Should we give the Bills a pass vs. LAC???

Billsfan1972

29 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

How bizarre that you would only include AFC playoff teams. If you extend that to all playoff teams we are 3-2. Were the Rams and Seahawks wins not impressive enough for you?

I'm not trying to knock Pittsburgh too much, you can only play the teams on your schedule, but they have had an easy go of it this year:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/2020.htm

A 3 game win streak against the Browns, Ravens, and Titans is pretty impressive but outside of that they haven't played anyone that is competitive this year. It's very similar to our schedule last year. Right now on a neutral field they would definitely be favored but it's a close matchup. Luckily we get a chance to show we can beat them in a couple weeks.

Well comparing only AFC teams keeps the teams more consistent in common opponents. But expanding to NFC:

PIT 3-0, KC is 2-0, TEN is 2-2, BUF is 3-3, CLE is 1-1, MIA is 2-2, IND is 2-2

6 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I am usually tough on the Bills and after yesterday's game, came away not very happy.  Mostly it is always about the offense & yesterday they were out of sync & Bosa just killed them.  Disjointed and just not a great game to watch.  

Concerned that they seem flat of late (outside of Seattle game).

As for the running game, really it only came to life late in the game, and while stats look good, it put them in a hole early in the game.  

Again want to see a really dominant game (heck look at Atl yesterday).

But this week I'll give them a pass.  However no excuse vs. SF 49'ers & looking ahead to the Steelers, or similar excuses. 

You are giving them a pass for a win.  How magnanimous of you.  Have you ever watched a football game before?  You certainly do not demonstrate any understanding of the game.  Go trolling somewhere else.

Edited by FLFan

32 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

So how would you describe the position he threw from? He was definitely on his backfoot and his body seems to be clearly leaning back to me? 

Well, I've said before, I need to see the all-22 with its different angles. 

I did find this one, which lacks perspective that Jones is still a couple steps away, but Allen looks pretty upright to me

Harris's fingers hitting his arm show clearly in the next frame.  Allen has time to complete a follow through and bring his arm fully forward before he's hit.

image.thumb.png.03e4cd4ef3e925e3ff0b4e3bf61f1e68.png

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I did find this one, which lacks perspective that Jones is still a couple steps away, but Allen looks pretty upright to me

Harris's fingers hitting his arm show clearly in the next frame.  Allen has time to complete a follow through and bring his arm fully forward before he's hit.

The broadcast angle to me looks like he is clearly leaning back. If you watch it and don't think that fair enough but it seems pretty clear to me. 

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

Ugly win. It happens. Better than an ugly loss. The concerning parts if you want to dig into it...

We had two weeks to prepare and came out flat and game plan did not seem great. How the heck do you keep running plays right at Bosa?

Hail Mary's - This team has given up 3 straight hail mary's. One was a push off that was negated but they still are looking to catch the ball instead of knocking it down. 

Sloppy play, penalties.

Allen has thrown for ~150yds or less in 3 of 6 games. 4 ints in last 4. 

Still have not won a game by >10.

Negativity or pointing out issues is not allowed after a W.

8 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I am usually tough on the Bills and after yesterday's game, came away not very happy.  Mostly it is always about the offense & yesterday they were out of sync & Bosa just killed them.  Disjointed and just not a great game to watch.  

Concerned that they seem flat of late (outside of Seattle game).

As for the running game, really it only came to life late in the game, and while stats look good, it put them in a hole early in the game.  

Again want to see a really dominant game (heck look at Atl yesterday).

But this week I'll give them a pass.  However no excuse vs. SF 49'ers & looking ahead to the Steelers, or similar excuses. 

Again for those upset read the text.....  I said I'm usually tough & came away not happy....  Was anyone happy about the Offense yesterday?

Running game only looks okay due to the 4th quarter, but was not so good for the most part.  

Again I keep asking for a true dominant 4 quarter game and LAC is 3-8, and we didn't blow out 0-11 NYJ either game.  Oh and 4 games have come down to the last possession. 

