Saints/Broncos net of 75 yards passing for the game---lowest total since??

Big Turk

19 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

The NFL did the Broncos dry.

No they didn't. The Broncos did it to themselves. They chose to not follow protocols. They chose to not wear masks and tracking devices when they were required to. They chose to try and cover it up by not cooperating with NFL investigators into the incident.

The NFL moves games based on medical decisions ONLY. 

If a team has an active outbreak with players testing positive multiple days in a row then the game gets moved. If it is a contact tracing thing and there is no outbreak the players are ineligible to play and the game still is played. It doesn't matter if it is a bunch of practice squad players on the list, starting QBs, fringe players, some combination of them or the entire starting defense. The rules are the same for all teams, and it has NOTHING TO DO WITH WHO THE PLAYERS ARE. Zero. Zilch. Zip. Nada. 

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

No they didn't. The Broncos did it to themselves. They chose to not follow protocols. They chose to not wear masks and tracking devices when they were required to. They chose to try and cover it up by not cooperating with NFL investigators into the incident.

The NFL moves games based on medical decisions ONLY. 

If a team has an active outbreak with players testing positive multiple days in a row then the game gets moved. If it is a contact tracing thing and there is no outbreak the players are ineligible to play and the game still is played. It doesn't matter if it is a bunch of practice squad players on the list, starting QBs, fringe players, some combination of them or the entire starting defense. The rules are the same for all teams, and it has NOTHING TO DO WITH WHO THE PLAYERS ARE. Zero. Zilch. Zip. Nada. 

We're gonna disagree.  The NFL bent forward for the TITians.

If the Saints choose to ride or die with Hill at QB, they will die in their first playoff game. Defenses will shut off the run and make him pass....a lot.  

I don't understand why every team doesn't keep a QB and perhaps a kicker in isolation.  Seems like a shrewd move, especially for playoff teams.   Having the Broncos situation happen to you in the playoffs is a job termination-level offense IMO.   

8 minutes ago, dpberr said:

If the Saints choose to ride or die with Hill at QB, they will die in their first playoff game. Defenses will shut off the run and make him pass....a lot.  

I don't understand why every team doesn't keep a QB and perhaps a kicker in isolation.  Seems like a shrewd move, especially for playoff teams.   Having the Broncos situation happen to you in the playoffs is a job termination-level offense IMO.   

Brees will be back by then...

30 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

The NFL and its owners should be ashamed to have let this game be played.  They gave the Ravens 5 days to get over a Covid outbreak but made the Broncos play without a QB.  There is no rational explanation other than $$$.

I have posted ad nauseum about it. It makes complete sense. Read one of my previous explanations in this thread or one of the others as to why if you want to understand.

30 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

We're gonna disagree.  The NFL bent forward for the TITians.

In what way? They had a massive outbreak on their team. It is actually pretty cut and dry no matter how other people want to spin it. Does your team have a large outbreak? If yes, move the game. If through contact tracing and more testing it is determined they don't then those players get moved to the COVID list and the game gets played.

They didn't move the Minnesota game because Thielen had to be on the list either. 

It is what it is. Games are only moved if medically necessary and a last resort.

Edited by matter2003

16 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

In what way? They had a massive outbreak on their team. It is actually pretty cut and dry no matter how other people want to spin it. Does your team have a large outbreak? If yes, move the game. If through contact tracing and more testing it is determined they don't then those players get moved to the COVID list and the game gets played.

Your rationale cuts both ways.  The Broncos broke the rules, so screw 'em.  Nayshveel was ridiculously flaunting the rules, which led directly to their Covid breakout, but the NFL bent over forward to accommodate them.  The Bills got completely jerked around, causing us to lose two games due to the ridiculous rescheduling.  But I almost bought screwing the Broncos, until the NFL told them they couldn't sign a coach to play QB in an emergency.  Say what you want, the NFL screwed the Broncos (and the Bills) royally.

i said good day on Tumblr

Edited by Freddie's Dead

41 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Brees will be back by then...

I have posted ad nauseum about it. It makes complete sense. Read one of my previous explanations in this thread or one of the others as to why if you want to understand.

They didn't move the Minnesota game because Thielen had to be on the list either. 

It is what it is. Games are only moved if medically necessary and a last resort.

I read your stuff.  I disagree.  They forced the Broncos to put a kid out there who had never played in the league before, in a position where he could have been seriously injured.

If the Broncos didn’t have someone to play they should have been made to forfeit.  Same with the Ravens.  Same with the Titans against us.  And the league should have paid the other (winning as it were) team’s salaries for that game.

26 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I read your stuff.  I disagree.  They forced the Broncos to put a kid out there who had never played in the league before, in a position where he could have been seriously injured.

If the Broncos didn’t have someone to play they should have been made to forfeit.  Same with the Ravens.  Same with the Titans against us.  And the league should have paid the other (winning as it were) team’s salaries for that game.

That is not how it works. If they forfeited neither teams players would have gotten paid as they are only paid for games played.

You disagree but that doesn't matter, that is the criteria being used and it is very cut and dry in most cases as to whether the game will be played or is in danger of being moved.

32 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

no one forced the broncos to play by your standard. They could have forfeited. 

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Your rationale cuts both ways.  The Broncos broke the rules, so screw 'em.  Nayshveel was ridiculously flaunting the rules, which led directly to their Covid breakout, but the NFL bent over forward to accommodate them.  The Bills got completely jerked around, causing us to lose two games due to the ridiculous rescheduling.  But I almost bought screwing the Broncos, until the NFL told them they couldn't sign a coach to play QB in an emergency.  Say what you want, the NFL screwed the Broncos (and the Bills) royally.

again, consistent policies applied in these examples. 

outbreak putting players at risk, try to postpone. 

Outbreak contained, play as scheduled.

not allowing a team to sign a coach has always been a rule. If the broncos wanted a 5th in house qb they could’ve had one. Or followed restrictions with their existing 4 that would’ve prevented this. 

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

There is no "screw them" involved. Only is the outbreak contained or is there a risk of transmission between players?

Again you are making assumptions that are simply wrong.

Edited by matter2003

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

There is no "screw them" involved. Only is the outbreak contained or is there a risk of transmission between players?

Id be fascinated to see results of 2 polls:

the nfl plays favorites and isn’t fair to teams like the bills?

the nfl should do away with its consistent policies and make each case a judgment call?

i suspect there would be a strange overlap 

Edited by NoSaint

35 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

again, consistent policies applied in these examples. 

outbreak putting players at risk, try to postpone. 

Outbreak contained, play as scheduled.

not allowing a team to sign a coach has always been a rule. If the broncos wanted a 5th in house qb they could’ve had one. Or followed restrictions with their existing 4 that would’ve prevented this. 

And let Nayshveel get away with murder, got it.

34 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

If the Broncs getting screwed makes me wrong, I don't wanna be right.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, MJS said:

Games have been moved when teams continue to have positive cases. If the Broncos weren't continuing to have positive cases why should their game be moved?

Because they were without the most important position in the game.  I also don't understand why they weren't separating their QB's but it still seems a little unjust. 

56 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

And let Nayshveel get away with murder, got it.

If the Broncs getting screwed makes me wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Nashville had to play without a number of players and received a 6 figure fine on top.