Lions fans donating to Deshaun Watson's charity...Bills Mafia shoutout(article)

Big Turk

Not to try and bag on them, but they need to step their game up a little for having an article being written about them...they donated a little over $1K in the 2 days since Patricia waa fired.

In the article they mention the Bills donating to Dalton and Josh Allen's charities...

Hopefully they can get up to at least $25K for Watson...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/lions-fans-thank-donations-deshaun-215008976.html

Edited by matter2003

I'll admit I had the exact same thought as the OP.  Great to hear what they're doing but I think they can do a little better.  Bills Mafia set the bar extremely high of course, but there's a lot of Detroit fans out there in NFL land.  Maybe a friendly competition between fan bases is in order or something.  A whole lot of good could come from something like that.

That being said, kudos to all Lions fans who did donate already, no matter what the total is so far.  If more of them can follow the great example they've set it can pile up quickly as we've seen here lately.

(And a belated shout out to the fine Cardinals fans that took it upon themselves to donate to Oishei Hospital out of respect for Bills fans showing class in their forums and at the game.  That's really classy.  I have major respect for AZ fans now.  )

• Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

It’s kinda strange to donate in honor of someone’s firing. Even if that fired person is an incompetent fat slob for an nfl coach. 

Didn’t our fanbase do a billboard a while back? Time to clean house?

Edited by Beast

14 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Youre comparing apples to oranges here bud 

One is donating to a charity after a person is fired and the other is donating just to get people fired?

Those apples and oranges aren't looking all that different to me.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

It’s kinda strange to donate in honor of someone’s firing. Even if that fired person is an incompetent fat slob for an nfl coach. 

Totally agree.  I actually think it's in poor taste.

2 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

His wife is kinda hot tho...

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah that kind of makes the whole thing awkward.

Don't feel too bad for Patricia...he still is getting paid and I am sure he will have no issues finding another job in the NFL worth more than 500K a year...

Edited by matter2003

3 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah that kind of makes the whole thing awkward.

Not really,  1) he was a failure from day one.  2) he is a failed branch of the Belichick coaching tree. 3) it’s hard to win when your organization isn’t set up to cheat effectively over multiple decades.  4) he not for a second had buy in from the players or the fans.  5) he is an arrogant azs and reaped what he sowed. So it’s all good 😁👍