Let’s consider permanently replacing Milano with Klein.

M. Wrotto

Klein has more sacks in the last three game stretch than Milano has in his entire career  Keep both and continue using Klein downhill and on delayed rushed  Guy has a nose for the qb  and play a little violent something the Bills have lacked on defense for a long time

3 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

Klein has really turned it around. The coaches have definitely figured out his strengths and he has probably become more comfortable in the system. Why does it have to be either/or, why not keep both? 

Thank you for your rational answer.  Most of this board refuse to listen to things like this because it is EITHER/OR for everything.

Klein's savings probably is not worth pursuing next season so I would assume he stays on the team.

The following year (2022) he costs next to nothing to let go so that would be the time to make a decision.

I said a couple of weeks ago what you mentioned above.  He is learning to fit in where his strengths are and the coaches are doing their best

to scheme him in those spots.

48 minutes ago, M. Wrotto said:

I’m a big fan of Milano. A healthy Milano. The trouble is we can’t count onhim to be there week in and week out. Definitely not worth 8 to 12 mil a year which will be the going rate.

More like 14 or 15 mil a year.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Klein isn't really replacing Milano.  They shuffled the responsibility deck and handed out the cards differently

Exactly...the way they are using Klein the past few games has definitely allowed him to be a big contributor to the D instead of a liability.

Kudos to the defensive coaching staff for adjusting to their players.

Let's not forget lack of a true offseason this year hasn't helped with integrating new players into systems and it has had to be done on the fly...

Diggs made a seamless transition on offense but Klein struggled on D until they carved out a different role for him attacking near the LOS mainly.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, M. Wrotto said:

He has definitely been steady for the past month, not expensive and definitely not as injury prone as Milano.

Lets not a say we did!

What I will say, the season started with idea of( like last season with Lorax), taking Klein out on likely passing downs.  Klein's play of late may change that, instead you keep him on the field lining up all over the place and blitz, then on occasion to mix it up let Klein go back in coverage and blitz either Edmunds or Milano.  But maybe you keep all three LB's on field much more than initially planned.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Klein has been pretty good but he’s a SLB. Milano plays a different position. Let’s just keep both and add a stud MLB in round 1 next year.

I literally recoiled reading this.  

Yes, let’s invest more than anyone in the history of the NFL has ever invested in at LB... Pay Milano, draft another MLB in the 1st Round and have a 1st Round backup linebacker?  

Fwiw, Edmunds looks good now that he’s getting healthier. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Wait? Wasn’t Klein our worst free agent signing in history? I read that here somewhere. 

He was.  Then, either things clicked for him or the coaches started using him differently. Or maybe both. He was horrendous to start the year.

I don’t currently hate Aj Klein.  I pray this continues 

2 hours ago, DasNootz said:

Klein is a one trick pony.  He’s good at getting in the backfield.  He’s weak in coverage and misses a lot of open field tackles.  When he plays to his strength he’s productive.  Milano is much better all around in my opinion.

Agree Milano is all around better but that neck whip tackle A.J. had on 3rd down in the redzone was a monster play with some serious closing speed.

A critical, game changing play.

Look at the Bills defensive numbers in games Milano has played vs games Milano has missed the past 3 years. We are somewhere around 60 yards better per game with Milano in the lineup. I hope the injuries this year depress his value closer to 9 mil per year than 15, as we are a much better team if he’s still on it.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, mike22nc said:

Look at the Bills defensive numbers in games Milano has played vs games Milano has missed the past 3 years. We are somewhere around 60 yards better per game with Milano in the lineup. I hope the injuries this year depress his value closer to 9 mil per year than 15, as we are a much better team if he’s still on it.

I like Matt Milano. The problem is, even if you pay him AJ Klein money ($18 million/3 years) not to mention $9 million per year (!!), that's $$ you don't have to pay harder to replace positions (Feliciano & Daryl Williams). Then you've got Tremaine and Josh coming up for big pay days. If Milano takes a home town discount, sure, but some team out there will pay him more than we ever should.