Josh Allen injury?

YoloinOhio

His ankle bent but if you watch at the very end his knee got pinned underneath him and he was kind of pushed in the other direction by the guy coming in late...

Very lucky because I thought it could have been a bad ankle and/or knee sprain or possible tear.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

His ankle bent but if you watch at the very end his knee got pinned underneath him and he was kind of pushed in the other direction by the guy coming in late...

Very lucky because I thought it could have been a bad ankle and/or knee sprain or possible tear.

Yea that was what I saw first the way the knee moved.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

He was rushing and diving at pylons after that.  He's fine.  He NEEDS to stop hero ball in all but desperate situations though.

That play was on him. He misread the read option and then after that should have just eaten the sack. 

I know some say take the read option out but the Bills were making a concerted effort to run plays that would back off the pass rush and the read option is in that category. It worked too. Our oline was able to pass protect much better 2nd half once we had established we were willing to zone read and screen pass and double pass and do stuff that used the defense's aggressiveness against them. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I pray his “inner Gumby” was more than just an adrenaline rush and he’s fine moving forward. I don’t love all the designed runs, especially on consecutive plays (which seems to happen a lot), but I get what they add to the offense. They make other things work. 

Be well, Josh! 

8 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

He came out and played as he normally would. Didn’t seem limited 

side note that’s why I hate the qb runs. If he’s gone so is our season

I mean we could probably still limp into the playoffs with Barkley, but...

16 minutes ago, Mango said:

Gannon kept saying ankle, it looked like a knee to me. But I’m just some Schmo on the internet

Yeah, the way the ankle turned that’s what I thought it was but that can twist a knee just as easily. 

The positive is Josh said he’s fine. 😃 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That play was on him. He misread the read option and then after that should have just eaten the sack. 

I know some say take the read option out but the Bills were making a concerted effort to run plays that would back off the pass rush and the read option is in that category. It worked too. Our oline was able to pass protect much better 2nd half once we had established we were willing to zone read and screen pass and double pass and do stuff that used the defense's aggressiveness against them. 

The reason I say take zone read out is because it doesn’t work. Reason number one it doesn’t work is because the inside zone is never there and the DE can just key on the QB which is an injury waiting to happen. Reason number two is because Allen’s mesh point is too sticky and he doesn’t have the lateral quickness to overcome that.