Ed Oliver...coming into his own.

Hebert19

53 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Cover 1 dudes thought epenesa played his best Game yet. I saw a really good play on TFL. Wondering if anyone’s else noticed. 

also agree Ed had a good game (great if not for the penalty)

Guys on the Chargers forums were mad cause they traded up to get another guy

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea he obviously made a couple of dumb mistakes today but overall this was his best game in a number of weeks. He was causing problems even when doubled today. 

Is it me or did he look a lot bigger? He looks like he put on 20 pounds.

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I agree. I guess Gannon said that Hebert was out of the pocket and so White was able to hit him low. I didn’t realize that was the rule.

1 hour ago, Simon said:

Once the QB bails out of the pocket he no longer has protection with that low tackle rule.

59 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Herbert was out of the pocket.  Had he been in the pocket that would have been a Personal Foul on White.

Office space - 8 Bob, I have 8 different bosses. That means when I make a mistake, I have 8 different people coming by to tell me about it.

• Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Simon said:

Even just a legitimate NFL player would be a huge upgrade at this point.

He's literally the only DT on this roster that should be taking regular snaps at this level.

Unfortunately, with McDermott's insistence on a constant rotation, I don't expect the Bills to find a good partner for him because they seem inclined to devalue what I think is the most important position on the defense.

Ed was on more than usual though.   It felt that way anyway. 

51 minutes ago, Aaronthebaron said:

After watching the replay, my opinion on the starting DL is Hughes, Zimmer, Oliver, Epenesa. 

This.  And butler Harry and Addison rotating in.  

57 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Guys on the Chargers forums were mad cause they traded up to get another guy

Epenesa is kelsey.   Sets edge.  Can get to QB if coverage holds up.  Solid in run.  He will be a good pro

3 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

He was unblockable out there sometimes.  He is getting a lot more flash plays the last few weeks.  He's part of the reason we have been able to get the pressure we have on the edges and blitzing.  There is no pocket to step up into. 

I love your threads Herb. They are usually always about positive things. I appreciate that. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

I love your threads Herb. They are usually always about positive things. I appreciate that. 

Well I figure we can complain about the negatives all day if we want.  As there are many but we are 8 and 3 after years of *****...so be happy and hope she all comes together when it matters. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I agree. I guess Gannon said that Hebert was out of the pocket and so White was able to hit him low. I didn’t realize that was the rule.

BTW, I would be really Mad as a chargers’ fan. Hebert took at least three shots to the knees today. 

I don't get the rule either, because you see sacks almost every game where the defender is on the ground and then lunges and gets the QB around the legs and no penalty flag is thrown for it.

3 hours ago, Philo said:

Put a true 1 tech beside him next year and it's game on. 

Yup.

Dont worry its on Beane's list.  Noticed they activated Harrison today, didnt see him in the game until late but he and Ed know each other well out there.

That one strip sack move big Ed was on Herbert in less than 2 seconds.  He's got a nasty chop goin for that ball, reminded me of the Dak strip sack he had last year.

Fyi that roughing the passer call was ridic.  Of course CBS never shows replays at different angles or slo mo but i rewatched it, the league owes 91 an apology.