And again as per the title, giving them a pass was tongue in cheek saying that while not happy, not getting upset about it all as they won and that in the end is what mattered.

JMHO.... 

Edited by Billsfan1972

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't believe he was "toppling backwards".  I think Harris hit his arm as he threw.  He might have been hindered in his ability to step through by the guy who just beat Morse being in his face.  I'd need to see an angle other than the broadcast film to be sure. 

Was there an element of "hero ball" in there? Probably. 

His arm got hit. It was a tight window but he can make that throw going sideways, backwards, doesn't matter. That's a play where because it's Josh Allen throwing the football, it's reckless. 

If that's Mahomes, it's because his arm got hit.

• Like (+1) 1

Looks like his arm was hit. In a front line picture it’s hard to tell if he is leaning back. Definitely doesn’t look like had time to step into that pass.  

To be honest it doesn’t matter, it was intercepted so it is obviously a bad pass. ***** happens, teams make mistakes and teams make plays. To many people on this board critique our QBs way too much and have for years. Let’s face it, we have seen some of the shittiest  QB play in the league overbthe past 25 years. We got a guy who wants to win, he makes a lot of plays on the field and he is starting to limit his mistakes, be ***** happy. Stop nitpicking, we are 8-3 and have the lead in our division. Onto the 49ers

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Nice Shot, I will not comment on whether he is falling back or not, but that shot is great if you look at his left arm - when he is comfortable that arm is tight and his left hand is up under his chin strap.

Whether he is falling back or not able to step up - it looks like his base is off set and he is not getting the torque to make that type of throw.

Looking at the route diagram - I think Knox is ok - typically that route would angle deeper with Knox heading out past the forty to give him space between 43 underneath and 23 over the top.  The route at the end curls back toward the 45, but Think that was the lack of strength on the throw that caused that.

I do not mind the throw - it is not really hero ball - it was diagnosing the play and making the read and then getting just to much pressure to complete the throw.  That entire play needed another couple of seconds because if he has less pressure - I think he moves his eyes toward Beasley that is breaking open, but he knows the primary read is Knox and the pressure forces the throw and he is not able to get the follow through to get the throw over the top.  

Actually - that is a key part of the Chargers defense - they allow those longer routes to develop and try to undercut them with the expectation that their D-Line can rush a throw and get them the Int.  It is also why if the D-Line doesn’t get there they have given up a ton of big plays.

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Again for those upset read the text.....  I said I'm usually tough & came away not happy....  Was anyone happy about the Offense yesterday?

Running game only looks okay due to the 4th quarter, but was not so good for the most part.  

Again I keep asking for a true dominant 4 quarter game and LAC is 3-8, and we didn't blow out 0-11 NYJ either game.  Oh and 4 games have come down to the last possession. 

And again as per the title, giving them a pass was tongue in cheek saying that while not happy, not getting upset about it all as they won and that in the end is what mattered.

JMHO.... 

The Chiefs have had 4 games that came down to the last possession.....

The Steelers have had 4 games that came down to the last possession....

22 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Nice Shot, I will not comment on whether he is falling back or not, but that shot is great if you look at his left arm - when he is comfortable that arm is tight and his left hand is up under his chin strap.

Whether he is falling back or not able to step up - it looks like his base is off set and he is not getting the torque to make that type of throw.

This part I agree with.  He doesn't set and step into the throw normally. 

Your observation is good that he doesn't have the left arm tight.  Not a good "rotational pass"

21 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The Chiefs have had 4 games that came down to the last possession.....

The Steelers have had 4 games that came down to the last possession....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

let me quote myself from a different thread 

The Bills had THE most rushing yards against the Chargers with 172 combined yards

The Bills had THE most take away's with 3 against the Chargers on the season

The Bills had limited the Chargers to 1 passing TD.  (same as KC and Carolina) 

The Bills defense provided Herbert's worst QB rating of the season of 58.82 (thus far)

The Bills had limited Herbert to his 2nd worst Comp %.  31 of 52

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

speechless