Ottoman Flip

There's probably some sort of weird psychology involved (whaddya think Hammersticks?) but I only tend to be destructive when I'm celebrating.

A couple examples:

> When we took that late lead right before the Music City Miracle I grabbed a 'puter chair and fired it so hard that it cartwheeled at least 30', out of the living room, all the way through the dining room and still flew into the kitchen moving so fast that it put a big dent in the fridge.

> When Jim Kelly dove over the goalline on the last play of the game on that uncalled QB draw to beat the Dolphins I ran out of the living room onto the deck, right through a sliding screen door that ended up totally mangled.

> On the Mayday goal I flipped a coffee table hard enough that one of the empty beer cans on it flew up and broke a bulb in the light fixture on the ceiling.

The only time I can recall ever breaking anything in anger is tearing a remote in half once, at which point I was instantly madder at myself than at the game. :blush:

• Haha (+1) 1

I’ve had 2 small Bills footballs for over 20 years. One is really soft like a marshmallow and can be launched at the tv, dog, my kid, etc with zero impact. That one gets a lot of use. The other has some mechanism in it that when dropped, it plays the Shout song, or has Van Miller yelling “Touchdown Bills!” I have no idea how this thing keeps going, but it does!

I’ve never broken anything over a Bills game, or is this even about the Bills or me. A friend of mine’s father, who was a NYC cop shot their TV during a Yankee’s game. Pretty drastic, I’m guessing alcohol was involved. When ever I’ve felt like breaking something over Bills game I think of this.

Edited by chris heff

3 hours ago, dneveu said:

I mean i may have yelled "fall on the F*****G ball!!!!!" to no one in particular as my wife was upstairs not watching the game.

I literally yelled the same thing. 😂

At that point in the game,  I was in my basement,  away from everybody and they know by now not to bother me until the game's over. 

Then 5 or so minutes later I'm screaming TRE DAY , TRE DAY at the top of my lungs as White baited the rookie and made an excellent break on the ball.

They definitely think I'm nuts😁😂😂🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Never broke anything but almost choked to death while watching Bills vs Jets game years ago. Watching with a friend who was a Jets fan I inhaled a chicken wing when someone fumbled or something thought I was done for sure. He gave me the Heimlich and saved my life. Darn JETS!!!    

Edited by ALLEN1QB

I had a cowboys buddy back in the day that totally destroyed all of his cowboys stuff after a loss in the playoffs. 

I just yell like a maniac while keeping my stuff and house intact.

Take Monday off from espn,nfl network,etc til mnf, back right by Tuesday. Still sickening

11 minutes ago, Freak-O said:

Not sports related but my NES controllers had teeth marks on them during my teenage years. 

I haven't smashed a controller since original xbox, so i think i've improved on my anger management.

I also stopped playing madden so that probably helps too.  

Edited by dneveu

Confession: I've side-kicked (umm, commonly known as "smashed through") 3 TVs over the years.

Set-up: based in CA for 25+ yrs, but mostly was overseas. So actually getting to watch a BB game was a precious--and emotional--commodity.

Events: (1) Post-4th SB loss, after returning from a month "up north". Watching at a secret squirrel location in Bahrain, so at least it was a US government tv.

(2) MC Miracle, but I had enough control to wait until the review confirmation...

and it was in my own home.

(3) Circa 2012(?), first day back from an Iraq deployment--"evolutions" in our parlance. Early in a very Bill-sy blowout with me yelling "I came back for this s**t!" Unfortunately, it was my gf's tv. She was not, let's say, exactly supportive.

My defense: never stupid enough to actually punch the target.

Summary: Forgive me board, for I have sinned. And, ya know, "Hello therapy."

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Chris from Rochester said:

After a Josh turnover yesterday, I was extra annoyed, flipped my ottoman and it ended up breaking the screen on my fireplace. My stupidity caused me to miss the pick by White as I had to look online to find a replacement screen.

This got me thinking, over the years what have you broken because of over emotion during games, or is it just me and if so the names of any good anger management places would be appreciated :) 

I broke an ottoman when Stevie Johnson dropped that TD vs. Pittsburgh.  It was inadvertent, I stood with my hands up when I saw he had a chance and then just Hulk smashed when he dropped it.   I also accidentally pulled some stitches in my mouth screaming at my TV during the Titans Forward Lateral.  I had wisdom teeth removed the day before and I wasn't fully with it so I plead mental incompetence on that one.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, goldenboy81 said:

I had a cowboys buddy back in the day that totally destroyed all of his cowboys stuff after a loss in the playoffs. 

I just yell like a maniac while keeping my stuff and house intact.

Take Monday off from espn,nfl network,etc til mnf, back right by Tuesday. Still sickening

My brother ripped down all his bills stuff when they lost the 3rd super bowl i think?  I was only like 6 and he was like 16 at the time... He still doesn't trust the bills.

Also last year when they lost the playoff game I may have continued drinking into the wee hours and repeatedly said - this is the worst day of my life, why does this happen?!

5 hours ago, Chris from Rochester said:

After a Josh turnover yesterday, I was extra annoyed, flipped my ottoman and it ended up breaking the screen on my fireplace. My stupidity caused me to miss the pick by White as I had to look online to find a replacement screen.

This got me thinking, over the years what have you broken because of over emotion during games, or is it just me and if so the names of any good anger management places would be appreciated :) 

Nothing. I don’t let something I have no control over upset me THAT much.