Milano and AJ together?

BeastMode54

I’m not really sure what this thread is positing.

Is the OP asking if our best starting three linebackers in a 4-3 set are Milano, Edmunds, and Klein? If so, the answer is yes. Those are and have always been our starting Will, Mike, and Sam LBs. 

If the question is which one comes out on 3rd down, well...Klein has made that a bit more of a discussion with his great play in recent weeks.

Is it me, or does Klein not seem like surest tackler of the three? He might not have the wheels those guys have, but it seems like he often gets his arms around the guy and brings him to the ground. That being the case, maybe he helps our Run D.

Edited by foreboding

If Milano comes back, they should give him limited snaps on 3rd downs and passing downs. Keeping him active is the key. The combination of him and Klein coming on blitzes is formidable. This defense could be scary if we can keep playing the run as tough as the Charger game. Jefferson and Edmunds were pretty effective. Keep playoff pressure and be real physical doing it.

1 minute ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

If Milano comes back, they should give him limited snaps on 3rd downs and passing downs. Keeping him active is the key. The combination of him and Klein coming on blitzes is formidable. This defense could be scary if we can keep playing the run as tough as the Charger game. Jefferson and Edmunds were pretty effective. Keep playoff pressure and be real physical doing it.

Yep. I love his skills, but damn if Milano doesn't seem to be made of glass. He just cannot stay available.

I don't keep up with schemes and whatnot but it is clear they are not asking Klein to do what they ask Milano to do, they have totally different skill sets.  Early on they were asking Klein to play the role Milano plays and it was a disaster.  Klein did not suddenly do a 180, the staff adjusted for what he does well.

• Like (+1) 1