Should we give the Bills a pass vs. LAC???

Billsfan1972

1 hour ago, mjt328 said:

Sorry if I can't get excited about 8-3. 

Every now and then someone makes a post, something to the effect of, "if the Bills win the SB there will be some fans that complain how they won it."

I now agree with those that say that.

The most exciting team the Bills have fielded in over a quarter century and you find no joy.

Amazing.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

You are rarely happy when the Bills win - so get over it - you can go root for your actual team and go to their message board.

Give them a pass - I am sure the Bills are grateful that you chose to give them a pass after beating the Chargers by their biggest margin of the season, holding the Chargers to their lowest scoring output since week 3, out coaching and out performing them, and once again winning the game and beating the Vegas odds.

Glad you are hear to give them that pass.

Early contender for post of the week.

4 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Defense improved but Allen’s play has been shocking at times this season 

He cannot continue to be so inconsistent during games, on fire for one quarter and then a disaster the next. 

He was sacked yesterday 3 times, hit 8 times, and pressured numerous others. Many times he had someone in his face 2 seconds after he dropped back. Penalties also called back at least 3 quality plays in the passing game. He's inconsistent to the tune of almost a 69% completion percentage, putting up as many passing yards in 11 games as he did all of last year, and the same amount of TD's through 11 games as he did all of last year.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Glad though my thread is up to 5 pages of responses in less then 2 hours......😜

This is a Fan Site.....  Yesterday was a disjointed performance and yes I expected more.

Look at Allen's #'s and there was concern.  Everyone pointed to conditions vs. Ten, KC & NE....  Yesterday was a perfect day & 154 yards passing.

All is good, they're 8-3, but yep expected more yesterday (especially after the Bye and the Arizona game).

Sheez....  

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

This is a Fan Site.....  Yesterday was a disjointed performance and yes I expected more.

Look at Allen's #'s and there was concern.  Everyone pointed to conditions vs. Ten, KC & NE....  Yesterday was a perfect day & 154 yards passing.

All is good, they're 8-3, but yep expected more yesterday (especially after the Bye and the Arizona game).

Sheez....  

double digit win. 27 pts scored and holding a top ten offense to 17..... I’d say the bye week went ok. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Sheez....  

154 yards passing was mainly gameplan. Plus the DPI on the first drive. That play is worth 50 odd yards but doesn't count on Allen's stat sheet because the defender who got beat grabbed.

The Bills were worried about the Chargers pass rush and especially after the 2nd and 3rd drives which went nowhere and Allen got sacked once and hit twice they made a concerted effort to not have him drop back and sit in the pocket.

8 minutes ago, H2o said:

He was sacked yesterday 3 times, hit 8 times, and pressured numerous others. Many times he had someone in his face 2 seconds after he dropped back. Penalties also called back at least 3 quality plays in the passing game. He's inconsistent to the tune of almost a 69% completion percentage, putting up as many passing yards in 11 games as he did all of last year, and the same amount of TD's through 11 games as he did all of last year.  

One minor correction Allen was sacked twice. The third sack was on Barkley his one snap. Not that it was his fault that was the play we forgot to block Bosa!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

154 yards passing was mainly gameplan. Plus the DPI on the first drive. That play is worth 50 odd yards but doesn't count on Allen's stat sheet because the defender who got beat grabbed.

The Bills were worried about the Chargers pass rush and especially after the 2nd and 3rd drives which went nowhere and Allen got sacked once and hit twice they made a concerted effort to not have him drop back and sit in the pocket.

So bad offensive line play needs to be addressed, seems to have been an issue (heck 7 sacks by Seattle) of late. 

Edited by Billsfan1972

8 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

By systemic I mean the pattern of collapse of fundamentals in second halves of games, pretty much the last 2 seasons. That's on the coaching eventhough individuals are taking turns doing stupid things.

I couldn't possibly disagree any more with your takes.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

By systemic I mean the pattern of collapse of fundamentals in second halves of games, pretty much the last 2 seasons. That's on the coaching eventhough individuals are taking turns doing stupid things.

If you still believe that its the Vince Lombardi era where players fear the coach, then you're right. However, it is not the 1960s anymore and these mega-rich players that are protected by their union so they cannot be forced to take a hit in practice, are not going to be intimidated into playing hard-nosed, disciplined football for 60-minutes.

The only way you can get them to perform is when they're playing for each other. McDermott has the right idea in team building in the 21st century. But, he simply cannot whip them into shape.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Beast said:

Explain to me how coaching was the issue and the three turnovers yesterday?

Serious question, are you being difficult on purpose?

Gene is very good with the obtuse thing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Everyone cares about wins, but so far the wins have only occurred in the regular season. I think everyone here agrees to make a run all the way to the SB, playing better in 2nd halves of games increases the odds.

Yeah I'm also concerned we haven't won a playoff game this season yet.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Entitled players does make coaching harder I agree, but other coaching staffs are doing a better job of it.

Is this where we list all the guys who we wish we had.... like Frank Reich and Mike Vrabel despite them having had demonstrably worse days than McDermott has had this year... where, just for a reminder, he has more wins against teams with winning records than any other coach and his losses have come against three teams who are a combined 24-9. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

when you tell the world the sky is purple and the water is orange, you’re going to get some responses... 😂

• Like (+1) 1

People aren't wrong when they criticize the way we've been winning some of these games.  We're not beating KC playing like this, and teams like Pitt/Tenn will be a dog fight.  

The Defense is definitely rounding into shape, and they played really well yesterday.  That's now 3 solid games in a row, against top offenses, minus Hail Mary's.

The Running Game wore down LAC yesterday.  We need to get better at getting 4+ yard runs early in the game, but Moss/Singletary looked like a legit duo and the OL was opening up holes as the game got into the second half.   

Yesterday shouldn't have been close, but it was, because whether it's the Offense stalling for a quarter or a random flurry of turnovers yesterday, we haven't figured out how to dagger teams yet.  We're good enough to beat anyone, but we won't beat elite teams playing like we did yesterday.  

Edited by SCBills

Just now, Gene1973 said:

Lets see if his team performs in the playoff's this season.

What will you complain about if we win a playoff game or two?  We are not ready yet to win a SB in all likelihood.  We don' t have the sustained pass rush to deal with Mahomes yet, and Josh is still learning although he's made tremendous strides this season.   But we will be a tough out for any of the other AFC teams.

McDermott has gotten the team to the playoffs 2 out of 3 seasons, and likely 3 out of 4.  I'm glad we have him.

• Like (+1) 2