Saints/Broncos net of 75 yards passing for the game---lowest total since??

Big Turk

From the searching I have done, it appears it might be the lowest combined total since the early 70s ...not sure if anyone has a more definitive date, but it was a brutal game to watch offensively.

Edited by matter2003

18 minutes ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

I can understand from the Bronco's side as they didn't have a QB, but Taysom Hill should have been better. No?

The Saints ran for 230 yards or so...basically I think they thought if we get to 17 points, there is no way the Broncos can win the game, so why risk throwing it when turnovers would be the only way for them to have any chance of winning.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

The Saints ran for 230 yards or so...basically I think they thought if we get to 17 points, there is no way the Broncos can win the game, so why risk throwing it when turnovers would be the only way for them to have any chance of winning.

That's true. The Saints game plan was, wisely, ultra conservative.

Having said that, the Broncos, who still have a good defense, didn't allow Hill to do much, and Hill looked confused much of the time when he was supposed to throw. But with zero offense from the Broncs, it was inevitable that they'd wear down and the Saints would put up enough points to win comfortably. That's exactly what happened. The game would've been closer if the Broncos had simply punted it away on 1st down each time they took possession rather than giving up 2 INTs and one fumble. That's how pathetic the offense was.

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

That's true. The Saints game plan was, wisely, ultra conservative.

Having said that, the Broncos, who still have a good defense, didn't allow Hill to do much, and Hill looked confused much of the time when he was supposed to throw. But with zero offense from the Broncs, it was inevitable that they'd wear down and the Saints would put up enough points to win comfortably. That's exactly what happened. The game would've been closer if the Broncos had simply punted it away on 1st down each time they took possession rather than giving up 2 INTs and one fumble. That's how pathetic the offense was.

I thought it would be fun to watch but it was incredibly boring and inept...I turned it off the watch the Chiefs game after the first quarter.

• Like (+1) 1

This game made me question a couple things.  Number 1, why weren't the Broncos doing what the Bills are doing with their QB's (Isolating at least one from the rest of the team)?  It makes no sense to have all of your QB's together with what we know about this virus.  And number 2, why couldn't the league find a way to reschedule this game?  The Ravens had their game moved because of some Covid cases, but the Broncos were without the most important position and they couldn't find a way to work that out for them?  Just seems strange to me.

3 minutes ago, TUBSTER said:

This game made me question a couple things.  Number 1, why weren't the Broncos doing what the Bills are doing with their QB's (Isolating at least one from the rest of the team)?  It makes no sense to have all of your QB's together with what we know about this virus.  And number 2, why couldn't the league find a way to reschedule this game?  The Ravens had their game moved because of some Covid cases, but the Broncos were without the most important position and they couldn't find a way to work that out for them?  Just seems strange to me.

Games have been moved when teams continue to have positive cases. If the Broncos weren't continuing to have positive cases why should their game be moved?

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, MJS said:

Games have been moved when teams continue to have positive cases. If the Broncos weren't continuing to have positive cases why should their game be moved?

I guess I question the wisdom of making a team with NO QB play the game.  Bronco's seemed to be unfairly penalized in this case.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, TUBSTER said:

'Mile High' equals atmosphere with lower oxygen levels equals lack of common sense.  Legal marijuana might also have figured into it.

Would have been a riot to hear Greg Bauch's character 'Greg Buck' call the play by play for this one. 😁

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, TUBSTER said:

For the umpteenth time.

The league DOES NOT reschedule games due to what players are out. It only reschedules games if it is determined to be medically necessary due to there being COVID outbreaks on the team that could result in transmission dangers.

The Broncos QBs were on the COVID list for close contact with a player that tested positive and had no masks or tracking devices for much of the time. They did not test positive themselves. They also did not cooperate with the investigation by the NFL.

It is very simple. Games get moved when there is an active outbreak of COVID with multiple players testing positive over multiple days NOT when there is an isolated case and other players out due to being in contact.

The NFL doesn't give a crap who is out for a team if they deem it safe to play the game.

2 hours ago, Kwai San said:

I guess I question the wisdom of making a team with NO QB play the game.  Bronco's seemed to be unfairly penalized in this case.

I could be wrong but I thought they were found to be in violation of protocols with those quarterbacks not wearing masks in practice or the building or something. So it’s possible it was meant as a form of punishment. 

Just now, Rc2catch said:

I could be wrong but I thought they were found to be in violation of protocols with those quarterbacks not wearing masks in practice or the building or something. So it’s possible it was meant as a form of punishment. 

No it wasn't. Refer to my post above for the explanation.

2 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Neither team had a QB, it was like watching a game with two cloned Lamar Jacksons. 

Harsh, yet kinda funny...

18 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

They punished them all right....too bad they didn't do the same to the Tennessee Covids....

• Like (+1) 1