Milano and AJ together?

BeastMode54

The original plan was the three would be starting LB's and likely Klein would come out on passing plays.  Kleins play of late may have changed that where you leave him in as an extra standing lineman to blitz from different spots.

That may in some cases be better than an extra DB on he field

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, JaCrispy said:

I could see it only if Klein becomes more of the MLB, Edmunds OLB, with Milano an OLB/S hybrid

Worry about getting Milano healthy first. Then where snaps are going. Klein is bringing some juice on the blitzes, and holding his own in coverage.

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

I could see it only if Klein becomes more of the MLB, Edmunds OLB, with Milano an OLB/S hybrid

Not sure Klein has the range for Mike. Hes playing more on the LOS to fit a bit better.

8 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Worry about getting Milano healthy first. Then where snaps are going. Klein is bringing some juice on the blitzes, and holding his own in coverage.

Not sure Klein has the range for Mike. Hes playing more on the LOS to fit a bit better.

Probably right about Klein at ML. Klein’s 40 time at the combine: 4.66. Edmunds; 4.52. 

I like Klein as a blitzer. It worries me when he is expected to cover or beat runners to the boundary. He is just so dang slow and doesn't take the best angles.

I'm excited to have Milano back for coverage.

• Like (+1) 2

I have the solution...

Milano at Big Nickel. Taron Johnson has been the weakest link in our back-7 all year. Milano playing there gets him & Klein on the field at the same time, this would make us a legit tough Defense again. If we want to win in the playoffs, this is what we need.

Edited by 947
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

A healthy Milano is a liability never.

He's not getting hurt going to the refrigerator late at night.  Nor in passing downs when in coverage. 

225 LBs don't hold up well in the NFL for very long.  He's a good player in some respects, but missing 10 games in 3 years isn't typically something players avoid into mid-career.

Shanahan will run at you and he’ll pick you apart with shifty players getting into space, within 15 yards, and he the TE involved.

Be an interesting balance between the Sam and Nickel. 

My gut says they’ll play majority Sam as you stop the run against the Niners you stop their primary weapon 

10 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

A healthy Milano is a liability never.

no he gets run over, great cover LB and sideline to sideline But watch teams run right at him when he is on the field.  AJK is actually better blitzer it seems.

Also Tremaine was very good, maybe best we’ve seen all season. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

10 hours ago, MJS said:

I like Klein as a blitzer. It worries me when he is expected to cover or beat runners to the boundary. He is just so dang slow and doesn't take the best angles.

I'm excited to have Milano back for coverage.

That early 3rd and 10 to eckler doesn’t happen if it’s Milano out there IMO. That said it’s hard to complain with Klein’s play for the last month. He’s a backup after all.