title I thought of a totally different Vikings snow game:  I was at the 12/20/75 season finale at Rich Stadium. The Bills lost 35-13 and the fans got pretty unruly in the stands.  Spectators started throwing snowballs at the Vikings bench.  After the game Bud Grant was livid & blasted Buffalo's fans.  Well the next week the Vikings had a home playoff game and someone threw a bottle at the ref's head.  For some reason I felt happy that the very next week Grant's own fans proved themselves to be worse than the Bills fans Grant was so angry at.  

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

When I saw the title I thought of a totally different Vikings snow game:  I was at the 12/20/75 season finale at Rich Stadium. The Bills lost 35-13 and the fans got pretty unruly in the stands.  Spectators started throwing snowballs at the Vikings bench.  After the game Bud Grant was livid & blasted Buffalo's fans.  Well the next week the Vikings had a home playoff game and someone threw a bottle at the ref's head.  For some reason I felt happy that the very next week Grant's own fans proved themselves to be worse than the Bills fans Grant was so angry at.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Beast said:

Kids were tougher back then.

LOL

Kids are resilient.

I left one at a funeral parlor once.

The wife was distraught and we left the little tyke there in the funeral parlor all day. All day. We went back at night and apparently he had been alone all day with the corpse. He was okay though, after two, three weeks he came around and started talking again...

• Haha (+1) 8

16 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Kids are resilient.

I left one at a funeral parlor once.

The wife was distraught and we left the little tyke there in the funeral parlor all day. All day. We went back at night and apparently he had been alone all day with the corpse. He was okay though, after two, three weeks he came around and started talking again...

Am I a bad person that this made me laugh and not just a little???  Dang that was funny!

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

1975 started out so promising, 4-0...then inconsistency settled in and the Bills finished an underwhelming 8-6.

This was the killer game of that season: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/197510260buf.htm.

This is painful to read: https://www.nytimes.com/1975/10/27/archives/dolphins-rally-to-conquer-bills-3530-5th-in-row-for-miamioj-is-held.html

Edited by dave mcbride