Josh Allen injury?

YoloinOhio

Just now, GoBills808 said:

The reason I say take zone read out is because it doesn’t work. Reason number one it doesn’t work is because the inside zone is never there and the DE can just key on the QB which is an injury waiting to happen. Reason number two is because Allen’s mesh point is too sticky and he doesn’t have the lateral quickness to overcome that.

Running it a bit on those drives at the end of the first today was tactical to set other stuff up though. Those two drives the Beasley TD drive and the one before HT that included the scary play and ended with a FG definitely impacted the way the Chargers rushed the passer after that. They made a real concerted effort on those drives to run aggression beaters. 

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

The reason I say take zone read out is because it doesn’t work. Reason number one it doesn’t work is because the inside zone is never there and the DE can just key on the QB which is an injury waiting to happen. Reason number two is because Allen’s mesh point is too sticky and he doesn’t have the lateral quickness to overcome that.

I personally like the McKenzie jet sweep read/handoff to RB option better myself.

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Running it a bit on those drives at the end of the first today was tactical to set other stuff up though. Those two drives the Beasley TD drive and the one before HT that included the scary play and ended with a FG definitely impacted the way the Chargers rushed the passer after that. They made a real concerted effort on those drives to run aggression beaters. 

That play was zone read that Allen tried to hero ball a pass out of, it’s run all the way..those play calls aren’t going to impact the pass rush much if at all. RPO I could get on board with but a bunch of this is strictly zone read and imo it’s mostly worthless for the reasons I said above.

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

That play was zone read that Allen tried to hero ball a pass out of, it’s run all the way..those play calls aren’t going to impact the pass rush much if at all. RPO I could get on board with but a bunch of this is strictly zone read and imo it’s mostly worthless for the reasons I said above.

If the DE is crashing down on the QB and the back has slipped out past him I disagree that it has little impact on the way the defense rushes. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

If the DE is crashing down on the QB and the back has slipped out past him I disagree that it has little impact on the way the defense rushes. 

You said pass rush so I assumed you were talking about a pass play. And our zone read doesn’t really put the DE in trouble because there’s no threat inside because we can’t run block.

They likely gave him a small dose of an “I don’t care drug”, and ya know, he didn’t care. 🤞 he’s okay going forward.

1 hour ago, JoPoy88 said:

Rolled his ankle...came back all good. What’s the problem?

OP in the thread.  Banged up and another PT are saying MCL sprain and showing pic of Allen wearing obvious knee brace.

It's ~ 1 month injury

Hopefully he'll be able to play through it - probable from him being able to keep going today but can swell and stuff

• Thank you (+1) 1

If we are dealing with a knee injury a lot can happen in the next 48 hours to determine his availability for the upcoming weeks... I wouldn't put too much into him finishing the game out like he did... as Rick James would say "adrenaline is a helluva drug"

hqdefault.jpg

He came back but who knows how this feels in a day or two.  He will play the next game, i have no doubt, he’s tough.  But it would not surprise me if Allen shows up on an injury report later this week as “questionable” 

• Thank you (+1) 1