Ottoman Flip

After so many years of getting burned by the Bills, I mostly watch the game in a vegetated state, showing almost no emotion. I almost never cheer, because I am so worried about the late flag flying in to negate a big play.  At most, I wait a full 10 seconds almost after a play, and then do a subdued arm raise or mimed McDermott clap.

• Haha (+1) 1

Two Bills related injuries.

First was when I was in Buffalo.

Near the end of Oct., and my mother told me I had to get the "storm windows" cleaned on that Sunday so they could be installed the next day.

Tried to do it at halftime of the normal Van Miller radio call of a home game. 

Rushing, I accidently put my knee through the bottom panel of one of them. Bleeding like crazy, spent the second half in the Mercy Hospital emergency room getting a few stitches.

Fast forward many years.

Super Bowl 28 against the Cowboys.

Sitting on my couch, Nate Odoms gets the pick.

I slam my right hand against the couch, screaming "go" during his return.

There was a price of wood trim on the couch that I hit.

Hurt, but didn't think it was that much.

Next night, I'm playing basketball with a bunch of church friends.

Came off a screen and took the pass for the guaranteed jumper bucket in that same right hand.

Felt like an electrical charge went through my hand.

Serious pain.

Got it X-rayed the next day and I had fractured a bone in the right hand cheering Nate on.

Thankfully, nothing since.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chris from Rochester said:

After a Josh turnover yesterday, I was extra annoyed, flipped my ottoman and it ended up breaking the screen on my fireplace. My stupidity caused me to miss the pick by White as I had to look online to find a replacement screen.

This got me thinking, over the years what have you broken because of over emotion during games, or is it just me and if so the names of any good anger management places would be appreciated :) 

Nothing because I'm not an idiot

1 hour ago, Chris from Rochester said:

After a Josh turnover yesterday, I was extra annoyed, flipped my ottoman and it ended up breaking the screen on my fireplace. My stupidity caused me to miss the pick by White as I had to look online to find a replacement screen.

This got me thinking, over the years what have you broken because of over emotion during games, or is it just me and if so the names of any good anger management places would be appreciated :) 

I sent a Blackberry through the drywall when Leodis McKelvin fumbled a punt return against NE on MNF with 4 minutes left in the game and the lead.

Thankfully, marriage and children have mellowed me out a bit since then.

Edited by CLTbills

I have not broken anything, but my 4 grown children love to tell people that they learned all their best curse words watching Bills games with me as children. To this day, when I try to call hem on foul language, they revert to this story, and don't leave me with a leg to stand on. I have tried very hard to be a better example for the granddaughter.

I remember when the Bills lost to the Jags on the last play of the game in 2004-- I gave this loud yell. It woke up my newborn (as in days old) nephew, and I got a lot of dirty looks. That may have been my last outburst.

I will say that my body moves all over the place when the Bills play (sort of how novice videogame players move around when they play), and so, I have knocked numerous beverages and food items over, by kicking them off the coffee tables and ottomans inadvertently.  That is a real headache-- because you are watching the play/game, while then scrambling to clean up 

• Haha (+1) 1

When watching football I max out at yelling profanities.

However, I recently was experience interference in Bluetooth and wireless USB signals that I had been unable to pinpoint and I lost my shat and repeatedly smashed my keyboard on my desk 4-5 times. Keys went flying everywhere. Honestly, it felt a bit therapeutic. Good thing I use the same $30 keyboard/mouse combo. Went and bought a new set at Office Depot and continued to troubleshoot. After cleaning up the mess of course...

I think the difference to me is that I cannot control what the Bills or their opponents do, but I should be able to control my own ability to troubleshoot a PC issue, so it bothered me more.

Logitech K360 in case anyone was interested. :)

At the end of the Tennessee illegal forward-lateral playoff game.  I kicked what I thought was a bag of garbage in my Queens apartment. Unbeknownst to me, it was actually filled with empty beer bottles, which broke through the bag and went sliding at a high velocity down a long hallway (wood floors) and into the feet of my roommate, who was working at his desk.  When he looked at me incredulously, I yelled at him for not understanding.  Then I stormed out of the apartment and wandered into a random bar on Ditmars blvd, where three downtrodden looking guys wearing Bills jerseys were sitting at the end of the bar .   

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gene1973 said:

Not allowing boys to mature naturally is bad for society in the long run. Evidence is all around us...

good call.  i'm going to have my 2 and a half year old son start randomly breaking things so he can become a decent man one day.  

• Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Chris from Rochester said:

I have a Bills doll that I got as a gift one year.  It's arms, legs and head are velcroed on.  So...if something bad happens in a game, I rip off a limb and toss it across the room. They  get restored if the Bills do something good to recover.  I hang onto it...especially in close games.  I also have a rubberized/nerf "Bad Call Brick" that I throw when the refs get involved.  That has gotten a lot of use this year!