The Art of Defending the Hail Mary

3 hours ago, MJS said:

The Bills did not almost lose today. In fact they won by double digits.

Still, It did seem eerily similiar and I found myself feeling very thankful for Anthony Lynns poor clock management skills.

This hail mary play seems to be a problem... 

4 hours ago, Figster said:

Still, It did seem eerily similiar and I found myself feeling very thankful for Anthony Lynns poor clock management skills.

This hail mary play seems to be a problem... 

Agree with that 110%.  Wholly Crap that was bad!  I can not believe that at one point in my fandom that I was thinking oh, he is a good coach!  A bud of mine texted me after the game.....Bye bye Anthony!.....we shall see.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The end of the game was comical. The Bills inability to defend the hail mary and the Chargers pathetic play calling at the end. Lynn will probably be fired. Talentwise that isn't a 3-8 football team especially with Herbert playing so well

9 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Why not put the tallest players out there to defend it Edmonds 6'6" instead of 5'10 White etc?? All they have to do is stand there and knock it away not rocket science. 

It should be our best leaping receiver, the Pats would put Gronk on defense for hail Mary's.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, matter2003 said:

This time there were 4 or 5 players around the ball instead of 3...maybe they should get 9 or 10 back there??

Reminds me of the classic baseball error of multiple outfielders going for a catch at the same time, and none wind up with it as it drops in for a hit. Maybe having a crowd back there is part of the problem? Only one or 2 could see better to make the "kill" happen without friendly fire adjustment interference? 🧐  

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Reminds me of the classic baseball error of multiple outfielders going for a catch at the same time, and none wind up with it as it drops in for a hit. Maybe having a crowd back there is part of the problem? Only one or 2 could see better to make the "kill" happen without friendly fire adjustment interference? 🧐  

I believe this is the problem. 

Yesterday, Poyer went up and was knocking it down. Taron Johnson came in with his arms and sort of swiped at Poyer, and then the ball got hung up on someone else's jersey, and the Chargers receiver just stole the ball. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, clearwater cadet said:

The chargers WR dropped the ball on the long pass at the 2 yard line at the end of the game.  I don't know how that gets missed by league review/ booth review.

•  

You mean on the hail mary?  From what I saw the charger made several "football moves" before he dropped the ball, he must have had 7=-8 steps with the ball in control  so it would be a fumble recovered the Charger regardless.  

We had a line of players deep, and then allowed the taller Bolts receiver to obtain a better position in front of them to high-point the ball. Did the same thing on the other "rare" hail Mary completion. It is a bad scheme. The Bills need guys deep and some guys who can high-point shallow bracketing the receiver - not a whole group standing behind the other team's best jump ball player.

Then stop trying to catch the damn thing - knock it down, knock it down, knock it down. OR if they are not going to execute it correctly just use a deep zone and rush 5 to get to the QB keep everything in front and in the middle.

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Ok i cant recall, what is the third besides Arazona and yesterday?

The play before the catch.  Guyton pushed off and caught the ball.  Called in offensive PI.  But he did catch it.  So technically three, only two counted.

• Like (+1) 1