Ottoman Flip

After a Josh turnover yesterday, I was extra annoyed, flipped my ottoman and it ended up breaking the screen on my fireplace. My stupidity caused me to miss the pick by White as I had to look online to find a replacement screen.

This got me thinking, over the years what have you broken because of over emotion during games, or is it just me and if so the names of any good anger management places would be appreciated :) 

• Haha (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chris from Rochester said:

After a Josh turnover yesterday, I was extra annoyed, flipped my ottoman and it ended up breaking the screen on my fireplace. My stupidity caused me to miss the pick by White as I had to look online to find a replacement screen.

This got me thinking, over the years what have you broken because of over emotion during games, or is it just me and if so the names of any good anger management places would be appreciated :) 

I mean i may have yelled "fall on the F*****G ball!!!!!" to no one in particular as my wife was upstairs not watching the game.

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I don't get angry anymore at Bills stupidity, I laugh.

When I was younger though, I broke a bunch of TV remotes, and after the first loss to the Cowboys in the SB I went outside in the dark and smashed up an old car with a sledge hammer I had parked behind my fathers garage.

gene...you and i need to talk.

• Haha (+1) 4

I am generally able to not break stuff in the house, but I do scare the dog a lot. I watch a lot of games outside and I throw stuff all the time. After that "InTeRcEpTiOn" from the Rams game, my neighborhood is lucky I didn't set the entire thing on fire. I did throw my beer over my back fence from the house. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I thought this would be about a Turkish Bouffant...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Can't really remember having broken anything in anger over a Bills game. The 4 SB's made me pretty much immune to anything in that manner. I have dropped thousands of curse laden tirades over the years though.  

• Like (+1) 3

When the Music City Forward Lateral happened, I took my Bills hat off & fired it at my tv. The hat stuck in the gap between the tv & the entertainment center (pre-flatscreen). Hours later when I'd stopped fuming, I took the hat out, the bill was cracked in half.

1 minute ago, 947 said:

When the Music City Forward Lateral happened, I took my Bills hat off & fired it at my tv. The hat stuck in the gap between the tv & the entertainment center (pre-flatscreen). Hours later when I'd stopped fuming, I took the hat out, the bill was cracked in half.

I threw a football in a small basement and almost destroyed my friend's stereo.  But that was in my younger days.  Now I just sit their non-plussed when Buffalo loses in heartbreaking fashion...such as the Hail Murray throw.

Never broken anything..  Wife bought me a nerf brick years ago.  Used to toss that.  Most thing at risk is the bones in my hand as I slam the chair,  🙂 

It's good that things are at risk again.  Haven't been this keyed up over Bills football since the 90's.

• Like (+1) 2

You people realize that it’s rare to play a perfect game.  One bad or unfortunate play doesn’t automatically decide the outcome.  I mean we were still winning at that point, wasn’t even a game losing play.  

I swear, feels like no one here watches any other football and doesn’t know that good teams make these kinds of plays all the time and still win the game.  KC turned the ball over a couple times late too against TB, and after dominating TB most the game allowed them to come back and make it close finish...but KC still won.  

The focus and over reaction around here on individual plays or even individual games is always so over the top.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Gene1973 said:

Actually no, it's normal for a human male with testoserone. The problems come in when trying to supress the anger.

Really. The urge to do so? Sure.

Grown ups can control such urges. Control yourself. Find other outlets so you don't have a suppression problem.

That’s too funny. I’m an adult I don’t break things or throw temper tantrums. It’s a game it’s meant to be fun right? Entertainment? There are plenty of things to get angry enough at without allowing a game to upset you that much. I’d expect that behavior from a teenager. I could maybe understand for the gamblers who have decent money on the line but as a regular fan it seems childish.

Edited by Rc2catch