Week 13: Bills at 49ers on MNF (in Arizona)

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Isn’t it crazy that in today’s NFL for the entire two minute preview, they only talked about running the ball...

Simms is on the Josh Allen train. I’m surprised he didn’t bring up the obvious X factor here 

Right! Apparently having a top qb is only a huge factor for teams not named Buffalo. 

5 hours ago, wjag said:

Bills have punted the least amount in this NFL season according to Josh Allen from Daboll.  Now that is a stat I like.

In the context where Josh mentioned it, it isn't as great as it sounds, really.

"We've punted the least amount in the league, that's what Daboll told me, which is a great stat.  But it also means if we're not scoring touchdowns, we're either turning the ball over or we're kicking fieldgoals, and obviously we want to be in the endzone, so, that's something we've got to continue to focus on and continue to hone in on, and that's myself emphasize there, and that's what we've got to do, uh, and that's what I will do." (bolded slight emphasis)

The point being, the Bills are last in the league for punts, but only 10th in the league for points & TDs scored and 21st in the league for turnovers.  I mean, yea! we aren't punting, but if we've fumbled or Josh has thrown INTs 16 times, maybe punting a few more times would be better.

Something else about the Bills Run D...

We've played 5 of the top 10 teams in the NFL rushing, of those, we've gone 3-2 against them. We've also beaten the #11 and # 12 Teams in Rushing. So we've gone 5-2 against better rushing teams than the Niners.

Again, they are ranked #16 in team rushing.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The point is, it's pretty scary that he injured both his knee and his ankle on that play

Well I'd guess tweaked is a better word. Otherwise I don't think he comes back into the game. Probably sore but not limiting his abilities. 

Need to report it if he's getting treated for it though. 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Well I'd guess tweaked is a better word. Otherwise I don't think he comes back into the game. Probably sore but not limiting his abilities. 

Need to report it if he's getting treated for it though. 

Injuries can be tricky. Adrenaline covers a lot. I've been injured during games and hardly felt it until the next day. But I bet he will be fine.

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think it will be low scoring 

I agree. First to 20 wins.

26 minutes ago, MJS said:

Injuries can be tricky. Adrenaline covers a lot. I've been injured during games and hardly felt it until the next day. But I bet he will be fine.

I agree. First to 20 wins.

I really like their defense. And in this game, I like ours too. 

5 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

NFL wants the Pitt game to be the game of the year. Doubt they want us w 4 losses.

My take is that a lot of silicon valley disposable bucks are overreacting to a big win versus the Rams. I knew a few of those guys and they loved to gamble and throw around money. They can move the line all they want, the wise guys like us in this one.

Sims and Florio dont like us. Man I usually respect Sims, but I cant see this one any different. Not a lot of insight here, save that we struggle versus the run, and that the 49ers are unstoppable w the run ( they rank 16th). 

Note, that those exact faux run pass plays he talks about, the Bills run too, and frankly they've been executing them better, and more consistantly than the Niners.

I see the Bills rolling.

This analysis is absurd. Who can run the ball? How is this what they are talking about exclusively? 

oh well. I’m still picking us.

This game feels like last year's Steelers game to me.

That is: Both teams have good defenses, both teams have good coaching. The difference, then? Just like in last year's Steelers game, the Bills have the better quarterback. We have Josh Allen and they have Nick Mullens. Hopefully that difference is enough to enable the Bills to bring home the W. 

• Like (+1) 6

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The point is, it's pretty scary that he injured both his knee and his ankle on that play

We are lucky he isn't out for the year and on rehab. 

Josh really needs to stop trying to extend plays while 200lb+ defenders are bringing him down. thats how you cut your nfl career in half

11 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

We are lucky he isn't out for the year and on rehab. 

Josh really needs to stop trying to extend plays while 200lb+ defenders are bringing him down. thats how you cut your nfl career in half

It was definitely one of those plays that could've been REALLY bad. Thankful that it wasn't.