Should we give the Bills a pass vs. LAC???

Billsfan1972

I am usually tough on the Bills and after yesterday's game, came away not very happy.  Mostly it is always about the offense & yesterday they were out of sync & Bosa just killed them.  Disjointed and just not a great game to watch.  

Concerned that they seem flat of late (outside of Seattle game).

As for the running game, really it only came to life late in the game, and while stats look good, it put them in a hole early in the game.  

Again want to see a really dominant game (heck look at Atl yesterday).

But this week I'll give them a pass.  However no excuse vs. SF 49'ers & looking ahead to the Steelers, or similar excuses. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

How far we have come on TBD that now we complain about the style of wins. It wasn’t that long ago our threads were full of “Yeah we lost but here’s something good that happened...”. I find it absolutely hilarious how many posters we have that are miserable after W’s. I’m thinking most of you weren’t here through the lean years well before the drought and can’t appreciate how difficult it is to win in the NFL

We are 8-3. Another W. We are on to the 49ers.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Chargers are a talented team.  This was their first loss (I believe) of more than 8 points.

The Bills overcame 3 turnovers which cost them from winning this game by even more than they did and the defense and running game played well.

Running the ball and playing good defense is what this team will need to be able to put themselves in better position to win games in the playoffs.

Josh needs to be able to dissect zone defenses better but he did accurately throw the ball enough to keep moving the chains aside from that bad pick .

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

Chargers are a talented team.  This was their first loss (I believe) of more than 8 points.

The Bills overcame 3 turnovers which cost them from winning this game by even more than they did and the defense and running game played well.

Running the ball and playing good defense is what this team will need to be able to put themselves in better position to win games in the playoffs.

Josh needs to be able to dissect zone defenses better but he did accurately throw the ball enough to keep moving the chains aside from that bad pick .

I think the INT was diagnosed well - his arm was hit as he threw and it was well short of where it needed to be. That type of flag route should be open against cover 2.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I am usually tough on the Bills and after yesterday's game, came away not very happy.  Mostly it is always about the offense & yesterday they were out of sync & Bosa just killed them.  Disjointed and just not a great game to watch.  

As for the running game, really it only came to life late in the game, and while stats look good, it put them in a hole early in the game.  

But this week I'll give them a pass.  However no excuse vs. SF 49'ers & looking ahead to the Steelers, or similar excuses. 

A pass for what? They won the game and the Chargers faced their biggest deficit of the season of 18 points when they were down 24-6 in it.

No passes, no excusing away the win, no rationalizing.

The Bills, like many other good teams win games when they don't play their best still. Sometimes even comfortably. That is the sign of a good team. This is not unusual, nor is it realistic to think they will play their best every game. 

The only thing I think of when I read stuff like this is that the person saying this watches very little football outside of Bills games.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Is this a complaint because the Bills won by not following your gameplan of chucking the ball for 300 yards ?   Josh only had 157 yards yesterday In the air yesterday so it was bad.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, wjag said:

Green shoots...  They actually scored a TD in the 3rd quarter..

They did. They matched right down the field and punched it in. 5 minutes later I'm seeing tweets about the Bills 3Q issues. :blink:

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

The Chiefs just won their last 3 games by a total of 9 points.....it’s the NFL not the NCAA.....blowouts are not common in the NFL.

Could you imagine being a Raiders fan today? ;)

Everyone and there brother puts 30+ on the Falcons and they score 6 ;)

• Like (+1) 3

The Bills just aren't going to dominate a team for 4 quarters.  It's NFL football. As the saying goes...the opponents get paid too.  After the Arizona i finally accepted the fact that Buffalo is a good team, above average..but they aren't anything special.  8 wins is a helluva accomplishment to this point so take it and go