This is a hard league to win in....

Hebert19

1 minute ago, High Football IQ said:

Win aside, this was as a pathetic performance as it gets coming out of a bye week against a 3 win team.

Arizona has also lost 3 of 4 games with the only win coming against the Bills which is also not a very inspiring barometer.

Bottom line this team is going to need to play significantly better down the stretch or it's still a very real possibility they not only miss out on the division but miss the playoffs altogether.

That team could easily have 7 wins.   All 7 loses by 1 score.  

There is a ***** load of talent on that team. 

• Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

It’s easy to say “who cares, we won” but we lose these games against quality opponents 

Edit: Apparently this post has triggered some of you. I can’t express in words how sorry I am. Do you honestly believe that if we had played Kansas City or Pittsburgh the same way we played today that we would win that game? That’s all I’m saying. 

No offense but your original comment and your edit are just fan mythology and has no basis in reality or merit to the discussion. Pitt and KC are completely different teams, different styles, etc.  You cant say "well if we played this way, we would not have beaten so and so."  It doesn't equally translate over.  

And sorry, you clearly have not watched many KC or Pitt games this year, because they have each played several games this year where they were not very impressive and played at a level they could have easily lost to a lesser team, especially Pitt. 

So to answer your question, YES, we could have beat either of those teams having played "this" way even though its not a really an accurate thing to compare.  In fact, if we played at the level we played today, we would have beaten KC the first time.  We were within one score at the end of the game while literally playing one of our absolute 2 worst games of the year, and todays performance was substantially better than we showed against KC the first time.  I mean Dallas almost beat Pitt and so did a couple other really bad teams.

Again no disrespect, but your post is ridiculous.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

It’s easy to say “who cares, we won” but we lose these games against quality opponents 

Edit: Apparently this post has triggered some of you. I can’t express in words how sorry I am. Do you honestly believe that if we had played Kansas City or Pittsburgh the same way we played today that we would win that game? That’s all I’m saying. 

Yes it was messy and ugly, But we weren’t playing either of those teams you mentioned,  ya can’t use make believe pff style mighta coulda metrics, we would be doing different things playing either of those teams, and ya know we just may win both of those games.., ya can never tell, any given Sunday as the saying goes...

Overall we are a better team than last year, but we are not in the top tier yet of AFC teams like KC and Pittsburg. Our defense why improving isn't good enough this year and we don't have a consistent running game don't seem to have the killer instinct to close out games like we should.

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

Any given Sunday...but not for the bills.  

Yes we complain about how we win but this team beats teams its supposed to beat.  Today was a great example of that.  Lots of teams lose that game.  Look at raiders...played down to an opponent and got crushed.  Rams losing to an undermanned san fran.   

Every week the better team loses here and there...but the bills always find a way.  Who cares about style points.  Just win baby. 

Even though we don’t like seeing it, to stay ahead with those three turnovers was impressive.

• Like (+1) 1

Yes they should have played better.  Yes there were some stupid plays in the fourth quarter. Yes they probably lose to the Chiefs if they play the way they played today.  Yes there are a couple posters in this thread who claim to be fans if the team but from all appearances want them to lose and/or refuse to see anything positive in this team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brennan Huff said:

They didn't play them today.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No offense but your original comment and your edit are just fan mythology and has no basis in reality or merit to the discussion. Pitt and KC are completely different teams, different styles, etc.  You cant say "well if we played this way, we would not have beaten so and so."  It doesn't equally translate over.  

And sorry, you clearly have not watched many KC or Pitt games this year, because they have each played several games this year where they were not very impressive and played at a level they could have easily lost to a lesser team, especially Pitt. 

So to answer your question, YES, we could have beat either of those teams having played "this" way even though its not a really an accurate thing to compare.  In fact, if we played at the level we played today, we would have beaten KC the first time.  We were within one score at the end of the game while literally playing one of our absolute 2 worst games of the year, and todays performance was substantially better than we showed against KC the first time.  I mean Dallas almost beat Pitt and so did a couple other really bad teams.

Again no disrespect, but your post is ridiculous.

I get that my post was hypothetical, but I stand by my opinion. The Chargers are not a well coached team. They could not capitalize on our mistakes. The Chiefs are a very well coached team. If we turn the ball over 3 times in the span of 7 plays, there is a very good possibility that they will capitalize on those mistakes. I appreciate your well thought out response as opposed to “do you even watch football” people 

5 minutes ago, chknwing334 said:

I was able to snap a picture of Brennan Huff and Gene1973 watching the Bills game...

grumpy.jpeg

Ok this is kinda funny

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brennan Huff said:

Boooooooooooooo.

On a serious note I wouldn’t expect them to beat a team like KC or pitts if they played like that.

But not every time are you going to be on your A game, and it’s nice to win a game when they played well below their capabilities.

19 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with that statement, but all things considered the Bills needed to be much better coming off a bye and Allen was not good at all outside of a few plays including the long pass to Davis.

The PI called on the pass to Diggs early would have been a major play if not a TD. That was a good play, just not counted in the stats.

46 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Anyone see the stat.  Now 30 and 0 when leading by 10 at halftime.  30 and 0.   It doesn't have to be pretty. 

This stat is a bit useless.  It's close to saying "Mcdermott is undefeated when winning by more than 7 with less than 37 seconds left in the 4th" or "undefeated when the total score sums up to an odd number after 19 minutes of gameplay".  You can look at any team and find a strong, winning record with a 2 score halftime lead.

I thought today wasn't "that" bad.  We played an ok game, while showing that we have better talent and coaching to lead and win so definitively with that many mistakes.

4 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Boooooooooooooo.

On a serious note I wouldn’t expect them to beat a team like KC or pitts if they played like that.

But not every time are you going to be on your A game, and it’s nice to win a game when they played well below their capabilities.

Thank you. And you are completely right

• Thank you (+1) 1

I hate to interrupt with this news flash, but Whiney Tom was seen shaking Mahomes hand post-game. Maybe he can act like a Big Boy after all in a losing effort? 

NOW: Back to your regularly scheduled posting about how hard it is to win in this league. 

I expected a W here... but that Herbert kid is going to be a top 5 QB in the NFL right up there with Allen.. we WILL be seeing a lot of these guys over the next 5 to 10 years... And Bosa is a manimal.. they’re more talented then people think.. they have some nice pieces.. And I’d take Lynn back in a heartbeat if he gets fired by San Diego.. GREAT coach!

The turnovers were the main issue, without them we probably would have blown them out.  The sloppiness with the ball was getting ridiculous, but they played fine otherwise.  The defense played well under the circumstances.  4 TO's in one quarter is a lot for a defense to deal with.

Well, the downside of today is it was a super sloppy game and at times on O an absolute disaster.

The upside is, the run game came back, and the d honestly balled out of control.  Except the desperate garbage time hail Mary (which didn't even result in points), there were no big plays given up, and they did reasonably well against the run too.  

Our o lacks any kind of speed without brown in there.  Diggs is obviously sick, but the d was talking the top away from him all day (the one pass early which lead to pass intro woke them up) and our TEs are cheeks and no other wr is a real burner, and our rbs are slow too.

I think the team we saw today, warts and all, with brown and milano and kroft can match up all over the place.

On D, and if be been pooping on it all year, they seem to be figuring some stuff out and if epenesa can continue to improve, and with klien coming into his own, throw in milano and an improved edmunds and it might actually be playing a bit better then they were at the end of last season.